John McCain's sons

He has stated for the record he wants cross border attacks into Pakistan to deal with the lawless area on the Afghan Border. Knowing while he says it that Pakistan has stated we CAN NOT do so. In other words he does not mind invading an ally.

How is Pakistan an ally? Humor us.

Our best presidents didn't serve....

use terms properly, though... you know who the chickenhawks are....

Can you say Cheney? Sure I knew you could......
You must be joking to compare McCain to Obama, right?

McCain has served his country for 71 years! Hell, he was born in Panama because his Father was stationed there in the Navy.
He has been on the Armed Services committee for over 20 years.
Graduated from the Naval Academy.
McCain served in the Navy for almost 20 years.
McCain flew 23 missions in Vietnam.
He has about 20 service medals.

Obama is a chickenhawk cowboy and McCain is a brave war hero that served his country with distinction and has a son serving in Iraq!

I find this entire thread incomprehensible.... Baby Bush and Cheney created this war of choice....

Yes what a horrible Idea to go to war on your own terms instead of waiting until it is thrust upon you.

Don't get me wrong. I didn't want to invade Iraq, but that does not mean I can not see that there can be logic to going to war on your own terms instead of waiting until was comes to you. In other words fighting a preemptive war. I can think of a couple of other times in our history when a preemptive war might have saved many American lives, and lives over all.

Last edited:
Yes what a horrible Idea to go to war on your own terms instead of waiting until it is thrust upon you.

Don't get me wrong. I didn't want to invade Iraq, but that does not mean I can not see that there can be logic to going to war on your own terms instead of waiting until was comes to you.

Yeah, I used to worry that the mighty Iraqi military would come ashore in NY on Saddam's yacht and throw rocks at us, too.

I find this entire thread incomprehensible.... Baby Bush and Cheney created this war of choice....

perhaps if Barbara and Jenna had to go, the ijit wouldn't have been so quick to fight an unnecessary war.
Here was the main reason for invading Iraq, end what started the Muslim Jihad.
This was the biggest fraud ring in world history and why Liberals hate Bush for ending it.

Oil-for-Food Programme - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Oil-for-Food Programme, established by the United Nations in 1995 (under UN Security Council Resolution 986) and terminated in late 2003, was intended to allow Iraq to sell oil on the world market in exchange for food, medicine, and other humanitarian needs for ordinary Iraqi citizens without allowing Iraq to rebuild its military.

The programme was introduced by United States President Bill Clinton's administration in 1995, as a response to arguments that ordinary Iraqi citizens were inordinately affected by the international economic sanctions aimed at the demilitarisation of Saddam Hussein's Iraq, imposed in the wake of the first Gulf War. The sanctions were discontinued on November 21, 2003 after the U.S. invasion of Iraq, and the humanitarian functions turned over to the Coalition Provisional Authority.

Last edited:
You must be joking to compare McCain to Obama, right?

McCain has served his country for 71 years! Hell, he was born in Panama because his Father was stationed there in the Navy.
He has been on the Armed Services committee for over 20 years.
Graduated from the Naval Academy.
McCain served in the Navy for almost 20 years.
McCain flew 23 missions in Vietnam.
He has about 20 service medals.

Obama is a chickenhawk cowboy and McCain is a brave war hero that served his country with distinction and has a son serving in Iraq!

Looking at wow's importance of military service in Presidential candidates, I deduce that Wow voted for Kerry in 2004.

Here was the main reason for invading Iraq, end what started the Muslim Jihad.
This was the biggest fraud ring in world history and why Liberals hate Bush for ending it.

Oil-for-Food Programme - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Oil-for-Food Programme, established by the United Nations in 1995 (under UN Security Council Resolution 986) and terminated in late 2003, was intended to allow Iraq to sell oil on the world market in exchange for food, medicine, and other humanitarian needs for ordinary Iraqi citizens without allowing Iraq to rebuild its military.

The programme was introduced by United States President Bill Clinton's administration in 1995, as a response to arguments that ordinary Iraqi citizens were inordinately affected by the international economic sanctions aimed at the demilitarisation of Saddam Hussein's Iraq, imposed in the wake of the first Gulf War. The sanctions were discontinued on November 21, 2003 after the U.S. invasion of Iraq, and the humanitarian functions turned over to the Coalition Provisional Authority.

So according to you, we spent hundreds of billions of dollars, sacrificed thousands of our troops, and commited our military to a nation building project just to end a back door deal in which corrupt UN officials were skimming millions?

That's the single most retarded explanation for the justification to invade Iraq.

At least I can look a liberal in the eyes and tell them that our cars run on gas when they say that we only invaded for oil.

So according to you, we spent hundreds of billions of dollars, sacrificed thousands of our troops, and commited our military to a nation building project just to end a back door deal in which corrupt UN officials were skimming millions?

That's the single most retarded explanation for the justification to invade Iraq.

At least I can look a liberal in the eyes and tell them that our cars run on gas when they say that we only invaded for oil.
I know, I almost died laughing when I read his post. There is also a group of wingnuts out there that claim we did it for the children of Iraq.

Oh, yes I did. What war was coming to us, Charles?

It was a general statement Ravi. I am on record repeatedly saying I was never for Invading Iraq. Please do not assume my comment was about Iraq.

I was simply pointing out that at times preemptive war can be better than one that is thrust upon you. WWII would be the best example of this. Many lives could have been saved if we had acted sooner rather than later.

As I was never for invading Iraq, clearly I do not think this idea applied to that war.

We could use the over all war on Terrorism as an example also. Maybe we could have saved some lives if we have taken a proactive approach to going after terrorist sooner, rather than waiting until we were attacked to do anything about it.

So my point was only that sitting around and waiting until you are attacked is not always the best option, sometimes it is just folly.

Last edited:
Looking at wow's importance of military service in Presidential candidates, I deduce that Wow voted for Kerry in 2004.
I'm not sure traveling to Vietnam to pick up a purple heart medal would be qualified as military service. That's why we need to see Kerry's medical and Military records.
When will we get these records? :D

I'm not sure traveling to Vietnam to pick up a purple heart medal would be qualified as military service. That's why we need to see Kerry's medical and Military records.
When will we get these records? :D

Oh so now you're saying that serving in a war zone doesn't really qualify as military service. I'm sure our military members serving in Iraq and Afghanistan would disagree with that.

Way to support the troops! :clap2:

Oh so now you're saying that serving in a war zone doesn't really qualify as military service. I'm sure our military members serving in Iraq and Afghanistan would disagree with that.

Way to support the troops! :clap2:
No, I'm saying I need to see Kerry's military records and medical records before I think he served in Vietnam.
I heard Kerry attack McCain when he was being beaten daily in solitary confinement in North Vietnam.

No, I'm saying I need to see Kerry's military records and medical records before I think he served in Vietnam.

He did serve in Vietnam. Even the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth acknowledge that he was in the service and that he was sent to Vietnam. Are you calling the Swift Boaters a bunch of liars now too? You should just stop with all your anti-military comments.

He did serve in Vietnam. Even the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth acknowledge that he was in the service and that he was sent to Vietnam. Are you calling the Swift Boaters a bunch of liars now too? You should just stop with all your anti-military comments.
Kerry spit on our troops, spit on our country and you defend him?

Why?

Humor you? The only thing funny here is your ignorance.

Well, I'd like to know how a Dictator that won't allow us to pursue our attackers, the ones that we've been told are regrouping and more dangerous than before 9/11, is an ally.

Could it be that they are a SUPERFICIAL ally, because they have nukes and we have no other choice but to suck their dicks?

Kerry spit on our troops, spit on our country and you defend him?

Why?

Oh so what you're saying is that military service really doesn't matter that much when it comes to Presidential candidates. Very well then I agree.

Forum List

Back