John Cougar Mellencamp, 72, Speaks Out for Biden at Concert, Audience Forces Him to Close Show Early

1713311229564.png

~S~

Guy who was popular in the 80s, singing about the Heartland and blue collar life in a small town, preaches to his fanbase that it would be great to vote a candidate who is overwhelmingly more popular in large, urban centers. He is shocked that not only didn't people come there to hear about politics, they don't appreciate him preaching to a candidate who they don't feel a kinship with.

This guy used to have some musical chops, but he is clearly not too bright. Reminds me of that overrated Neil Young.

You want to play at a rally for the candidate of your choice? Go for it, more power to you...

But...

I just paid 100 to 150 bucks per ticket of my hard earned cash for a concert (I didn't... I wouldn't... not for Mellencamp), not a fucking political rally...

Guy who was popular in the 80s, singing about the Heartland and blue collar life in a small town, preaches to his fanbase that it would be great to vote a candidate who is overwhelmingly more popular in large, urban centers. He is shocked that not only didn't people come there to hear about politics, they don't appreciate him preaching to a candidate who they don't feel a kinship with.

This guy used to have some musical chops, but he is clearly not too bright. Reminds me of that overrated Neil Young.
Rich leftists always pretend to care about working class people.

They also see themselves as the "little people". See Leonardo DiCaprio and other leftist celebrities like him.
The harshest public comment was when Ricky Gervais basically suggested Leonardo was a creep. "Even Prince Andrew’s like, ‘Come on mate, you’re nearly 50, son"

That was harsh but probably accurate, no?

81 million votes!

John wasn’t happy his audience didn’t like a rich old man lecturing to them how wonderful another rich old man has been for America and the world.

Uh.

And when John Melonhead shows up at his next concert, he may find an empty audience before he even starts singing. Dizzy chicks found out the hard way, promoting idiocy instead of music.

81 million votes!

John wasn’t happy his audience didn’t like a rich old man lecturing to them how wonderful another rich old man has been for America and the world.

Uh.

That’s sad, I like John mellencamp music…I thought for sure with his rustic upbringing, living in indiana, being a big supporter of farms and farming, I kinda thought he would have been more neutral. Who would have known he was a Republican hating liberal..

Oh well, he’s still a good musician…

I quite agree with the poster above who opined that if had spent good money for a ticket to hear a song-list of Mellencamp oldies........he didn't need to hear Mellencamp's political opinion.
I'd be annoyed too.

Now, if the singer wishes to praise whichever politician he currently supports when not on the performance stage.....well, go for it. 1st Amendment, and all that.

But on stage.....play your guitar, sing, and tell a joke or two. Entertain the audience. It's what entertainers are paid to do.

IMHO

Rich leftists always pretend to care about working class people.
Right wing Trump asslickers such as Lumpy Sean raking in millions a year pretend to care about "working class people" as they lie to them everytime they have a mike shoved in their yaps.

Ever notice that imprint of Trump's ass on Lumpy's face?

Forum List

Back