John McCain breaks with GOP on CIA Director nomination

McRocket

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2018
John McCain has announced on Twitter he does not support Gina Haspel's nomination to lead the CIA.

'I believe Gina Haspel is a patriot who loves our country & has devoted her professional life to its service & defense. However, her role in overseeing the use of torture is disturbing & her refusal to acknowledge torture’s immorality is disqualifying. '

(I don't know how to post tweets intact)

Hear Hear Senator.

Frankly, his vote doesn't matter. He won't be back anyhow due to his failing health. He might be uniquely qualified to speak about the horrors of torture, but that tweet is nothing more than an opinion. Haspel will get by on the bare minimum. She will be our new CIA director.

John McCain has announced on Twitter he does not support Gina Haspel's nomination to lead the CIA.

'I believe Gina Haspel is a patriot who loves our country & has devoted her professional life to its service & defense. However, her role in overseeing the use of torture is disturbing & her refusal to acknowledge torture’s immorality is disqualifying. '

Hear Hear Senator.

How shocking.

I don't believe this stuff anymore....McCain is a drooling vegetable. Somebody else is releasing these memos

I don't believe this stuff anymore....McCain is a drooling vegetable. Somebody else is releasing these memos

BS.

But tk is right.

There are not enough Rs with balls to do the right thing.

Actually, do any of them actually have balls or are they all in trump's desk?

Hear Hear Senator.

How shocking.

Yeah. Like who saw that coming? :laughing0301:

I hope the democrooks lose their asses this November.

It will be nice if the reaper harvests mclame's rotten soul along with that moonbat ginsburg about the same time.

Democrats and McCain will oppose anything and everything Trump says, does, and anyone he appoints or nominates for anything.

Hear Hear Senator.

McCain is a useless f--ck who broke with conservative values years ago and has been doing nothing but protecting the Old Guard GOP for years while holding up anything new and good, ESPECIALLY if it concerns Trump. This is a man now totally blinded by his hate for the man in the Oval Office who dared expose him for the RINO shill he really is.

Gina Haspel is NOT responsible for enhanced interrogations and was powerless to stop them. McCain and his pals in congress had the power to stop them so why didn't they? McCain needs to grow a pair and accept responsibility, he never will because he's a self centered backstabbing douchebag.

Now McCain is going to vote AGAINST Gina for CIA Director after the "dossier" delivery to Comey and his thumbs down on Barry-Care repeal. :102:

The old fraud said straight out now that he didn't have to face us voters in Arizona he was "free" to be a democrat out in the open. He's so offended that Trump didn't call him a "hero" after 40 years of him telling anybody in earshot he wasn't a "hero". Because he always thought he was despite NOT being tortured after his capture when Nathan found out who his daddy was, making anti-war statements, and supposedly turning down an early release offer, which was never verified by Hoa Lo prison officials.

BYo.gif

McCain is a bitter old sick man. He lost, Trump won. I am sorry that he has terminal brain cancer, but the guy was never the hero he pretended to be. He was directly responsible for the deaths of over 100 sailors on the carrier he flew off of. He "accidently" dropped bombs on the deck because he was pissed at having to wait for his turn to take off.

We see the stinkin' quality of the alt right emerge yet again.

What I like about McCain is that he can always make the far right and alt right, enemies of America, just squeal.

I understand why Haspel shredded those files, etc.: to protect the lives of career service people.

I still would vote against her confirmation if I were in the Senate.

Forum List

Back