John Kerry tells Berlin "America has the right to be stupid..."

Misty

Gold Member
Aug 11, 2009
.....and we tolerate it".

Speaking from experience I presume John Kerry.

"Kerry defends liberties, says Americans have "right to be stupid"
BERLIN | Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:47am EST
SHARE THIS ARTICLE
Email
Facebook
Twitter

BERLIN (Reuters) - Secretary of State John Kerry offered a defense of freedom of speech, religion and thought in the United States on Tuesday telling German students that in America "you have a right to be stupid if you want to be."

"As a country, as a society, we live and breathe the idea of religious freedom and religious tolerance, whatever the religion, and political freedom and political tolerance, whatever the point of view," Kerry told the students in Berlin, the second stop on his inaugural trip as secretary of state."

Kerry defends liberties, says Americans have right to be stupid

Can you imagine this idiot going abroad and saying this crap about America. He is stupid. And I don't tolerate it.

As usual, rw's take an out of context word and build an entire tirade around it, thus proving his words to be true.

Read the whole phrase - there is nothing wrong with it.

Kerry is correct. Nothing to see here. Move along...

Crap... Did I just agree with John Kerry?

Ha! Right?

Even weirder, I watched the video, and he was even passionate(for Kerry anyway) when he talked about how it was something worth fighting for. He's usually such a dead fish, I was surprised how decent he did.

It's funny but I've just never seen him as a dead fish. He's such a statesman and brilliant, in my opinion. I love hearing his pov. As Secretary of State, he has specific topics that need to be addressed at certain times and in this capacity, we'll see the depth of his knowledge.

Thread title:
John Kerry tells Berlin "America has the right to be stupid..."

Actual quote:
Secretary of State John Kerry offered a defense of freedom of speech, religion and thought in the United States on Tuesday telling German students that in America "you have a right to be stupid if you want to be."

"As a country, as a society, we live and breathe the idea of religious freedom and religious tolerance, whatever the religion, and political freedom and political tolerance, whatever the point of view," Kerry told the students in Berlin, the second stop on his inaugural trip as secretary of state."

Misty, apparently you have the right to be stupid, and you exercise your right freely.

.....and we tolerate it".

Speaking from experience I presume John Kerry.
First of all, he didn't say "AMERICA" has the right to be stupid, he said YOU have the right to be stupid and Booby Jingo says you even have a "Stupid Party," the GOP, that you can belong to!!!

Kerry is correct. Nothing to see here. Move along...

Crap... Did I just agree with John Kerry?

Ha! Right?

Even weirder, I watched the video, and he was even passionate(for Kerry anyway) when he talked about how it was something worth fighting for. He's usually such a dead fish, I was surprised how decent he did.

It's funny but I've just never seen him as a dead fish. He's such a statesman and brilliant, in my opinion. I love hearing his pov. As Secretary of State, he has specific topics that need to be addressed at certain times and in this capacity, we'll see the depth of his knowledge.

He is a very smart man, but IMO, he has typically come off as reserved at best, cold and distant at worst. It was the same issue Romney had, they both aren't great with people in general.

Must be true. Look at all the stupid ass holes in Washington and their supporters right here on this board.

Forum List

Back