Judge declines to marry same sex on religious grounds

It was your claim.

Another thing that you keep ignoring is that polygamous and incestuous marriages (especially incestuous) are highly correlated with some form of child abuse! That is not the case with two gay people getting married.

And, let's say they did legalize such unions? How does that effect you?
Incorrect. Gays don't stop at marriage, they want the whole package including sucking innocent children into their selfish little world. This is extreme child abuse.

No, THIS is extreme STUPIDITY!! You have no idea what you are talking about. Gay people have had children in their care and have been adopting them for decades. It is not an issue.
Unless you're that kid that has been deliberately deprived of a mother or a father. You don't have to convince me that gay couples have been selfish for decades, considering only what they want, not what a child needs. I already know that.

Where are you getting this crap from? Someone is feeding you a load of horseshit and you're swallowing it whole. The children that gay people are caring for were already deprived of a mother or a father or both for reasons having nothing to do with gay relationships or marriage. How the hell are gays being selfish? They are providing a family for kids and now, thanks to legalized marriage those children can have two legal parents. I guess you can't fix stupid so I'm not even going to try.
Bullshit. They aren't looking for jaded teens and preteens being cycled through the system, they want a baby like everyone else. They want to create a domestic structure that's inferior to what every child needs and deserves and then subject an innocent child to it.

It won't be long before we see these children, realizing how they were fucked, murdering their fag "parents" while they sleep. I already warned Seawytch, hopefully she sleeps with one eye open.

Another thing that you keep ignoring is that polygamous and incestuous marriages (especially incestuous) are highly correlated with some form of child abuse! That is not the case with two gay people getting married.

Incorrect. Gays don't stop at marriage, they want the whole package including sucking innocent children into their selfish little world. This is extreme child abuse.

No, THIS is extreme STUPIDITY!! You have no idea what you are talking about. Gay people have had children in their care and have been adopting them for decades. It is not an issue.
Unless you're that kid that has been deliberately deprived of a mother or a father. You don't have to convince me that gay couples have been selfish for decades, considering only what they want, not what a child needs. I already know that.

Where are you getting this crap from? Someone is feeding you a load of horseshit and you're swallowing it whole. The children that gay people are caring for were already deprived of a mother or a father or both for reasons having nothing to do with gay relationships or marriage. How the hell are gays being selfish? They are providing a family for kids and now, thanks to legalized marriage those children can have two legal parents. I guess you can't fix stupid so I'm not even going to try.
Bullshit. They aren't looking for jaded teens and preteens being cycled through the system, they want a baby like everyone else. They want to create a domestic structure that's inferior to what every child needs and deserves and then subject an innocent child to it.

Inferior according to you. Folks that actually know gay parents recognize they are as attentive and loving as straight parents.

It won't be long before we see these children, realizing how they were fucked, murdering their fag "parents" while they sleep. I already warned Seawytch, hopefully she sleeps with one eye open.

Wow. And this hateful shit is why your ilk keep losing. On the one hand, folks that get to know gays and lesbians can see they are as loving and spend as much time with their kids as straight parents. They can recognize that their kids love them back. They can see the bond, the attention, the love of parent to child.

And on the other, there's your ilk spewing hateful bile like 'It won't be long before we see these children murdering their fag parents'.

What folks experience trumps your murder fantasies. Which is why you keep losing.

You are one twisted, ignorant and hateful dude. I sort of feel sorry for you. I recognize when there is no hope of reasoning with someone like you. I could shove the reams of evidence in your face and it would not phase you. You'll just keep coming back with this bigoted bovine excrement which you can't back up with a single documented fact. Real pathetic. You will now be ignored

thats a fairly harsh generalization dont you think?
I have no doubt that gay parents will raise their children the same way that straight parents do, I suspect that there will be instances of abuse and incest, however we see that in the straight population too.
My concern is the teasing and torment that the children of gay parents will be handed in school.

I have no doubt that gay parents will raise their children the same way that straight parents do, I suspect that there will be instances of abuse and incest, however we see that in the straight population too.
My concern is the teasing and torment that the children of gay parents will be handed in school.

Thank you for your much needed enlightened view of parenting y gay people. As far as teasing and bullying in schools go, I believe that is becoming less and less of a problem all the time. Most schools have adopted a zero tolerance policy for such behavior. There are lots of supports such as gay -straight alliance groups. Kids do not have a problem with LGBT people nearly as much as adults do. Adults who sound the alarm about bullying are often projecting their own prejudices onto kids but in reality most of them are pretty cool with it.

In any case it is certainly not a reason to discourage gays from adopting . That would just serve to penalize and victimize numerous children in foster care in need of a home and legal parents not to mention all of the kids who are already in the care of gay and lesbian people.

Last edited:

That seems to be an actual issue.

That issue is the only reason I can come up with why gay parents might not be as good for the children as straight parents.
But then, what if the straight parents get drunk in public, or have an affair, or get picked up by the police, have family fights etc... Couldnt these things cause the child problems in school too?
I dont think someone needs to be gay, or approve of gay marriage to understand that the problems might be different, but just as real and just as potentially damaging to the child with either type of family situation.
At least the kid will have grandparents to buy them stuff, LOL

That issue is the only reason I can come up with why gay parents might not be as good for the children as straight parents.
But then, what if the straight parents get drunk in public, or have an affair, or get picked up by the police, have family fights etc... Couldnt these things cause the child problems in school too?
I dont think someone needs to be gay, or approve of gay marriage to understand that the problems might be different, but just as real and just as potentially damaging to the child with either type of family situation.
At least the kid will have grandparents to buy them stuff, LOL

Like kids of gay people wont have grand parents? You mean those gay people were not born and don't have arents?

There have been studies that have shown that the children of gay parents have a slightly higher anxiety level. Its been attributed to that teasing and ridicule from other students. In cultures where gay parents aren't that big a deal, the anxiety levels don't exist.

Oh Christ! This is really stupid. If this were to happen the state would simply say "no" State law (still) prohibits siblings -same or opposite sex - from marrying. The siblings could then brink it to court the same way that gay couples did. The state would than have to present-at minimum- a rational basis for maintaining that law, and they probably could ( Unlike with gay marriage) Got it?

What would that minimum rational basis be?

Try

I really don't know and don't intend to get into that. It's just a red herring,. I described the process, that's all. The point is that siblings would not and do not have the right to marry,

It was your claim.

Yes- homosexuals want to be treated legally equally under the law- treated just as my wife and I are treated.

And that means including adopting children abandoned by their straight biological parents.

Judges are public employees.

What next? They don't like Jews so they refuse to marry a Jew on religious grounds?
Or maybe their Bible tells them they can't be marrying blacks and whites.
Or...maybe they should suck it up, do their job like any of the rest of us who serve the public have to and be thankful others can now enjoy the same benefits of marriage that he can.

Funny thing about "religious" grounds - there isn't a damn thing in the scriptures about same-sex marriage.
Jude 1:7 Likewise, Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities near them, which like them committed sexual sins and pursued homosexual activities, serve as an example of the punishment of eternal fire.

1 Corinthians 6:9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men

Leviticus 20:13 "'If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

Genesis 19:4Before they could lie down, all the men of Sodom and its outskirts, both young and old, surrounded the house. 5They called out to Lot and asked, “Where are the men who came to visit you tonight? Bring them out to us so we can have sex wit them!”

Genesis 19:23The sun had risen over the land about the time Lot reached Zoar. 24Then the LORD rained sulfur and fire out of the sky from the LORD on Sodom and Gomorrah, 25overthrowing those cities, all of the plain, and everyone who lived in the cities. He also destroyed the plants that grew out of the ground. 26But Lot’s wife looked back as she lingered behind him, and she became a pillar of salt.

Do you really believe that punishment for this country wont be forthcoming?

Of course not- because Paul tells us that authorities are annointed by God

1 Respect for Authority Everyone must submit to governing authorities. For all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God.

2 So anyone who rebels against authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and they will be punished.

3 For the authorities do not strike fear in people who are doing right, but in those who are doing wrong. Would you like to live without fear of the authorities? Do what is right, and they will honor you.

4 The authorities are God’s servants, sent for your good. But if you are doing wrong, of course you should be afraid, for they have the power to punish you. They are God’s servants, sent for the very purpose of punishing those who do what is wrong.

5 So you must submit to them, not only to avoid punishment, but also to keep a clear conscience.

6 Pay your taxes, too, for these same reasons. For government workers need to be paid. They are serving God in what they do.

Like kids of gay people wont have grand parents? You mean those gay people were not born and don't have arents?

Yes, gay people were born of a mother and a father. They always are and always have been...always will be...

But I could see a situation 3 or 4 generations from now where men raising boys together and completely passing on a whole tradition of "females don't matter outside their womb...rendering entire families all-male, all gay men & boys once they are enticed sexually. Not a single matriarch in the line...outside womb-service.

Basically this judge could decline to marry gays not just from religious grounds, but from extremely sound legal grounds. The Opinion issued June 26, 2015, according to the standard set in 2009 Caperton v Massey Coal isn't worth the paper it's written on. As it stands with two votes omitted from the decision, the actual decision went the other direction. 4-3 in favor of returning the question of gay marriage to the states where it has always been.

Once again- that is just your whacky legal theory- and if this judge followed it, he would risk removal of office and disabarment- but you would be okay with that.

Bullshit. They aren't looking for jaded teens and preteens being cycled through the system, they want a baby like everyone else. They want to create a domestic structure that's inferior to what every child needs and deserves and then subject an innocent child to it..

Really?
Andrew-Daniels-David-Upjo-008.jpg

Gay foster carers I love every minute of it Life and style The Guardian

A couple of months after Luke joined the household, the couple were asked to take Steven, who was five and had cerebral palsy and learning difficulties. They have looked after the three boys ever since. Two years ago, they adopted a little girl. Sadly, she wasn't well and didn't live long.

"We had 17 wonderful months," says David. "She was three when she died. It was just 10 days after the adoption was completed, and it was very sudden, so … we haven't gone down that road again," he adds, choosing his words carefully to describe what must have been a devastating experience.

The latest addition to the household arrived earlier this year. Three-year-old Emma is immobile, has limited vision and breathes via a tracheotomy, but appears to be thriving in their care.

Two children- abandoned by their biological parents- taken in by a loving couple- who happens to be gay.

But maybe you think that gays should only be allowed to adopt the children not only abandoned by their heterosexual parents- but also refused by every heterosexual couple- you know- the kids not good enough for straight couples.

Yes, gay people were born of a mother and a father. They always are and always have been...always will be...

But I could see a situation 3 or 4 generations from now where men raising boys together and completely passing on a whole tradition of "females don't matter outside their womb...rendering entire families all-male, all gay men & boys once they are enticed sexually. Not a single matriarch in the line...outside womb-service.
It is the height of stupidity to think that children of gay men are any more likely to be gay than any other children. They may me more open and in touch with their sexuality and if they are gay will be more comfortable in coming out, but that is not the same being "enticed sexually" Where do you get this equine excrement from. And why do you assume that gay men will only raise boys. Just more stupidity.

Oh look, two gay dudes with two mentally retarded adolescent boys. I suppose the boys could perform simple tasks to help out with the family..

What the hell is that supposed to mean? These two men have repeatedly fostered- and adopted children abandoned by their biological parents- and brought them into their lives- and watched several of them die.

Do you really hate gay men that much- that you mock the handicapped children that they adopt?

A couple of months after Luke joined the household, the couple were asked to take Steven, who was five and had cerebral palsy and learning difficulties. They have looked after the three boys ever since. Two years ago, they adopted a little girl. Sadly, she wasn't well and didn't live long.

"We had 17 wonderful months," says David. "She was three when she died. It was just 10 days after the adoption was completed, and it was very sudden, so … we haven't gone down that road again," he adds, choosing his words carefully to describe what must have been a devastating experience.

The latest addition to the household arrived earlier this year. Three-year-old Emma is immobile, has limited vision and breathes via a tracheotomy, but appears to be thriving in their care.

"She's making huge progress," says Andrew. "She was in a place in Surrey, where she had lots of different people working with her. She couldn't make connections with people. Now she just has two voices that she hears all the time – the same people caring for her. And we have the luxury of spending time with her.

Oh look, two gay dudes with two mentally retarded adolescent boys. I suppose the boys could perform simple tasks to help out with the family..

What the hell is that supposed to mean? These two men have repeatedly fostered- and adopted children abandoned by their biological parents- and brought them into their lives- and watched several of them die.

Do you really hate gay men that much- that you mock the handicapped children that they adopt?

"She's making huge progress," says Andrew. "She was in a place in Surrey, where she had lots of different people working with her. She couldn't make connections with people. Now she just has two voices that she hears all the time – the same people caring for her. And we have the luxury of spending time with her.

Silhouette is just pathetically ridiculous and hateful Just ignore it and maybe it will slink away and crawl back under it's rock

What next? They don't like Jews so they refuse to marry a Jew on religious grounds?
Or...maybe they should suck it up, do their job like any of the rest of us who serve the public have to and be thankful others can now enjoy the same benefits of marriage that he can.

Funny thing about "religious" grounds - there isn't a damn thing in the scriptures about same-sex marriage.
Jude 1:7 Likewise, Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities near them, which like them committed sexual sins and pursued homosexual activities, serve as an example of the punishment of eternal fire.

1 Corinthians 6:9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men

Leviticus 20:13 "'If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

Genesis 19:4Before they could lie down, all the men of Sodom and its outskirts, both young and old, surrounded the house. 5They called out to Lot and asked, “Where are the men who came to visit you tonight? Bring them out to us so we can have sex wit them!”

Genesis 19:23The sun had risen over the land about the time Lot reached Zoar. 24Then the LORD rained sulfur and fire out of the sky from the LORD on Sodom and Gomorrah, 25overthrowing those cities, all of the plain, and everyone who lived in the cities. He also destroyed the plants that grew out of the ground. 26But Lot’s wife looked back as she lingered behind him, and she became a pillar of salt.

1 Respect for Authority Everyone must submit to governing authorities. For all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God.

2 So anyone who rebels against authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and they will be punished.

3 For the authorities do not strike fear in people who are doing right, but in those who are doing wrong. Would you like to live without fear of the authorities? Do what is right, and they will honor you.

4 The authorities are God’s servants, sent for your good. But if you are doing wrong, of course you should be afraid, for they have the power to punish you. They are God’s servants, sent for the very purpose of punishing those who do what is wrong.

5 So you must submit to them, not only to avoid punishment, but also to keep a clear conscience.

6 Pay your taxes, too, for these same reasons. For government workers need to be paid. They are serving God in what they do.
1.The powers that be are ordained of God. The order of magistracy is of God; it is of his ordination and appointment, and of his ordering, disposing, and fixing in its proper bounds and limits. The several forms of government are of human will and pleasure; but government itself is an order of God. There may be men in power who assume it of themselves, and are of themselves, and not of God; and others that abuse the power that is lodged in them; who, though they are by divine permission, yet not of God's approbation and good will. And it is observable, that the apostle speaks of powers, and not persons, at least, not of persons, but under the name of powers, to show that he means not this, or the other particular prince or magistrate, but the thing itself, the office and dignity of magistracy itself; for there may be some persons, who may of themselves usurp this office, or exercise it in a very illegal way, who are not of God, nor to be subject to by men. The apostle here both uses the language, and speaks the sentiments of his countrymen the Jews, who are wont to call magistrates, "powers"; hence those sayings were used among them;

2.resisteth the ordinance of God, the will and appointment of God, whose pleasure it is that there should be such an office, and that men should be subject to it. This is not to be understood, as if magistrates were above the laws, and had a lawless power to do as they will without opposition; for they are under the law, and liable to the penalty of it, in case of disobedience, as others; and when they make their own will a law, or exercise a lawless tyrannical power, in defiance of the laws of God, and of the land, to the endangering of the lives, liberties, and properties of subjects, they may be resisted, as Saul was by the people of Israel, when he would have took away the life of Jonathan for the breach of an arbitrary law of his own, and that too without the knowledge of it, 1 Samuel 14:45; but the apostle is speaking of resisting magistrates in the right discharge of their office, and in the exercise of legal power and authority:

3.The Jews have a saying, "that a governor that injects more fear into the people, than is for the honour of God, shall be punished, and shall not see his son a disciple of a wise man.'' But to the evil; to wicked men, who make no conscience of doing hurt to their fellow creatures, by abusing their persons, defrauding them of their substance, and by various illicit methods doing damage to them; to such, rulers are, and ought to be terrors; such are to be menaced, and threatened with inflicting upon them the penalty of the laws they break; and which ought to be inflicted on them by way of punishment to them, and for the terror of others. R. Chanina, the Sagan of the priests, used to say, "pray for the peace of the kingdom, for if there was no "fear", (i.e. a magistrate to inject fear,) one man would devour another alive.'' Wilt thou not then be afraid of the power? of the civil magistrate, in power and authority, to oppose him, to refuse subjection to him, to break the laws, which, according to his office, he is to put in execution. Do that which is good: in a civil sense, between man and man, by complying with the laws of the land, which are not contrary to the laws of God.

We are not to blindly submit to man's laws, if they go against the laws of God.

We are not to blindly submit to man's laws, if they go against the laws of God.

But Paul was very, very clear- man's laws are God's laws.

Forum List

Back