Jokes/pranks you've played on coworkers

tycho1572

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2016
While I like making people at work smile and laugh, I rarely prank them. I've done it twice in the 11yrs I've been there.
I'll start this off with the last one I did to an ER nurse.

After talking to her in the ER, and knowing she was headed to the lab, I thought I'd have a little fun with making her think she was just talking with my twin brother. lol

I took a shortcut through another dept. to get ahead of her and make it look like I was just getting off an elevator. I knew everything was going great when I saw the confused look on her face as I stepped out of the elevator.

After saying good morning while walking past, I hear.....
Her: hey... wait a minute!
Me:: what's up?
Her: wasn't I just talking to you in the ER?
Me: no... that's where I'm headed now. I've been on the 3rd floor.
Her: I was just talking to you in the ER!
Me: ohhh..no..you must have been talking to my brother.
Her: what!?
Me: my brother works PRN here... we're twins. I thought everyone knew that.
Her: are you kidding me!!?
Me: (now smiling) yes
Her: what!?
Me: I'm just messing with you
Her: holy shit! You had me thinking I was going crazy!
:laugh:

The ER staff laughed when she told them what happened. :)

I started this thread because I need a break from the political stuff. Feel free to share any funny pranks you've played on someone.

animated-smileys-drinking-025.gif

Last edited:
When I was a machinist we used to casually mention we had a mouse problem in the shop in front of the new guy while they were in earshot. In fact we'd make a big deal out of it.

A day or so later we'd stick a marshmallow in the toe of their boot.

Back when I was in the Navy, we had a really nasty prank that we'd play on other people we didn't like. And, it's really easy to do...............all you need is a full mug of coffee that belongs to the prankee, and a couple of drops (really, that is all you need) of hydraulic fluid. 2 drops in a cup of coffee is pretty much undetectable to the average person, but, when they drink it, it will set them up to have the runs for the next couple of hours.

Another good one (best done in a full diner), is to grab one of those coffee creamers and hide it in your hand. With your other hand, you grab a fork and start playing with it, especially around your eyes. With the creamer concealed in your fist, paper side out, put your fist next to your eye, take the fork and stab the creamer paper top, while squeezing the creamer container and screaming. People will think you just put out your own eye.

And...............if you really need some more dirty tricks, I recommend the book "Cruel Tricks for Dear Friends" by Penn and Teller.

Used to be in the military - pranking the new guy was simply a given.

The most common was to send the new guy to get a "yard of flightline" from supply. Easy to do and everyone on the flightline knew about it. Supply would inevitably send them to the support section who would send them to age and on and on. Took an average of an hour or so before they would bump into someone with a heart that would let them in on what was going on.

There is a warning system on C-17 aircraft that tests the audible alarms. One of those was for an APU fire. When siting in the co-pilots seat and a new airman performing some task in the pilots seat (usually ops checking a part or something) I would hit test button and over the loud speaker it would yell "warning APU fire" and then I would damn near fly out of my seat and out the side door. Was always funny to see how long it would take before the new guy would freak out and follow.

The best one we ever did was have one of our guys call the office when we were deployed and pretend to be the flight doc. He was pretty good and the person in question rather gullible - he had him perform a 'flight physical' over the phone. I was sure that he was going to figure it out for himself after he was asked to do 10 pushups and hold the phone over his heart so the 'doc' could check his heart beat but he just kept on rolling. Lasted about 10 minutes before the lot of us just could not hold it in any longer and almost fell on the floor laughing.

Hey FA_Q2, ever send the new airman out to the fantail to check for the stealth aircraft that spied on us, you know, the GU-11's?

How about mail buoy watch? We had a guy we nicknamed "Chowline" (yeah, he was looking for 50 ft of it once), and he stayed out there for 2 hours.

The other time was when I asked an older cleaning woman to push the code blue button. lol
This was a woman who never smiled.

While I was doing a test that involved keeping someone at the switchboard on the phone, I decided to have some fun.
I asked if she could push that button for me when she was cleaning a room....lol
Her: this one?
Me: that's the one

After pushing the button, and hearing the alarm at nurses station, I said....
Me: NO! I was just kidding! QUICK... push the cancel button!
Her: (she's now frantically pushing the wrong button) lol

The switchboard supervisor is laughing at this point, and giving a play by play to the other woman with her.

After pushing the cancel button, and giving me a WTF look, I smiled and told her everything was ok.
Her: I'm going to hurt you!
lol

She smiled every time she saw me after that. :)

I sent a spring-loaded glitter bomb to one of my co-workers before one his big meetings. lol

Back when I was in the Navy, we had a really nasty prank that we'd play on other people we didn't like. And, it's really easy to do...............all you need is a full mug of coffee that belongs to the prankee, and a couple of drops (really, that is all you need) of hydraulic fluid. 2 drops in a cup of coffee is pretty much undetectable to the average person, but, when they drink it, it will set them up to have the runs for the next couple of hours.

Another good one (best done in a full diner), is to grab one of those coffee creamers and hide it in your hand. With your other hand, you grab a fork and start playing with it, especially around your eyes. With the creamer concealed in your fist, paper side out, put your fist next to your eye, take the fork and stab the creamer paper top, while squeezing the creamer container and screaming. People will think you just put out your own eye.

And...............if you really need some more dirty tricks, I recommend the book "Cruel Tricks for Dear Friends" by Penn and Teller.
I'm not good with putting anything in someone's food or drink.

Hey FA_Q2, ever send the new airman out to the fantail to check for the stealth aircraft that spied on us, you know, the GU-11's?

How about mail buoy watch? We had a guy we nicknamed "Chowline" (yeah, he was looking for 50 ft of it once), and he stayed out there for 2 hours.
Nope but I do like the Chowline one. That gave me a good chuckle as soon as I read it, never thought of it before. More fitting for the navy but I am sure we could have fit that one in :D

Forum List

Back