Judge blocks parts of Arizona immigration law

I'm going to repeat ths issue of war on brown people, once more, if this law was a meant to single out a people based on race then they would not have go so far as to make it a crime to profile on race by state officers. What I find sad about this, is where is all this support for all the brown people who are taken advantage of daily here and elsewhere and die yearly trying to get here and sometimes at the hands of the same scum that they have to pay to get here. If anyone is exploiting these poor people it's the cartels that take advantage of them and those that employ them for cheap labor. No, laws like the one Arizona has tried to put into place at least would have been a step in the right direction of actually protecting these poor peoples who want nothing more than to come here and make a better life for themselves free from being exploited. One thing more, all those that did the hard work needed to become citizen of this nation, brown, black white, of all colors, those that stood in line, waited and went through a broken system legally, to simply look at Arizona and call this a war on brown people is to insult those people that have done that work to actually become citizens. As rightly pointed out, this is not a war on brown people its attempt to address an issue that the Federal has long ignored.

Last edited:
Former University of Maryland pharmacologist Clinton B. McCracken has been deported to his native Canada, ending more than three months of limbo since he pleaded guilty in March to growing marijuana.

"I am thrilled he's back home," said his lawyer, David B. Irwin. He said McCracken, 33, was transported north June 29, 17 days after immigration authorities picked him up in Baltimore and sent him to a detention center in York, Pa.
Former UM pharmacologist deported to Canada - Baltimore Sun

The fact is Arizona does not border Canada it borders Mexico and the vast majority of illegal immigration is from that nation again this is not a war on brown people it is a matter of enforcing law and creating a system that works for everyone.

the bill is basically useless now.

Not quite. They allowed the restriction on a government official telling an officer not to enforce the law. In other words, If a gub'ment official tells you not to do your job, you can refuse that order and do it anyway.

Basically, Arizona is trying to make the gub'ment do its job but with the help of the Clinton appointed judge, the gub'ment is officially refusing to do so.

The Governor is ready to take it to the supreme court.

It also doesn't hinder Sherriff Joe from going out tomorrow and rounding them up...like he's been doing.

hey half nickel brain....see post 89 if you want to actually discuss issues and not jizz your spam all over the place

Half nickel brain?

Who said ..."obama's daughters are whores" 7/16/10 Yurt.

A half nickel brain?

ah....still lying about context...you know full well i said that to make fun of dante and show that making fun of politicians families is stupid, especially calling them whores...but do continue half nickel brain....btw...other democrats on this site repped me because of your lies about what i said....you're not fooling anyone and you and truthmattesr are the only hacks trying to peddle that bullshit

..."obama's daughters are whores" 7/16/10 Yurt.

There is a rumor going around that you lied about being a lawyer......true?

By the way 1070 supporters and racist assholes .....neener neener. I told you this thing wouldn't go through and if it does, it will bankrupt this state.

You call other racist as you rejoice that illegal alians are still advailable to be exploited for there cheap labor.

Those illegal "ALIANS" can be drawn out by their atrocious spelling? :eusa_whistle: By the way, there is a law on the books that says we cannot hire illegals, yet over 50% of businesses here hire them. They applaud Sheriff Joe for "rounding" up the illegals, yet he never busts the owners. Rarely not never...I can think of once.

Not too many owners in his jail. Bet they are mostly white. I've seen his tent city on tv full of black and brown. Opps

Half nickel brain?

Who said ..."obama's daughters are whores" 7/16/10 Yurt.

A half nickel brain?

ah....still lying about context...you know full well i said that to make fun of dante and show that making fun of politicians families is stupid, especially calling them whores...but do continue half nickel brain....btw...other democrats on this site repped me because of your lies about what i said....you're not fooling anyone and you and truthmattesr are the only hacks trying to peddle that bullshit

..."obama's daughters are whores" 7/16/10 Yurt.

There is a rumor going around that you lied about being a lawyer......true?

:lol:

another obsessed fan....are you legion troll?

Another activist decision.... :banghead:

is an activist decision anything you don't agree with?

Perhaps Congress will get off their behinds and come up with a comprehensive immigration bill. If the GOP gains the house next year, they should come up with something....but probably not.

This law was doomed from the start. The Supreme Courts has consistently said immigration issues are under federal jurisdiction. The Governor's statement, "its a bump in the road" is as delusional as the entertainment duo Lushbaugh and Beck.

Perhaps Congress will get off their behinds and come up with a comprehensive immigration bill. If the GOP gains the house next year, they should come up with something....but probably not.

This law was doomed from the start. The Supreme Courts has consistently said immigration issues are under federal jurisdiction. The Governor's statement, "its a bump in the road" is as delusional as the entertainment duo Lushbaugh and Beck.

There is a good deal of confusion here.

Immigration policies and many related matters are Federal legislative concerns. But as was clearly posted here just yesterday, it has also long been clear that enforcement of such federal laws is a legitimate component of STATE law enforcement. The Temporary Injunction has no valid, rational, constitutional basis. It was decided erroneously. Although it should be quickly dissolved, I don't believe that the federal judiciary will necessarily do what should be done legally. We'll find out soon enough.

That said, I happen to favor a ground up overhaul of the US's Immigrations policies and laws. Open us up to qualified, skilled, educated, productive people from all areas of the globe. Figure out a way of doing it that doesn't have a basis in any racism. Figure out a way that entails securing our borders. But get down to it and get it done.

By contrast, our nation is doing none of the above.

Why would any sovereign state just willy nillly open its borders to anybody who can illegally sneak in? It's a recipe for doom. It's beyond just stupid. It's insane.

On what Constitutional basis did this judge "decide," even temporarily, that a sovereign state has no authority or power to get information from suspects concerning the legality of their very presence in this country and within the borders of that sovereign state? By what Constitutional authority can a federal judge prohibit a state from acting to (a) enforce the law and (b) protect its citizens?

funny how the faux outrage was almost non existant under Bush, now Obama is deporting more than Bush but my faux outrage meter is off the charts. thanks guys

There is a good deal of confusion here.

Immigration policies and many related matters are Federal legislative concerns. But as was clearly posted here just yesterday, it has also long been clear that enforcement of such federal laws is a legitimate component of STATE law enforcement. The Temporary Injunction has no valid, rational, constitutional basis. It was decided erroneously. Although it should be quickly dissolved, I don't believe that the federal judiciary will necessarily do what should be done legally. We'll find out soon enough.

That said, I happen to favor a ground up overhaul of the US's Immigrations policies and laws. Open us up to qualified, skilled, educated, productive people from all areas of the globe. Figure out a way of doing it that doesn't have a basis in any racism. Figure out a way that entails securing our borders. But get down to it and get it done.

By contrast, our nation is doing none of the above.

Why would any sovereign state just willy nillly open its borders to anybody who can illegally sneak in? It's a recipe for doom. It's beyond just stupid. It's insane.

On what Constitutional basis did this judge "decide," even temporarily, that a sovereign state has no authority or power to get information from suspects concerning the legality of their very presence in this country and within the borders of that sovereign state? By what Constitutional authority can a federal judge prohibit a state from acting to (a) enforce the law and (b) protect its citizens?

IF this law is "doomed," it is not because of any alleged impropriety in the law. IF this law is doomed it is entirely because the federal judicial system has abdicated its duty.

funny how the faux outrage was almost non existant under Bush, now Obama is deporting more than Bush but my faux outrage meter is off the charts. thanks guys

Your fictional "facts" are (not surprisingly) unsupported. That is pretty much unavoidable, of course. How could you possibly "footnote" a made-up "fact" which is created out of thin air as you compose a post?

Oh, and there's no faux outrage, either. Many of us were quite vocal about immigration and open-border issues during the Bush Administration. Many of us were openly critical of President Bush on that front at that time. Your contention that the "outrage" was non-existent at that time is flatly false.

Last edited:
Yes. And we have that little unemployment/deficit problem now. Our hospitality has expired. Guests who overstay their welcome, like fish, start to stink after a while.

Not too many owners in his jail. Bet they are mostly white. I've seen his tent city on tv full of black and brown. Opps

REALLY?
pinkjailboxers.jpg

Good that you were against it under Bush, so was I.
Let's deport them all. Want to see an increase in the bottom half's standard of living and boost to the economy in general. Exponentially increase deportations, how about a lottery $25,000 per illegal deported drop them off at the Southern Mexico boarder. 25G is after expenses

ATTENTION ALL ILLEGAL ALIENS.

You came here illegally right from the very start. Your continued (ongoing) presence here is illegal for that reason. Your illegal behavior offends us.

You are therefore being put on notice that you are required to go home.

You have our permission to consider us rude. Frankly, we don't give a damn about your sensitivity.

Leave. Pack your bags and your family's bags. Then, being sure to be quick about it, get out.

Your failure to comply with this command will result in adverse consequences to you including, but not limited to, your immediate arrest, prolonged detention, forfeiture of every asset in your possession and, ultimately, your forced departure.

Things can get very uncomfortable for you very quickly. Why not avoid all that unpleasantness? Do the smart thing, for a refreshing change of pace. Leave, under your own steam, immediately.

We'll all be happier for it.

Forum List

Back