Joseph McCarthy Was Right in Most Cases

In other words, you simply do not care about facts, much less honesty. I've asked you several times now to cite a single case to support your claim that some persons had their lives ruined by false charges made by McCarthy. Fisher doesn't qualify in either category: his life was not ruined, and McCarthy's claim was not false--in fact, McCarthy had nothing to do with Fisher's getting fired.

No, but his reputation was publicly slandered by a drunk and closeted homosexual.

Huh? I already refuted this nonsense. Fisher got fired before McCarthy ever said a word about him, and it's not "slander" if it happens to be true. You only skimmed over my reply and didn't read any of the evidence that I presented on Fisher, did you?

If anti-religious bigots like you ever come to power in sufficient numbers, I'm sure people of faith will face many of the same threats and challenges that religious people in China and North Korea face.

Guy, you should be more worried about Evangelicals like Mike Huckabee who think you are a cult than anti-superstition types.

Mike Huckabee campaigned all over the country for Mitt Romney, who is Mormon. Huckabee is also good friends with Senator Mike Lee from Utah, who is also Mormon.

The one thing history shows, you guys are really good at slaughtering each other.

Yes, I'm sure that's what your PRC handlers have told you.

The "so what" is that I'm still waiting for you to cite a single case where a person's life was ruined by false charges made by McCarthy. McCarthy's charges against Kenyon were not only true but were supported by other government entities.

She had every right to believe whatever she wanted. . . . [Bizarre anti-Mormon drivel snipped]

If you belong to a bunch of groups that even the U.S. Attorney General and several government committees have identified as Communist front groups, you have no right to work for the federal government. We're not talking just about what she believed, but about her actions. Did you read the evidence on her Communist activities, or did your PRC handlers tell you to stop reading when you got that far into the reply?

And, again, I know you don't know much about America's laws and government, but under the Constitution you do *not*--again, DO NOT--have the "right" to join a subversive party controlled by a foreign hostile nation, much less the right to join such a party and expect to be able to work in the U.S. Government.

Where does it specifically say that?

Uh, you're the one who says someone has a "right" to belong to the Communist Party and still live and work in America, even work for the government. YOU need to show where the Constitution says you can belong to a subversive, foreign-funded political group and not only stay here and work but even work for the government. I'm saying that no such right exists in the Constitution.

The terrible thing is we let a drunk ruin a lot of people's lives because we were scared. That doesn't reflect well on us.

The terrible thing is that you are delusional and are unwilling to process facts that destroy your fictional version of American history.

I ask you yet again to back up your claim that McCarthy ruined "a lot of people's lives because we were scared." Name one person whose life McCarthy "ruined" with false charges. If your version of McCarthyism really happened, why can't you name one person whose life was ruined by false charges made by McCarthy?

The only people who were "scared" were liberal Democrats and the Communists they had allowed to infiltrate into our government. The only "hysteria" came from liberal Democrats who could not admit that Communists had deeply penetrated our government while they, the Democrats, controlled the White House and Congress for over a decade.

For those who want to read more on the evidence against Dorothy Kenyon, read pp. 346-349 of Evans' book Blacklisted By History, which is available for free online:

Blacklisted by History

Huh? I already refuted this nonsense. Fisher got fired before McCarthy ever said a word about him, and it's not "slander" if it happens to be true. You only skimmed over my reply and didn't read any of the evidence that I presented on Fisher, did you?

Don't have to. After the Army Hearing, Drunken Joe and Limp-wristed Cohn were done. People realized they were frauds after that.

Mike Huckabee campaigned all over the country for Mitt Romney, who is Mormon. Huckabee is also good friends with Senator Mike Lee from Utah, who is also Mormon.

Yes, because the one thing that Evangelicals and Mormons have in common is that you are REALLY FUCKING RACIST and OH MY GOD, THERE WAS A NEGRO IN THE WHITE HOUSE in 2012. But don't think for a moment the Evangelicals like you now. Mitt Romney could have been sacrificing virgins to C'Thulhu to summon the Great Old Ones and Huckabee would have supported him.

Crusades... Inquisitions, Witch burnings...The Thirty Years War... The Mountain Meadow Massacre... did they leave those parts out of history class at Mormon Cult U?

If you belong to a bunch of groups that even the U.S. Attorney General and several government committees have identified as Communist front groups, you have no right to work for the federal government. We're not talking just about what she believed, but about her actions. Did you read the evidence on her Communist activities, or did your PRC handlers tell you to stop reading when you got that far into the reply?

Naw, guy, this was bullshit 70 years ago, when Drunken Joe said it, and it's bullshit now.

The terrible thing is that you are delusional and are unwilling to process facts that destroy your fictional version of American history.

I ask you yet again to back up your claim that McCarthy ruined "a lot of people's lives because we were scared." Name one person whose life McCarthy "ruined" with false charges.

I gave you a whole fucking list... The problem is, you think they "Deserved It", because they don't bend over and take it in the ass from the One Percent like you do.

Don't have to. After the Army Hearing, Drunken Joe and Limp-wristed Cohn were done. People realized they were frauds after that.

So we're back to your refusal to admit being wrong again. Let's just review a few facts. One, the fact that Fisher had belonged to a notorious Communist front organization had been made public by that vicious, right-wing rag named the New York Times before McCarthy ever uttered a word about him. Two, even the demagogue Joseph Welch was persuaded that Fisher needed to be dropped from his firm's team for the Army-McCarthy hearings and sent him back to Boston--once again, before McCarthy had uttered a word about him. Three, McCarthy only decided to bring up Fisher's case after Welch was rudely and dishonestly badgering Roy Cohn during the hearing.

Yes, because the one thing that Evangelicals and Mormons have in common is that you are REALLY RACIST and OH MY GOD, THERE WAS A NEGRO IN THE WHITE HOUSE in 2012. But don't think for a moment the Evangelicals like you now. Mitt Romney could have been sacrificing virgins to C'Thulhu to summon the Great Old Ones and Huckabee would have supported him.

LOL! Uh, huh? Since you were wrong about Mike Huckabee, somehow that means that Mormons and Evangelicals are racists?! In other words, you don't want to admit that, unlike you, Mike Huckabee is not an anti-Mormon bigot. But rather than just admit you were wrong, you go off on a bizarre far-left rant about Mormons and Evangelicals supposedly being racists because most of them didn't vote for Obama.

Crusades... Inquisitions, Witch burnings...The Thirty Years War... The Mountain Meadow Massacre... did they leave those parts out of history class at Mormon Cult U?

LOL and SMH! Leaving aside your ultra-liberal revisionist spin on those events, the death toll from all of those events is only a fraction of the death toll from your hero Mao Tsetung's murderous reign of terror in China.

Naw, guy, this was crap 70 years ago, when Drunken Joe said it, and it's crap now.

Except that nobody disputes the fact that Fisher belonged to the NLG, that even Attorney General Brownell said the NLG was "the legal mouthpiece of the Communist Party," that Welch himself kicked Fisher off his Army-McCarthy team and sent him back to Boston before McCarthy said a word about him, and that the New York Times reported on Fisher's NLG membership long before McCarthy said anything about him.

I ask you yet again to back up your claim that McCarthy ruined "a lot of people's lives because we were scared." Name one person whose life McCarthy "ruined" with false charges.

I gave you a whole list... The problem is, you think they "Deserved It", because they don't bend over and take it in the rear from the One Percent like you do.

Uh, no, it's just that your "whole list" was bogus. You named three people and then threw in the Hollywood Blacklist, the three people being Dorothy Kenyon, Fred Fisher, and Ann Hale. But, as I've already documented, (1) McCarthy had nothing to do with the Hollywood Blacklist (which started before he was in the Senate); (2) McCarthy had nothing to do with Ann Hale's case, which was handled strictly at the state and local level; (3) Kenyon belonged to a long list of Communist front organizations and was identified as a security risk long before McCarthy ever mentioned her; and (4) Fred Fisher, as mentioned, was not falsely accused by McCarthy, and his life was not ruined by being exposed as a former NLG member.

McCarthy was himself in contact with and heavily influenced by a Soviet agent, the Attorney for some of the Nazis at Nuremburg, who was later discovered to be a Soviet agent provocateur, spending his time trying to incite the right wingers to revolt and commit assorted atrocities and sabotage. Also curious is why Fred Koch was never named, noted for his support of such allegedly 'anti-Communist' groups as the John Birchers, after decades of being Stalin's right hand man in developing the Soviet Union's oil industry, which made him a very wealthy man. Considering how few actual Reds along with many innocent people old drunk Joe and his cronies actually named, it would be obvious old drunk Joe was probably a double agent himself, along with the John Birchers. It was a good day for the Right when William Buckley and Goldwater ran those cretins out of the GOP.

Do you loons seriously think Roy Cohn was anything remotely like a 'patriot'???? lol no wonder you're laughed at. And, let's not forget the Democrats' beloved Kennedy Brothers were right at old drunk Joe's side on his witchhunt committee. Kind of makes the far right loons look even stupider dolts than their usual run of drunken ravers.

So we're back to your refusal to admit being wrong again. Let's just review a few facts. One, the fact that Fisher had belonged to a notorious Communist front organization

Uh, this is America.. You have every right to belong to any organization you want. Personally, I'd like to throw a big fence around Utah and turn it into a Cult Deprogramming Camp, but the First Amendment says we can't.

Two, even the demagogue Joseph Welch was persuaded that Fisher needed to be dropped from his firm's team for the Army-McCarthy hearings and sent him back to Boston--once again, before McCarthy had uttered a word about him. Three, McCarthy only decided to bring up Fisher's case after Welch was rudely and dishonestly badgering Roy Cohn during the hearing.

And that's when the whole country realized Drunken Joe was a fraud.

Funny how that worked.

Again, McCarthyism was a shameful period in our history. We let fear rule us... good thing that never happened again

upload_2020-1-31_5-2-32.jpeg

I said, "Good thing that never happened again"...oh, shit... Something we are going to have to be apologizing to future generations of our multi-racial kids.

Except that nobody disputes the fact that Fisher belonged to the NLG,

Which again, he had every right to do. This is America.. You can even belong to a whacky cult started by a kiddy-diddling Con man.

Hey, you know the difference between Joseph Smith and David Koresh? Original and Extra Crispy!

Oh yes, and old drunk Joe was a former New Dealer, but kept losing elections, so he saw some right wing clown show that was winning votes and switched overnight to going for the raving loon vote, and made it to the Senate.

So we're back to your refusal to admit being wrong again. Let's just review a few facts. One, the fact that Fisher had belonged to a notorious Communist front organization

Uh, this is America. You have every right to belong to any organization you want.

We already covered this nonsense. Again, actually, in America, no, you do not have the right to belong to a subversive organization that is funded by a hostile foreign power and is dedicated to overthrowing the U.S. Government. No, you have no right to belong to such an organization and still expect to work for the government and/or to profit from the very economic system that you would destroy if your ilk came to power.

According to your ignorant understanding of America, you have the "right" to join an Al Qaeda, Hamas, Hezbollah, or ISIS branch in America and still work for the government and still enjoy all the benefits of living in America.

Personally, I'd like to throw a big fence around Utah and turn it into a Cult Deprogramming Camp, but the First Amendment says we can't.

Oh, I'm sorry you can't act on your fascist/communist/totalitarian desires here in America. Perhaps you should move to Red China, Cuba, Saudi Arabia, or Iran, where Christian churches of all kinds are either banned or are subjected to persecution, imprisonment, and violence.

Two, even the demagogue Joseph Welch was persuaded that Fisher needed to be dropped from his firm's team for the Army-McCarthy hearings and sent him back to Boston--once again, before McCarthy had uttered a word about him. Three, McCarthy only decided to bring up Fisher's case after Welch was rudely and dishonestly badgering Roy Cohn during the hearing.

And that's when the whole country realized Drunken Joe was a fraud. Funny how that worked.

I know this myth is thoroughly burned into your brain, but it's simply false. Polls done at the time showed that even after the Army-McCarthy hearings, McCarthy still enjoyed substantial public support.

I notice that you still have been unable to name a single person whose life was ruined by false charges made by McCarthy. The few cases you've named were cases where McCarthy either had no involvement or where there was clear evidence of membership in the Communist Party and/or in Communist front groups.

Again, McCarthyism was a shameful period in our history. We let fear rule us... good thing that never happened again.

"Again," this is a left-wing myth. You seem to think that if you just keep repeating myths long enough, somehow that will make them come true.

When McCarthy began to raise concerns about cases of apparent security risks that had not been acted on, Americans were starting to grasp the horrors of communism because of what was happening in Red China, Eastern Europe, the Soviet Union, and Korea. Your North Korean and Red Chinese heroes were killing our soldiers in Korea and trying to impose communism on South Korea. The tens of millions of people in Eastern Europe were being brutalized by Soviet tyranny. Millions of people were being killed in Mao's China.

Americans looked at all these events and decided they did not want communism in America and did not think it was a good thing for Americans to join pro-Communist groups, much less the Communist Party itself. Americans decided they kind of liked free elections, freedom of the press, freedom of religion, etc., and they saw that under Communist rule none of those things were allowed.

Which again, he had every right to do. This is America.

This is indeed America, but there would be no America today if the Communist agents and sympathizers whom you're defending and glorifying had succeeded in their goal of establishing a Soviet-like regime on our soil.

And, "again," no one had "every right" to join a subversive group that was acting as the mouthpiece for the Soviet-funded Communist Party USA, much less to join the Communist Party itself. You know nothing about the Constitution and the original intent of our founding fathers.

Again, using your un-American, alien ideology, you not only have the "right" to join ISIS, or Al Qaeda, or Hamas, or Hezbollah here in America, but you have the "right" to join those groups and still work for the government and still enjoy all the benefits of the very freedoms that those groups are trying to destroy.

Nope, sorry, JoeB Mao, that's not how America works, and it's never been how America works. The First Amendment does not mean you get to join groups that are trying to destroy the very freedoms that you hide behind when people complain about your totalitarian ideology. No one but an anti-American kook like you claims that the First Amendment means you have the right to join the Communist Party or Al Qaeda or Hamas or ISIS and still work for the government and still profit from the very freedoms that your ilk would destroy if they came to power. It doesn't work that way.

Last edited:
We already covered this nonsense. Again, actually, in America, no, you do not have the right to belong to a subversive organization that is funded by a hostile foreign power and is dedicated to overthrowing the U.S. Government. No, you have no right to belong to such an organization and still expect to work for the government and/or to profit from the very economic system that you would destroy if your ilk came to power.

Sure you do. When I was in the National Guard, we had some guys who were in the campus Radical organization at UIC. So every weekend, they'd show up for drill and do their job, and during the week, they'd pretend to go to classes and hand out literature. And when I asked Senior NCO's if they knew about this, they said, "Meh, they do their jobs."

According to your ignorant understanding of America, you have the "right" to join an Al Qaeda, Hamas, Hezbollah, or ISIS branch in America and still work for the government and still enjoy all the benefits of living in America.

Not really the same thing... but according to you, if we impose sanctions on people, they are perfectly justified in attacking us, so I don't see what your problem is, exactly. Oh, wait, that only applies to FASCISTS.

I know this myth is thoroughly burned into your brain, but it's simply false. Polls done at the time showed that even after the Army-McCarthy hearings, McCarthy still enjoyed substantial public support.

Until people had a chance to think about it. Then they realized what a shitty thing we were doing.

A true American HERO! Reminded us of who we were and what we SHOULD stand for.

Nope, sorry, JoeB Mao, that's not how America works, and it's never been how America works. The First Amendment does not mean you get to join groups that are trying to destroy the very freedoms that you hide behind when people complain about your totalitarian ideology. No one but an anti-American kook like you claims that the First Amendment means you have the right to join the Communist Party or Al Qaeda or Hamas or ISIS and still work for the government and still profit from the very freedoms that your ilk would destroy if they came to power. It doesn't work that way.

Uh, there's a difference between a political party, which has appeared on the US Ballot in elections since 1924, and a foreign terrorist organization.

You are allowed to believe whatever you want. You can even believe that Joseph Smith was taking to God and God told him to fuck those little girls.

Uh, this is America.. You have every right to belong to any organization you want. Personally, I'd like to throw a big fence around Utah and turn it into a Cult Deprogramming Camp, but the First Amendment says we can't.

Funny how that worked.

Again, McCarthyism was a shameful period in our history. We let fear rule us... good thing that never happened again

View attachment 303618
I said, "Good thing that never happened again"...oh, shit... Something we are going to have to be apologizing to future generations of our multi-racial kids.

Which again, he had every right to do. This is America.. You can even belong to a whacky cult started by a kiddy-diddling Con man.

Hey, you know the difference between Joseph Smith and David Koresh? Original and Extra Crispy!

OOOPS, Joe Blowhard, the card carrying commie.....

Manhattan Project: The Venona Intercepts

Sure you do. When I was in the National Guard, we had some guys who were in the campus Radical organization at UIC. So every weekend, they'd show up for drill and do their job, and during the week, they'd pretend to go to classes and hand out literature. And when I asked Senior NCO's if they knew about this, they said, "Meh, they do their jobs."

Not really the same thing... but according to you, if we impose sanctions on people, they are perfectly justified in attacking us, so I don't see what your problem is, exactly. Oh, wait, that only applies to FASCISTS.

Until people had a chance to think about it. Then they realized what a shitty thing we were doing.

A true American HERO! Reminded us of who we were and what we SHOULD stand for.

Uh, there's a difference between a political party, which has appeared on the US Ballot in elections since 1924, and a foreign terrorist organization.

You are allowed to believe whatever you want. You can even believe that Joseph Smith was taking to God and God told him to fuck those little girls.

https://www.nsa.gov/Portals/70/docu...cations/publications/coldwar/venona_story.pdf

Again. So what?

We aren't talking about spies that they had in the Manhatten project (although the Soviets were perfectly capable of coming up with the bomb on their own and did)... we are talking about low level figures who had their lives ruined because some time in the 1930's, they went to a Communist meeting to listen.

I suspect that if someone decided that conspiracy nutjobs who think that, oh, I don't know, that Sandy Hook was a false flag and we were going to ruin their lives, you'd be a lot of trouble.

Funny how that worked.

View attachment 303618

Manhattan Project: The Venona Intercepts

Yes, he certainly seems like a real, live Communist. In the Nanking Massacre thread, he even said that Mao Tsetung brought prosperity, stability, and respect to China after he took over--this is the same Mao who murdered over 30 million Chinese and sent over a million others to concentration camps. JoeB131 has also said that it's wrong to "demonize" Joseph Stalin. How do you "demonize" someone who is already a demon? And, as you have seen, he claims that you are entitled to work for the U.S. Government and enjoy the fruits of America even if you belong to a subversive organization, including identified Communist front groups and even the Communist Party USA itself.

Again. So what?

We aren't talking about spies that they had in the Manhatten project (although the Soviets were perfectly capable of coming up with the bomb on their own and did)... we are talking about low level figures who had their lives ruined because some time in the 1930's, they went to a Communist meeting to listen.

I suspect that if someone decided that conspiracy nutjobs who think that, oh, I don't know, that Sandy Hook was a false flag and we were going to ruin their lives, you'd be a lot of trouble.

Under the land lease agreement, the USSR was allowed access to the patent office. I suggest you listen to this.

Yes, he certainly seems like a real, live Communist. In the Nanking Massacre thread, he even said that Mao Tsetung brought prosperity, stability, and respect to China after he took over--this is the same Mao who murdered over 30 million Chinese and sent over a million others to concentration camps. JoeB131 has also said that it's wrong to "demonize" Joseph Stalin. How do you "demonize" someone who is already a demon? And, as you have seen, he claims that you are entitled to work for the U.S. Government and enjoy the fruits of America even if you belong to a subversive organization, including identified Communist front groups and even the Communist Party USA itself.

Uh, guy, there are no Demons, Devils, Angels or Gods...

Mao didn't murder anywhere near 30 million Chinese. Other Chinese probably did murder Japanese and Nationalist collaborators, but sucks to be them, doesn't it?

The point I tried to get across to you was from the Opium War to Mao, you had 100 years of the "Century of Humiliation" where China was abused by unequal treaties, pumped full of opium, and carved up into fiefdoms at the behest of imperial powers.

upload_2020-2-5_4-43-39.jpeg

This is why Mao is reverred by Chinese to this very day, even if they aren't quite so keen on "Communism".

Under the land lease agreement, the USSR was allowed access to the patent office. I suggest you listen to this.

Does it have Chem Trails and Crisis Actors? Man, it's hilarious to watch you babble on about the most obscure agencies being in on the "Vast Lizard Man Trilateralist Conspiracy".

images

As usual, I kick your ass, Joe Blowhard, card carrying commie.

(snicker)

Again. So what?

Joe, you fucking dumbass, the Soviets did not come up with the bomb on their own. The Rosenbergs gave them all the information needed. That's why they were executed.

Um, not really... YOu just come off as a crazy person...

Joe, you fucking dumbass, the Soviets did not come up with the bomb on their own. The Rosenbergs gave them all the information needed. That's why they were executed.

Naw, they were executed because we went crazy for a few years out of fear.

Um, not really... YOu just come off as a crazy person...

Naw, they were executed because we went crazy for a few years out of fear.
Nope. They were Russian spies who gave the secrets of the atomic bomb to Stalin. If anyone in this country ever deserved to be executed for treason, they did.

Forum List

Back