Juan Soto: The Human Wildcat

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
On the late afternoon of Jan. 10, 1871, Juan Soto and two other bandidos rode north out of San Jose on the old Stockton road, which led up into the Livermore Valley. Two hours later they dismounted at Scott’s Corners in the Sunol Valley (near the present-day intersection of I-680 and Vallecitos Road) and hitched their horses outside Thomas Scott’s store and trading post. Scott, his wife and two young sons lived in rooms behind the store. At that hour they were warming themselves by the fire in the company of store clerk Otto Ludovisi and two visitors.

Hearing a knock at the door, Ludovisi rose to answer. It was a bearded Californio, booted and spurred, wearing a wide-brimmed dark hat. The man purchased a bottle of whiskey and left. Ten minutes later there was another knock, and Ludovisi again opened the door. This time in stepped Juan Soto and his two compadres, six-guns in hand, bandannas concealing their faces.

“Get out of here!” a terrified Ludovisi shouted. “Get out of here!”

“Say nothing! Say nothing!” one of the bandidos ordered. Then, without provocation, he raised his pistol and fired. That gunshot signaled the beginning of the end for one of California’s most notorious outlaws, who soon met his own fate during a shootout with a fearless lawman.
Juan Soto: The Human Wildcat | HistoryNet

I have never heard of this guy before.

His speed and ferocious anger towards the white people that had taken over the land.

Americanos generally rolled over inferior Banditos! That is why Frito Lay made the song Frito Bandito. They are violent savages, but have not chance against Western man before parasites destroyed Western man.

On the late afternoon of Jan. 10, 1871, Juan Soto and two other bandidos rode north out of San Jose on the old Stockton road, which led up into the Livermore Valley. Two hours later they dismounted at Scott’s Corners in the Sunol Valley (near the present-day intersection of I-680 and Vallecitos Road) and hitched their horses outside Thomas Scott’s store and trading post. Scott, his wife and two young sons lived in rooms behind the store. At that hour they were warming themselves by the fire in the company of store clerk Otto Ludovisi and two visitors.

Hearing a knock at the door, Ludovisi rose to answer. It was a bearded Californio, booted and spurred, wearing a wide-brimmed dark hat. The man purchased a bottle of whiskey and left. Ten minutes later there was another knock, and Ludovisi again opened the door. This time in stepped Juan Soto and his two compadres, six-guns in hand, bandannas concealing their faces.

“Say nothing! Say nothing!” one of the bandidos ordered. Then, without provocation, he raised his pistol and fired. That gunshot signaled the beginning of the end for one of California’s most notorious outlaws, who soon met his own fate during a shootout with a fearless lawman.

Neither have I. 1871 was of course after the Gold Rush; before the Gold Rush there wasn't much of a Mexican population there, probably not even a couple of thousand, so obviously he was just another whining antifa.

Neither have I. 1871 was of course after the Gold Rush; before the Gold Rush there wasn't much of a Mexican population there, probably not even a couple of thousand, so obviously he was just another whining antifa.
He came from pioneer stock: His grandfather Ignacio Soto had journeyed to California with the 1776 Juan Bautista de Anza expedition. He also came from bandit stock—his maternal uncle Sebastian Flores was a notorious California brigand and a member of the Francisco Garcia gang of robbers in the 1850s.

He came from pioneer stock: His grandfather Ignacio Soto had journeyed to California with the 1776 Juan Bautista de Anza expedition. He also came from bandit stock—his maternal uncle Sebastian Flores was a notorious California brigand and a member of the Francisco Garcia gang of robbers in the 1850s.

That sounds right; most Mexicans wouldn't have been caught dead north of Tampico, most settlements were soldiers assigned to southwestern forts and Catholic missions were mostly converted natives and slaves, which is why the Mexican government relied on trying to attract European colonists in a bid to hold to the territories, like the Austin colonies and the assorted French and German colonies. Los Angeles had a population of around 300 or so, San Francisco about 150. Santa Fe was larger, because of the silver mines, but they were abandoned for cattle ranching after they managed to starve most of their slaves to death and the rest ran away over time. The Rio Grand Valley had some, it was good farming country. Apaches and other raiders ruled most of the rest of the border country and north, where the Sioux took over as the main tribes.

Other than that, not much of in they way of settlements, with massive land grants with small populations scattered around. John Fremont recruited Mexican miners from Mexico to mine his claims for the most part; he also was one of the first to use 'hydraulic mining' on his claims, by the way, washing away entire hills and mountain sides , making his substantial fortune there. Most of the '49'ers' came from overseas, Peru, Chile, other South American states, Australia, England, and other European regions, around two-thirds or more, or so I've read.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back