Jon Stewart to Nancy Pelosi: Why didn’t Dems pass a budget when they had the chance?

yes stephie and it has been established that a few conservadems joined the republican filibusters huh?

You see they KNEW it would be a waste of time and that the republicans would NOT let one pass.

Your guy Boehnor said right uo front that was the most important task of the GOP, making Obama lose the next election.

Not jobs like he canpaigned on but political hackery to keep the opposition out of office.

Your guys dont care about the country they only care about the republican party

Poor little, TM...you can't even keep your progressive talking points together. It wasn't John Boehnor who said that it was Mitch McConnell. So were you going to show us an example of a Democratic budget that was filibustered by Republicans?

The reality IS that conservadems joined the republicans in keeping anything from getting done.

Your guys dont want to do the work we sent them to do.

They are instead playing poltics with the American peoples time and money
Keep digging that hole!

Kiss that frog!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4HpOaASy34]Peter Gabriel - Digging In The Dirt - YouTube[/ame]

What does that have to do with Democrats not passing a budget, TM? Show me one instance where Republicans filibustered a Democratic budget? It's hard to filibuster something that doesn't EXIST. Duh?

Entire Senate Republican Caucus Commits To Filibustering Anything Prior To Budget, Tax Cuts

do you not see the word PRIOR in there?

You cannot filibuster a budget anyway, dipshit.

The reality IS that conservadems joined the republicans in keeping anything from getting done.

Well wait a second...is it the fault of the Republicans...or is it the fault of moderate Democrats, TM? Your narrative seems to be changing here. Let me guess...you're slowly coming to the conclusion that you can't argue this topic?

yes stephie and it has been established that a few conservadems joined the republican filibusters huh?

You see they KNEW it would be a waste of time and that the republicans would NOT let one pass.

Your guy Boehnor said right uo front that was the most important task of the GOP, making Obama lose the next election.

Not jobs like he canpaigned on but political hackery to keep the opposition out of office.

Your guys dont care about the country they only care about the republican party

Poor little, TM...you can't even keep your progressive talking points together. It wasn't John Boehnor who said that it was Mitch McConnell. So were you going to show us an example of a Democratic budget that was filibustered by Republicans?

Sorry you are right it was Mitch McConnal.

I keep making that samed mistake.

My appologies.

Now it still means the same thing doesnt it.

What does that have to do with Democrats not passing a budget, TM? Show me one instance where Republicans filibustered a Democratic budget? It's hard to filibuster something that doesn't EXIST. Duh?

Entire Senate Republican Caucus Commits To Filibustering Anything Prior To Budget, Tax Cuts

:lol:
hufferpost

Well wait a second...is it the fault of the Republicans...or is it the fault of moderate Democrats, TM? Your narrative seems to be changing here. Let me guess...you're slowly coming to the conclusion that you can't argue this topic?

The couple of conservative dems ( not moderates) could have done nothing without every single republican could they have?

:lol:
hufferpost

They have more journalistic respect than fox.

Only cons pretend they are not a respected news source

Did you even read that, TM? That was the entire Republican caucus saying they wouldn't vote on any other legislation UNTIL THE DEMOCRATS SUBMITTED A BUDGET! That isn't them saying they would veto a budget...that's them saying GIVE US ONE!!!!

video at site..couldn't bring it over.

SNIP:

posted at 6:02 pm on November 10, 2011 by Tina Korbe
Good question, Mr. Stewart. Nancy Pelosi answers in typical Nancy Pelosi fashion — by saying “Republicans would have filibustered it.” Too bad budgets can’t be filibustered. They require a simple majority in both House and Senate to pass. What’s more: When Democrats did control both houses, they had a supermajority in the Senate. Republicans could have filibustered only with the help of Democrats. No way to pin this one on Republicans — and, yet, Pelosi still tries. Predictable.

Also, did you know Republicans “don’t believe in” Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, clean air, clean water, food safety, public safety and public education? I surely didn’t. Honestly, I’m not even sure what it means to not believe in them — to not acknowledge their existence? To not desire them? If what she’s trying to say is Republicans don’t believe in Big Government, then sure: They’ve seen the inefficacy, the inefficiency, the clumsiness of programs that often do the opposite of what they’re intended to do — and they’d rather empower people to take personal responsibility than to continue to perpetuate dependency. But that’s rather different than not believing in programs that, like it or not, have become part of the political landscape and have to be addressed one way or another.

In fact, let’s talk about the true non-believers, for a second. To judge by their utter inaction on entitlement reform, it seems safer to say Democrats don’t believe The Big Three are headed for insolvency. Either that, or they don’t believe a social safety net is necessary, after all — because they’re willing to risk an entitlement implosion rather than implement intelligent reforms now.

the rest and video at.

Jon Stewart to Nancy Pelosi: Why didn’t Dems pass a budget when they had the chance? « Hot Air

face facts

They have more journalistic respect than fox.

Only cons pretend they are not a respected news source

Please, TM...The Huffington Post is not a respected news source any more than MSNBC is. They are a hyper-partisan news source. If you want to be taken seriously don't use them as a source.

SNIP:

Good question, Mr. Stewart. Nancy Pelosi answers in typical Nancy Pelosi fashion — by saying “Republicans would have filibustered it.” Too bad budgets can’t be filibustered. They require a simple majority in both House and Senate to pass. What’s more: When Democrats did control both houses, they had a supermajority in the Senate. Republicans could have filibustered only with the help of Democrats. No way to pin this one on Republicans — and, yet, Pelosi still tries. Predictable.

Also, did you know Republicans “don’t believe in” Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, clean air, clean water, food safety, public safety and public education? I surely didn’t. Honestly, I’m not even sure what it means to not believe in them — to not acknowledge their existence? To not desire them? If what she’s trying to say is Republicans don’t believe in Big Government, then sure: They’ve seen the inefficacy, the inefficiency, the clumsiness of programs that often do the opposite of what they’re intended to do — and they’d rather empower people to take personal responsibility than to continue to perpetuate dependency. But that’s rather different than not believing in programs that, like it or not, have become part of the political landscape and have to be addressed one way or another.

In fact, let’s talk about the true non-believers, for a second. To judge by their utter inaction on entitlement reform, it seems safer to say Democrats don’t believe The Big Three are headed for insolvency. Either that, or they don’t believe a social safety net is necessary, after all — because they’re willing to risk an entitlement implosion rather than implement intelligent reforms now.

the rest and video at.

Jon Stewart to Nancy Pelosi: Why didn’t Dems pass a budget when they had the chance? « Hot Air

face facts

You PROVED our point...GOOD JOB:clap2::lol:

SNIP:

the rest and video at.

face facts

You PROVED our point...GOOD JOB:clap2::lol:
Odd how that works, isn't it?:lol:

Forum List

Back