John McCain's sons

Wow

Rookie
Jul 10, 2008
Texas
When will Obama's daughters serve in the Mideast?

By Stephen Foley in New York
Monday, 7 April 2008

MATT YORK/AP

John McCain has reacted angrily to media revelations about his youngest son,
Newspapers in the United States have revealed that John McCain's 19-year-old son, Jimmy, has been serving in Iraq, prompting a furious response from the Republican presidential contender's aides after months of effort to keep his son out of the public spotlight.

Mr McCain has repeatedly refused to make political capital from his son's service, despite having put support for the war in Iraq and national security at the heart of his campaign for president. But a tacit pact with the US media has begun to break down, and details are emerging of L/Cpl Jimmy McCain's military service, his childhood interest in war memorabilia and his experiences patrolling Anbar province in Iraq.

L/Cpl McCain has attended few of his father's campaign events and has been introduced at fewer, although he has accompanied him on at least one private visit to meet the family of a serviceman killed in the war.

When Senator McCain visited Iraq last year and shared a Thanksgiving dinner with troops, there was no press coverage of the fact that he was dining with his son and his unit. And he has kept to his code of silence even when pressed by the media. Asked about his son on Fox News recently, he replied: "We really never talk about our sons. We have two sons in the military but we never talk about it, if that's all right. I am so proud of both of them."

Jimmy McCain enlisted in the US Marines two years ago, at an age so young his mother had to fill consent forms for his medical examinations, and spent his Iraq tour in what was by then a largely subdued area, making house-to-house patrols and handing out footballs as gifts to residents.

• Banned
Ummmm....Obama's daughters are 7 and 10.

damn, you're scary.
Ah, Obama did not serve in the Military and his daughters are too young to serve.
Obama has no clue of what it is like to place your life at risk for your country nor have your child fighting in a war!

Obama does not have the experience needed to be Commander and Chief!

Ummmm....Obama's daughters are 7 and 10.

damn, you're scary.

I was thinking the same thing the minute I saw her first sentence.

The fact that McCain's son is serving overseas is something I'm sure he is proud of. I admire the fact he is trying to keep it out of the mainstream media, and not using his son for votes somehow.

All of this has NOTHING to do with Obama's daughters though, so I wondered why she put that in her first sentence. :confused:

Ah, Obama did not serve in the Military and his daughters are too young to serve.
Obama has no clue of what it is like to place your life at risk for your country nor have your child fighting in a war!

Give it a break. That is garbage. I do NOT want Obama as President, but the idiotic attacks with baseless accusations do NOT help.

There is and never has been a requirement for our President to have served in the Military. Nor for his family to have served. I can name at least one former service member in Congress, actually 2, that I would NOT want as President, ( both dems of course).

You and Nomdeplume need to find REAL reasons to attck Obama and his positions.

• Banned
I was thinking the same thing the minute I saw her first sentence.

The fact that McCain's son is serving overseas is something I'm sure he is proud of. I admire the fact he is trying to keep it out of the mainstream media, and not using his son for votes somehow.

All of this has NOTHING to do with Obama's daughters though, so I wondered why she put that in her first sentence. :confused:
Obama talks tough for a chickenhawk because his daughters are too young to serve.
Obama wants to illegally invade an ally, Pakistan, as long as his daughters are not sent there.

Obama is a chickenhawk supreme that has never served his country!

• Banned
Give it a break. That is garbage. I do NOT want Obama as President, but the idiotic attacks with baseless accusations do NOT help.

There is and never has been a requirement for our President to have served in the Military. Nor for his family to have served. I can name at least one former service member in Congress, actually 2, that I would NOT want as President, ( both dems of course).

You and Nomdeplume need to find REAL reasons to attck Obama and his positions.
Sorry, Obama will be attacked just as Bush and our brave soldiers have been attacked for the past 5 years.

If you think that is wrong, go talk to these people that have been slandering our troops and attacking Bush to appease the terrorists.

Obama talks tough for a chickenhawk because his daughters are too young to serve.
Obama wants to illegally invade an ally, Pakistan, as long as his daughters are not sent there.

So I take it you won't be voting for Obama in November?

Our best presidents didn't serve....

use terms properly, though... you know who the chickenhawks are....

Can you say Cheney? Sure I knew you could......

Our Best did not serve? Funny, Washington served. I would say he was THE best. He could have been King if he wanted. If not for him we would not even be a Representitive Republic.

I find this entire thread incomprehensible.... Baby Bush and Cheney created this war of choice....

perhaps if Barbara and Jenna had to go, the ijit wouldn't have been so quick to fight an unnecessary war.

You're right.

That is a point in McCain's favor.

Obama wants to invade Pakistan?

News to me.

How did you arrive at that conclusion?

News to me.

He has stated for the record he wants cross border attacks into Pakistan to deal with the lawless area on the Afghan Border. Knowing while he says it that Pakistan has stated we CAN NOT do so. In other words he does not mind invading an ally.

News to me.

Here are Obama's own words and the reaction to his threats to 1.2 billion Muslims.
Obama is a chickenhawk cowboy that is trying to start World War III.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw2XTC1V4fk&feature=related]YouTube - Obama saying he would attack terrorists in Pakistan[/ame]

Forum List

Back