John Lott testifies before congress on gun violence.....

Whine all you want, but universal background checks will happen. The vast majority of the country wants them, and we will have them. Get over it.

Yeah, providing facts to commies is like providing facts to an emotional woman, they just want to be soothed and appeased, they could care less about the facts. After all we have to do something, effectiveness is irrelevant.

Already have them to the degree possible.

Background checks for personal sales/gifts cannot be uniformly enforced, if at all, since the giver and recipient can simply agree to backdate the transfer date to before the date any such requirement goes into effect.

Eliminate the bad guys. Lock up the crazies. Only then will they have no access to firearms.
Like I said, whine all you want. They will happen.

As I said, they already have. My BG check takes 10 minutes on a busy day. I grab ammo while waiting.

Great. Now they just have to do them for the rest of the people buying guns.

Who does not? Who is they?

I guess I was a little nonspecific. We need to require background checks for all the gun purchases that don't require them now. This is where you frantically declare that we have background checks now, and I point out how childish that remark is.

How would you enforce BG checks on private transfers?

As I said, they already have. My BG check takes 10 minutes on a busy day. I grab ammo while waiting.

I guess I was a little nonspecific. We need to require background checks for all the gun purchases that don't require them now. This is where you frantically declare that we have background checks now, and I point out how childish that remark is.
Exactly like I said before... requiring background checks for the purpose of reducing crime is impotent.
Just how many criminals do you think buy guns legally?
Just how many criminals who either plan specifically to use a gun in a crime, or carry it as part of the overall likelihood of committing crimes, do you think buy guns where they will be photographed, and registered?
Easy. Exactly 0.
If one is serious about reducing crime than you have to address the cause of why they are in that business to start with. And that isn't going to happen. Because they could be raaacist.

Like I already said multiple times, you are free to whine about it all you want, but that won't change the fact that the vast majority of Americans are demanding universal background checks, and we will have them. You don't have to be happy about it.

The vast majority of Americans are not informed on the topic, all they have to go on is the emotional 30 second sound bites delivered by the commie media. When fully informed those numbers would drop dramatically.

Exactly like I said before... requiring background checks for the purpose of reducing crime is impotent.
Just how many criminals who either plan specifically to use a gun in a crime, or carry it as part of the overall likelihood of committing crimes, do you think buy guns where they will be photographed, and registered?
Easy. Exactly 0.
If one is serious about reducing crime than you have to address the cause of why they are in that business to start with. And that isn't going to happen. Because they could be raaacist.

Like I already said multiple times, you are free to whine about it all you want, but that won't change the fact that the vast majority of Americans are demanding universal background checks, and we will have them. You don't have to be happy about it.
Please show me where I am whining. :rolleyes:
And again, all you want to do is virtue signal and do something that makes you feel good while not really accomplishing anything. I don't have a problem with background checks. But I also know, requiring them will do nothing to lower murder rates.

I know you are saying something, but all I can hear is bla bla bla. Whatever you might be saying doesn't matter anyway. Universal background checks will happen

Typical of an emotional woman. LMAO

Easy. Exactly 0.

The vast majority of Americans are not informed on the topic, all they have to go on is the emotional 30 second sound bites delivered by the commie media. When fully informed those numbers would drop dramatically.

Sour grapes?

Whine all you want, but universal background checks will happen. The vast majority of the country wants them, and we will have them. Get over it.

And they won't stop a single crime.

Easy. Exactly 0.

And again, all you want to do is virtue signal and do something that makes you feel good while not really accomplishing anything. I don't have a problem with background checks. But I also know, requiring them will do nothing to lower murder rates.

I know you are saying something, but all I can hear is bla bla bla. Whatever you might be saying doesn't matter anyway. Universal background checks will happen

I noticed that about your writing several posts back.

Universal Background checks fail Constitutional muster.

People can whine all they wish about not having UBC, but they won't be happening. Majorities do not supersede the Constitution.

That's it. Get it all out. I know you are disappointed that the universal background check thing didn't go your way, so go ahead and get all those angry feelings out and have a good cry. You'll feel better later when you finally realize you have to accept the reality of what happened.

People can whine all they wish about not having UBC, but they won't be happening. Majorities do not supersede the Constitution.

You hold your breath on that one.

That's it. Get it all out. I know you are disappointed that the universal background check thing didn't go your way, so go ahead and get all those angry feelings out and have a good cry. You'll feel better later when you finally realize you have to accept the reality of what happened.

Do you need a pat on the head? I ain't bothered by this in the slightest. In fact I actually want a background check law written that has a chance to prevent crime.

What you morons are pushing, won't.

Do you need a pat on the head? I ain't bothered by this in the slightest. In fact I actually want a background check law written that has a chance to prevent crime.

At this point, what you want doesn't matter. Trump supporters have fought any and all efforts for a long time. The country finally decided your wishes are unreasonable, and therefore not a concern any more. You gun nut Trump supporters kinda remind me of the little kid with his hand stuck in a cookie jar. If you could have cooperated even a little, and let go of some of the cookies, the outcome might have been different.

Easy. Exactly 0.

Sour grapes?

Nope, just more facts. You know, those little things you commies can't seem to comprehend.

At this point, what you want doesn't matter. Trump supporters have fought any and all efforts for a long time. The country finally decided your wishes are unreasonable, and therefore not a concern any more. You gun nut Trump supporters kinda remind me of the little kid with his hand stuck in a cookie jar. If you could have cooperated even a little, and let go of some of the cookies, the outcome might have been different.

Don't count your chickens.....

Easy. Exactly 0.

I noticed that about your writing several posts back.

What's wrong, is it that time of the month?

Fuck you, history proves your demands will never end until every law abiding citizen is disarmed. The days of compromise and cooperation are long gone.

Easy. Exactly 0.

Sour grapes?

Nope, just more facts. You know, those little things you commies can't seem to comprehend.

You love to use the word Commie. You're a blowhard idiot.

Don't count your chickens.....

I would say that at this point, that sounds like good advice for you.

You hold your breath on that one.

It's an intrastate transaction, the feds have no authority on the topic.

Purchase of fully automatic rifles could be considered an intrastate transaction too, right?

Forum List

Back