McCain presses Gina Haspel on her role in agency's torture program...

aaronleland

Diamond Member
May 19, 2012
John McCain presses CIA director nominee Gina Haspel on role in agency's torture program

Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., is asking Gina Haspel, President Trump’s nominee to lead the CIA, to explain her involvement in the spy agency’s enhanced interrogation program.

Trump announced his plan to nominate Haspel, the CIA’s current deputy director, this month to replace CIA Director Mike Pompeo, who the president nominated to become secretary of state. But Haspel has come under scrutiny from senators for her involvement in the CIA’s enhanced interrogation program after the Sept. 11, 2001 terror attacks.

“Over the course of your career with the intelligence community, you have served in positions of responsibility that have intersected with the CIA’s program of so-called ‘enhanced interrogation techniques,’” McCain wrote in a letter to Haspel on Friday. “These techniques included the practice of waterboarding, forced nudity and humiliation, facial and abdominal slapping, dietary manipulation, stress positions, cramped confinement, striking, and more than 48 hours of sleep deprivation."

I don't get it. Why's McCain so sensitive about torture? :dunno:

Oh, brother. Still peddling the "torture" myth, hey? Torture is pulling fingernails, cutting skin and pouring acid in the cuts, pulling teeth, sticking needles under fingernails, etc. Waterboarding is not even close to any of these actions. And, I know you don't care, but two former CIA directors have admitted that waterboarding prevented pending attacks and saved untold numbers of lives.

Oh, brother. Still peddling the "torture" myth, hey? Torture is pulling fingernails, cutting skin and pouring acid in the cuts, pulling teeth, sticking needles under fingernails, etc. Waterboarding is not even close to any of these actions. And, I know you don't care, but two former CIA directors have admitted that waterboarding prevented pending attacks and saved untold numbers of lives.

were you waterboarded for charity like hannity?

2 cia directors have defended their criminal behavior?

no way!

I'm... pretty sure McCain's an expert on the subject.

I'm... pretty sure McCain's an expert on the subject.

yeah, but he's no mike griffith, is he?

were you waterboarded for charity like hannity?

2 cia directors have defended their criminal behavior?

no way!
The CIA claims to have stopped a 911 style attack on the UK with waterboarding...I guess you would have let it happen and then run yellow tape around the scene and clean it up later? Don't be stupid...

I think you should confirm that after you've been waterboarded. :thup:

I think you should confirm that after you've been waterboarded. :thup:

I think being blown up or have arms and legs blown off trumps waterboarding in every way, shape, and form. These are not soldiers who fight other soldiers, they are assholes who target innocent children and unarmed civilians as a matter of course.

Crazy Johnny needs to be institutionalized.

Probably, but he is still ten times the man that the Orange Evil could ever hope to be! Bone Spurs baby!
No...Johnny is a fucking warmongering, which is as bad as it gets. Trump might be too, but that remains to be seen.

Rump is a giant bag, Bone Spur wouldn't fight, but he will be more than willing to send others to fight!

McCain really needs to back off and just retire. He falls for everything put out there. Really sad
Correction: Trump’s Pick to Head CIA Did Not Oversee Waterboarding of Abu Zubaydah — ProPublica
ProPublica erred when it reported in 2017 that Gina Haspel was in charge of a secret prison in Thailand during the infamous interrogation of an al-Qaida suspect

yes, but they didn't err in asserting she ran the site afterwards and destroyed video evidence of waterboarding.

The CIA claims to have stopped a 911 style attack on the UK with waterboarding...I guess you would have let it happen and then run yellow tape around the scene and clean it up later? Don't be stupid...

trump claimed he was going to build a wall with mexican money

don't be stu..

oh, too late :lol:

Probably, but he is still ten times the man that the Orange Evil could ever hope to be! Bone Spurs baby!
No...Johnny is a fucking warmongering, which is as bad as it gets. Trump might be too, but that remains to be seen.

Rump is a giant bag, Bone Spur wouldn't fight, but he will be more than willing to send others to fight!
Why fight for the criminal ruling class ?

Why fight for the criminal ruling class ?

You are correct he will send others, because he is a pussy!

trump claimed he was going to build a wall with mexican money

don't be stu.
He is by sending their criminals back home for them to house instead of us....estimated to save our prison system millions over time...

New Topics

Forum List

Back