Joseph McCarthy Was Right in Most Cases

It wasn’t just suspected Communists but suspected homosexuals that had their lives ruined. All on little evidence other than a Jewish name or rumors

Surely you can cite at least one example of this, right? Name one.

Here you go.....
And don’t call me Shirley

Lavender scare - Wikipedia

Umm, I didn't see a single example in your linked article of anyone whom McCarthy falsely accused of being a homosexual and who then had their life ruined because of it. Did you read the article or just skim over it?

Furthermore, the justified and verified fear that homosexuals were vulnerable to blackmail and compromise by foreign security services began long before McCarthy and continued long after him. Heck, when I joined the military and had to apply for a security clearance in 1982, one of the questions on the screening form involved homosexual conduct, and if you answered in the affirmative, you were disqualified from obtaining a clearance.
So you lied!

What freedom do you have if you cant have political beliefs or join political parties ?
You can't have a sensitive government job if you join a party that advocates overthrowing the government.

Do you actually believe that should be allowed?

Isnt Macarthyism an assault on the first amendment ?
Nope. No one has a right to a government job in a sensitive position.
So only people with approved political views can get jobs ?
You can't be a member of the Communist Party and get a sensitive government job.
Where does it say that in your constitution ?
It doesn't say anything about driving under the influence in my Constitution either.

LOL!!!! Ah! Okay! Uh-huh! What "riot"?! In other words, since you can't name a single person whom McCarthy ruined with false charges, you have to resort to guilt by an alleged indirect association.

What "riot" "ruined the life of Ms. Hale"?! Hey? Even residents of a very liberal state who knew her became concerned enough about her views that they expressed their concerns to the school, and the school committee concluded she was lying and deserved to be fired. Then, a state commission--again, in one of the most liberal states in the Union--investigated her and found plenty of incriminating evidence against her.

"incriminating evidence" on her "views"? Buddy, you better be careful. When there is a post-Trump reckoning, they might go after the Alt-Right types for their "views" and you've left a lot of incriminating evidence with your pro-Axis postings about WWII.

Shit, whatever Mormon Shithole you live in might decide to offer you up as sacrificial lamb.

Uh, "dude," you have no clue what America is and is not. In America, you are not "free" to join a political party that advocates the overthrow of the U.S. Government and that is financed and controlled by a hostile foreign government. No, you have no "right" to belong to such a party, much less to belong to such a party and also to expect to continue to profit from our economic system. Nope. It doesn't work that way.

Show me in the constitution where it says that? Thanks.

Sorry, man, there is a reason why McCarthyism is considered a pejorative to this very day, and why even Republicans turned on him.

Did you read a single one of the articles that I provide in the OP? I'm guess no.

I know you've already said there's "no point" in reading any evidence that McCarthy was in fact correct most of the time, but if you ever grow up and decide to engage in some critical thinking and do some real research, you'll find plenty of such evidence in the links in my OP

Joe McCarthy would be proud of what we've become

The Patriot Act, TSA, Homeland Security, NSA, and the plain fact that our governance lacks clarity and transparency

We are far less 'free' now, than we've ever been....

We have the largest most intrusive governance in our history

Our 4th is a joke

Given our immense RW love of fascism that's blossomed in recent times, i'd say Senator Joe McCarthy would have a fair shot at the '20

pjimage-45.jpg

New film shows how Trump and Joseph McCarthy exploited the same media weaknesses to gain power

~S~

Isnt Macarthyism an assault on the first amendment ?
You can't be a member of the Communist Party and get a sensitive government job.
It doesn't say anything about driving under the influence in my Constitution either.
But it does mention freedom of speech. Macarthyism is against that.

You can say whatever you like, but that doesn't mean you also get to work in sensitive government positions.

You do have a right to join such political parties, but you don't also have the right to work in sensitive government positions after you do.

If you join a political party that advocates overthrowing the government and that is backed by a hostile foreign power, you could be prosecuted, and/or have your citizenship revoked, and/or deported.

Anyway, I certainly would not want my kids being taught by someone who joined such a party or even watered-down version of such a party.

You're just repeating what you were taught in our bankrupt public school system and what you've heard over the media and seen in Hollywood movies.

McCarthy had no problem with freedom of speech. Can you cite an example where he ever tried to curb someone's legitimate First Amendment rights?

Dalton Trumbo was subpoenaed by HUAC, not by McCarthy, moron. he joined the communist party in 1943.

Larry Parks was blacklisted by HUAC, not Joseph McCarthy, and he admitted to joining the CPUSA.

So far you're batting 0.000

Yeap. The problem is that these liberals simply refuse, utterly refuse, to read the other side of the story, to read any scholarly work that debunks all the myths about McCarthy and what he did and did not do.

You're just repeating what you were taught in our bankrupt public school system and what you've heard over the media and seen in Hollywood movies.

McCarthy had no problem with freedom of speech. Can you cite an example where he ever tried to curb someone's legitimate First Amendment rights?
Tommy is a Brit, but I'm sure the schools he went to are just as fucked up as ours.

Russia now has much more access to politicians than they did back then.

Dalton Trumbo was subpoenaed by HUAC, not by McCarthy, moron. he joined the communist party in 1943.

Larry Parks was blacklisted by HUAC, not Joseph McCarthy, and he admitted to joining the CPUSA.

So far you're batting 0.000

Yeap. The problem is that these liberals simply refuse, utterly refuse, to read the other side of the story, to read any scholarly work that debunks all the myths about McCarthy and what he did and did not do.
McCarthy hates obtained all their knowledge from stuff that was published 50 years ago.

Here's a great interview in 2008 with the late M. Stanton Evans, who was arguably the foremost scholar on Joseph McCarthy in our history. Stanton wrote the massive defense of McCarthy titled Blacklisted By History: The Untold Story of Senator Joe McCarthy and His Fight Against America's Enemies (2007).

Documents Show Joe McCarthy Was Right, Author Says

If you join a political party that advocates overthrowing the government and that is backed by a hostile foreign power, you could be prosecuted, and/or have your citizenship revoked, and/or deported.

really? does that apply to our Congress, who are greased by globalists w/zero allegiance to America too?

Stanton wrote the massive defense of McCarthy titled Blacklisted By History:

what comes around goes around.....

2bwwfj.jpg

~S~

So only people with approved political views can get jobs?

Of course you go to this straw-man extreme. So, tell me, should an American who belongs to and/or totally agrees with ISIS or Al Qaeda or Hamas or Hezbollah get to live and work in America and even get to work sensitive jobs that handle classified information?

There is a wide range of acceptable, non-treasonous political views. But if you stray outside that spectrum, then, no, you have no right to work and live here.

Forum List

Back