Jon Stewart Rips President Obama For Debt Ceiling 'Dealageddon' (VIDEO)

My feelings are all over the map on this one. I've gone from feeling completely betrayed to knowing that they (Dems) were fucked without benefit of lube OR a reach-around. They either capitulated, or the country was screwed, because they were up against terrorists. Yeah, I don't care that Biden backed off. I won't.

In the end, you'll blame the Tea Party, strap on your official 0bama kneepads, and pull his lever in 2012...

Like the good little sheeple he expects you to be...

Sounds familiar? I read this elsewhere...

"In the end, you'll blame the Allies, strap on your official Hitler kneepads, and pull his lever in 1939...

Like the good little sheeple he expects you to be."

Where exactly did you read that?

Please elaborate. This should be good...

In the end, you'll blame the Tea Party, strap on your official 0bama kneepads, and pull his lever in 2012...

Sounds familiar? I read this elsewhere...

"In the end, you'll blame the Allies, strap on your official Hitler kneepads, and pull his lever in 1939...

Like the good little sheeple he expects you to be."

Where exactly did you read that?

Please elaborate. This should be good...

You Liberals lack any sense of humor.

Lighten up Alice.

My feelings are all over the map on this one. I've gone from feeling completely betrayed to knowing that they (Dems) were fucked without benefit of lube OR a reach-around. They either capitulated, or the country was screwed, because they were up against terrorists. Yeah, I don't care that Biden backed off. I won't.

I am beginning to doubt that. I can't see them voting for a Republican, but elections are held in November when the weather is cold and there are errands to run. Obama won on enthusiasm of folks who never bothered before, and he will lose when folks decide to wash their hands of him. 2012 will be determined by who turns out, and given the shoddy way Obama has treated his supporters, not many will.

Also there is the reality that Obama seems to be determined to go negative next election. At least as far as I can see from his actions so far. That just does not bring your guys in, it is meant to keep the other side home. Right now anger at Obama is white hot. The Democrats feeling about Obama is "meh." the election of 2008 had the highest participation ever. The election of 2012 looks like a good reason to stay home.

Yeah, my opinion of the left was far far to high
*too

seriously, you guys are getting your political insites from a comedian.

*insight
*A question needs a "?"

this is really clearing up the Al Frankin thing for me.

*Franken

but hey, if you guys elite Dane Cook or Titus, I'm buying tickets to the rally.

I don't even know where to start with this one...

That's a very good point. Jon can be great but when he gets cornered he then claims "I'm a comedian and come on after a puppet show." Coming on after a puppet show does not allow Jonto lie or be wrong and get away with it just because it's a joke... he seems to think so and I find it to be a huge negitive as to who he is and what he stands for.

When has he lied? I want examples, please. When was he cornered? When was he wrong?

That's a very good point. Jon can be great but when he gets cornered he then claims "I'm a comedian and come on after a puppet show." Coming on after a puppet show does not allow Jonto lie or be wrong and get away with it just because it's a joke... he seems to think so and I find it to be a huge negitive as to who he is and what he stands for.

When has he lied? I want examples, please. When was he cornered? When was he wrong?

Why does it matter? He is a liberal comedian, nothing more. With an emphasis on the word comedian.

If you get talking points from him then I really feel for your desperation. Even a broken watch is right twice a day.

Why does it matter? He is a liberal comedian, nothing more. With an emphasis on the word comedian.

If you get talking points from him then I really feel for your desperation. Even a broken watch is right twice a day.

Well, when you accuse someone of lying while being cornered and being "wrong", and then when I ask for the OP to post examples, you backpedal... okay. And as for "talking points", that's the right's territory pretty exclusively. They've even got a manual... Besides, what "talking points" does he throw around. Links please.

Yeah, my opinion of the left was far far to high
*too

seriously, you guys are getting your political insites from a comedian.

*insight
*A question needs a "?"

this is really clearing up the Al Frankin thing for me.

*Franken

but hey, if you guys elite Dane Cook or Titus, I'm buying tickets to the rally.

I don't even know where to start with this one...

typo slams

That's all you got is typo slams. pathetic

it wasn't a question, it was a statement. year in and year out you fools make it clear that comedians are the source of your political education.

And it should have read; elect Dane Cook that was a bad one.

Stewart is a bit of a hysterical wanker. But sometmes he's funny. His act is wearing thin though. He's coming off as a whinly little Liberal turd now. He needs to slow down on all the whining. Him turning on his Hopey Changey One is pretty funny though. :)

Well, when you accuse someone of lying while being cornered and being "wrong", and then when I ask for the OP to post examples, you backpedal... okay. And as for "talking points", that's the right's territory pretty exclusively. They've even got a manual... Besides, what "talking points" does he throw around. Links please.

Back peddling? I've had the same position since the beginning of the thread. He's a comedian. Lol
Like Obama your side seems to hang on his every word. Funny you guys talk shit on Rush or Hannity but when it comes to your entertainers they're suddenly off limits from critiquing. Give me a break. At least our guys don't hide behind "im an entertainer" as an excuse to bloviate. Besides I've been on here a lot since I joined and I don't recall the posters on the right starting threads with "Rush says" lol
The TC is obviously a troll and you fell for it. Hell so did I.

Like Obama your side seems to hang on his every word.

My side? I don't have a side, I am a registered independent. And you know what? Comedian or not, he very often makes more sense than the "real" politicos do on either side. The right is just pissy that they get caught the most in the crosshairs. And I didn't say he was off limits for critique nor did I defend him previously... I was just asking for YOU guys to prove what you posted.

"im an entertainer" as an excuse to bloviate.

Again, please show proof of bloviation. Do you know what that means?

In those clips alone?

The current tax rates were passed by a Democrat controlled house, senate, and presidency - not Bush.

I have never heard a tea party person say they want no government. They want government that operates within a budget of $2.1 trillion.

That's two fairly simple and obvious examples.

Stewart's already demonstrated he's just another unhinged left-wing whackaloon... throw him in the same rubber room with Maddow, Olberman, Shultz, Mahar, etc.

Stewart's already demonstrated he's just another unhinged left-wing whackaloon... throw him in the same rubber room with Maddow, Olberman, Shultz, Mahar, etc.

Yea Stewart is pretty much a whiny little Liberal turd. His act has gotten old. Stewart,Maddcow,and the Thrill up my Leg weirdo are just boring at this point. They've had their noses jammed up Hopey Changey's butthole from day one. So i'm glad he's farting in their faces now. They deserve it. They're moronic dolts.

Stewart is leftwing but he's really not a wingnut. At least he really can be funny as hell where the others are not. And now and then, even within his humor, he finds kernals of truth. And that is REALLY rare with the others named.

My favorite all time Jon Stewart piece:

Can't find the Youtube version, but there's a video clip of the piece here:

Jon Stewart on Energy Independence: "Why didn't it work? Why didn't we do it?" - Hit & Run : Reason Magazine

Stewart is leftwing but he's really not a wingnut. At least he really can be funny as hell where the others are not. And now and then, even within his humor, he finds kernals of truth. And that is REALLY rare with the others named.

Jon Stewart on Energy Independence: "Why didn't it work? Why didn't we do it?" - Hit & Run : Reason Magazine

Did you see his segment with Bill O'Reilly?

Like Obama your side seems to hang on his every word.

My side? I don't have a side, I am a registered independent. And you know what? Comedian or not, he very often makes more sense than the "real" politicos do on either side. The right is just pissy that they get caught the most in the crosshairs. And I didn't say he was off limits for critique nor did I defend him previously... I was just asking for YOU guys to prove what you posted.

"im an entertainer" as an excuse to bloviate.

Again, please show proof of bloviation. Do you know what that means?

It's easy to "make sense" when there are no consequences for your words. That's the luxury of hiding behind "im a comedian first". And of course I know what bloviating means. We do it every day on here.

At 3:43 he admits my very point and then goes on to give further excuses.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwyUdBp-cck&feature=youtube_gdata_player]‪Jon Stewart vs. Chris Wallace on Fox News Sunday - Aired 6/19/2011‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Lyndon B Johnson (Little Bitty Jesus) knew he had lost the election when he admitted he had lost Cronkite.

The left sees Stewart as a latter-day Cronkite,

Need I draw the picture in charcoal for Obama to understand it?

Lyndon B Johnson (Little Bitty Jesus) knew he had lost the election when he admitted he had lost Cronkite.

The left sees Stewart as a latter-day Cronkite,

Need I draw the picture in charcoal for Obama to understand it?

I actually like Stewart more than Cronkite. Cronkite was a classic Liberal Media asshole. Stewart is a comedian. They're both Liberal Media hacks but at least Stewart makes me laugh sometimes. He jammed his nose up the Hopey Changey One's butthole and now he's being farted on. I think it's sweet justice. And funny too.

Did you see his segment with Bill O'Reilly?

Yes I did, and also O'Reilly's segment on Stewart's show. I rated them a draw. Stewart held his own very well with O'Reilly which isn't easy to do. And I can't say that O'Reilly bested him.

Forum List

Back