John Boehner won't come back??

The fact remains that Obama has the GOP Congress beat 2 to 1 in the polling on this issue.

The GOP will take a horrible hit if we go over the cliff and the TPM will be destroyed.

That's the conventional wisdom. Which, of course, is why Obama is refusing to actually negotiate.

Good luck with that spin job.
You call Boehner's wish list (let's roll back every vote we've lost over the last 30 years) a "proposal?
Obama actually moved on his opening proposal. Boehner went home.
The numbers seem to indicate that most Americans are smart enough not to fall for your line of spin - but I guess we will see.

Obama won the election.

all the polls show the people WANT to raise the top tax rates.

your tea party is the minority of the minority party.

that is NOT who runs the show in a democracy

We arent a Democracy. One of these days I hope you realize that.

And what kind of idiots would raise taxes on people in a recession? Oh yeah. Democrats. And Boehner who wanted to give democrats exactly what they were proposing a few months ago.

Thus exposing the Democrats as liars.

The problem being that working with Democrats isn't what his party wants. Many of us want him to attack them, not shake hands with them. We're tired of constantly being the butt of their jokes and constantly being under attack ourselves.

The fact remains that Obama has the GOP Congress beat 2 to 1 in the polling on this issue.

The GOP will take a horrible hit if we go over the cliff and the TPM will be destroyed.

That's the conventional wisdom. Which, of course, is why Obama is refusing to actually negotiate.

Good luck with that spin job.
You call Boehner's wish list (let's roll back every vote we've lost over the last 30 years) a "proposal?
Obama actually moved on his opening proposal. Boehner went home.
The numbers seem to indicate that most Americans are smart enough not to fall for your line of spin - but I guess we will see.

Spin job? It's called the truth. Boehner just offered them what they were asking for only months ago. Democrats made it obvious they didn't support it. if they had, it would have passed despite intelligent republicans opposing tax increases on anyone.

If they were smart, they would have passed a bill keeping the tax rates the same for everyone, sent it to the senate, and let Obama and Reid explain to the people why they are raising taxes on everyone

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNt0anp7WK8]Some Men Just Want To Watch The World Burn [/ame]

Some people do want to just watch the world burn. They are currently in the White House and control the Senate.

Yes, spin job. You know it and are a willing participant or you've been duped too.
Doesn't matter to me which it is.
It's a lame spin job. Thank goodness most people are gulliable enough to swallow it.

Yes, spin job. You know it and are a willing participant or you've been duped too.
It's a lame spin job. Thank goodness most people are gulliable enough to swallow it.

obviously you can't see the truth even if it hits you on the head....

The Republicans lost ground in the House. They still hold a majority. Mostly because of re-districting (Which is fine - everyone does it) but don't try to invent a public "mandate" that doesn't exist.

And Obama won with less votes than in 2008 and only by a small minority. Don't try to invent a public "mandate" that doesn't exist.

Obama carried a majority

And the Republicans still control the house......which is where we started out. A win is a win. You're the one who wanted to limit mandates based on size of the majority. Tit for tat. Neither have it based on your rules.

Obama wants to go off the cliff, hopefully he takes you with him

No spin necessary. Obama has always wanted us to go off the cliff. He gains everything and loses nothing politically over it.

We go over the cliff, he that proposes tax cuts. So he gets to claim to cut taxes. Republicans arent going to oppose tax cuts for anyone. Heck, He can even fund the military alittle more if he lets us go over the cliff.

He gets nothing by negotiating now. He already has dupes like you blaming his opponents for his lack of action.

YOU'RE TRUTH? Like "unskewed" polls ?????

ONLY people who've been repeatedly hit in the head fall for that crap.

what the fuck are you yapping about.....?

i was referring to Avatars post #63....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNt0anp7WK8]Some Men Just Want To Watch The World Burn [/ame]

Stop that Green, Jake gets all nipply when you talk to him like that

What do polls have to do with anything going on in this conversation?

You silly morons are destroying the national GOP.

You folks will give Frank's dear leader the House in 2014.

Jake you Moderates have lost the last 2 elections against Obama. What I'm hearing from the Money People is that they are not happy with the ROI Moderates are returning.

Send federal marshals to his home.

He's fucking with my portfolio and investments.

He's fucking with peoples jobs.

He's fucking with V.A. benefits.

This will end the GOP.

When you voted the exact same people back into office you fucked yourself. Stop passing your stupidity onto someone else.

Where oh where is johnny boy?

Is he crying because he will be the face of the GOP?

Someone get a picture of him drunk on New Years, bending his servants over and spanking them, then firing them.

I fear you are in danger of being put on ignore by a great number of USMB members.

Correct. Very nasty poster who gets off on verbally abusing others. Never has anything to offer in regard to debate or discussion.

No, conservative hatred has cost Republicans the presidency four of six times and let the Dems gain seats in the Senate.

You are destroying the Party.

Jake you Moderates have lost the last 2 elections against Obama. What I'm hearing from the Money People is that they are not happy with the ROI Moderates are returning.

Says the welsher LGS who loves being nasty herself. Bit of hypocrisy with her, but what else would we expect?

I'm just wondering how bad they have do in an election (I mean seriously - couldn't even beat a black guy named Barack Obama even with 8% unemployment) before they admit they're on the wrong track?

Forum List

Back