Why is it nearly all patents are issued to MEN??

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Everyone knows why. Women don't have the brains for STEM. They become useless social workers and english teachers while men create wealth and raise our standard of living.

Why Do Women Inventors Hold So Few Patents?

Since 1977, women have quintupled their representation among patent holders, yet they still hold “an extremely small share of patents,” according to a new paper by the Institute for Women’s Policy Research. Four decades ago, 3 percent of all patents listed at least one woman inventor. As of 2010, nearly 19 percent of patents did. Overall, more than 81 percent of patents include no women

Even among filings that include women, fewer than 8 percent of patents list women as the primary inventor. In those cases, the patents are most often for technologies associated with “traditional female roles, such as jewelry and apparel.” Researchers attribute the patent gender gap to a shortage of women in science, technology, engineering, and math fields—and by extension to the dearth of women who earn degrees in these areas, compared with men.

Last edited:
  • Banned
The media cartels have this wackdoodle conspiracy theory about something called a "glass ceiling" that FORCES women to be nurses and teachers!! HAHA

I don't know , but seems to me that men are the inventers and have always been the inventers . Same goes for explorers , what woman was the first to explore and establish some country or continent or island eh ?? I may be wrong but I tell my wife that the woman have pretty much always been the 'Sandwich Makers' for the men that forged ahead and invented stuff like central heating , toilets and good efficient weapons or war. Same goes for the explorers , the women salted the cod and the pork , baked the hardtack and the men went on to discover unknown lands and then to kill all the natives ShootS . :afro:

Everyone knows why. Women don't have the brains for STEM. They become useless social workers and english teachers while men create wealth and raise our standard of living.

Since 1977, women have quintupled their representation among patent holders, yet they still hold “an extremely small share of patents,” according to a new paper by the Institute for Women’s Policy Research. Four decades ago, 3 percent of all patents listed at least one woman inventor. As of 2010, nearly 19 percent of patents did. Overall, more than 81 percent of patents include no women

Even among filings that include women, fewer than 8 percent of patents list women as the primary inventor. In those cases, the patents are most often for technologies associated with “traditional female roles, such as jewelry and apparel.” Researchers attribute the patent gender gap to a shortage of women in science, technology, engineering, and math fields—and by extension to the dearth of women who earn degrees in these areas, compared with men.

The bell curve shows that men have far more 125 iqed members compared to women. Men are just innovators and risk takers that women can never be.

How many decades have our society been pushing women ahead of men and yet this reality hasn't changed.

The media cartels have this wackdoodle conspiracy theory about something called a "glass ceiling" that FORCES women to be nurses and teachers!! HAHA
--------------------------------------------------------- and the women teachers , many public schools are run by women and many of these women teachers and administrators are feminizing young American boys . As contrast , my teachers in the 50s and 60s were mostly men and many of those men were ww2 and korea vets .

Last edited:
Well, at least you put your misogyny out there for everyone to plainly see.

Gets the info out there that you are not worth listening to before we invest any real time trying to bother with you.

Gets the info out there that you are not worth listening to before we invest any real time trying to bother with you.
------------------------ misogyny , hey , put out the list of Great woman explorers . Put out the list of great women inventers . Doubtful but you may have some valuable info FAQ2 !!

How many decades have our society been pushing women ahead of men and yet this reality hasn't changed.

About 5 decades women have been getting affirmative action special treatment and most are still doing useless work. They simply don't have tech brains like men have.

YOU are the one calling for affirmative action special treatment which amounts to persecution of men. Why do you hate men so much.?

I want equal opportunity for all.

YOU are the one calling for affirmative action special treatment which amounts to persecution of men. Why do you hate men so much.?

I want equal opportunity for all.
I am sure that you can find a post somewhere that I advocate for affirmative action. Go ahead and try.

As an English teacher AND past social worker, I disagree that I've done nothing useful. Your measuring stick is warped.

About 5 decades women have been getting affirmative action special treatment and most are still doing useless work. They simply don't have tech brains like men have.
Exploring the Contributions of Modern Women Inventors
Throughout history, and now into the 21st century, famous women inventors have played a vital role in the world of innovation. In fact, women have become increasingly prevalent in the field and are responsible for such momentous advances as windshield wipers, disposable diapers, the first computer language and the Mars Rover.
Famous Women Inventors

There's a lot. You should look. I'm sure you won't.

As an English teacher AND past social worker, I disagree that I've done nothing useful. Your measuring stick is warped.
It was like he was picking on you personally lol..

thanks for the lists , Sacajawea was simply an employee doing her job , in fact she was the wife of the Frenchy . Nurturers and great mothers are sorta like the 'sandwich makers' that i did refer to DWind . --------------------------- that being said , thanks for the lists , i'll check them out . My attitude is not to put women down but i see no need to overlook facts while elevating women or anyone else DWind .

--------------------------------------------------------------------- Good morning OldLady , Teacher and Social worker , [yikes] , look at American society and the state of millennials that live in their parents basements or who ride their skateboards to WalMart to pick up disposable diapers .

Exploring the Contributions of Modern Women Inventors
Throughout history, and now into the 21st century, famous women inventors have played a vital role in the world of innovation. In fact, women have become increasingly prevalent in the field and are responsible for such momentous advances as windshield wipers, disposable diapers, the first computer language and the Mars Rover.
Famous Women Inventors

There's a lot. You should look. I'm sure you won't.
--------------------------------------------------------- this discussion reminds me of a discussion about who invented baseball , basketball , the fire mans helmet or the stoplight . Next up will be the woman that invented the table FORK . Most progress and invention was initiated by men and that statement is in no way a statement of hate towards women . Its simply a statement of fact . But hey , if women can invent and explore , thats ok , let them get to work .

Forum List

Back