John Barrowman slams Target for refusing to let him buy items for a homeless man

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
John Barrowman slams Target for refusing to let him buy items for a homeless man

John Barrowman, known for his roles on “Arrow” and “Doctor Who,” blasted Target for refusing to let him purchase items for a homeless man.

The out actor posted a video on Twitter claiming that he attempted to buy a homeless man a $40 gift card, jacket and shirt at a Target in West Hollywood. Barrowman says he was “lectured” by a staff member that he couldn’t make the purchase.

--------------------------------

We live in an evil world. It is just pathetic.

I'm glad Target is making it right - having said that, John can definitely be a bit of a drama llama.

I love him anyway.

Kind of surprised nobody mentioned Torchwood, which I should probably watch again.

John Barrowman is a good looking guy. But should probably stay out of politics.

maxresdefault.jpg

Kind of surprised nobody mentioned Torchwood, which I should probably watch again.

Oh, I hated Torchwood!

In Target's defense, once people start buying homeless vagrants stuff, they'll never be able to get rid of them.

You can't hate Torchwood! Rumor has it that I'm you and I love Torchwood.

Wait a minute. I think I found the answer.

So since I am in fact NOT your sock - why did you hate Torchwood??

Fair enough-

I thought it was too depressing. They killed off most of the characters at some point in the series for no good reason, including the ones I actually almost liked.

They really couldn't even agree on what the sexual orientation of the characters were from week to week, as both Toshi and Owen were portrayed as both straight and gay, depending on who was writing the episode.

the third season where Captain Jack's go-to solution was to fry his grandson's brain was the capper for me.

John Barrowman, known for his roles on “Arrow” and “Doctor Who,” blasted Target for refusing to let him purchase items for a homeless man.

The out actor posted a video on Twitter claiming that he attempted to buy a homeless man a $40 gift card, jacket and shirt at a Target in West Hollywood. Barrowman says he was “lectured” by a staff member that he couldn’t make the purchase.

weird

not sure why a company wouldn't want to make money.

unless he brought the guy in and he stunk

that would be a valid reason to ask them to leave.

weird

Homeless people in your store drive out more regular spending customers. When people see homeless people out front they avoid the store to avoid conflict and alms solicitation.

When homeless people begin congregating in an area, local businesses suffer.

weird

Homeless people in your store drive out more regular spending customers. When people see homeless people out front they avoid the store to avoid conflict and alms solicitation.

Wait a minute!!! How after 8 years of Obama, and with Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid for the first 2 years, can there be any homeless. Wasn't Obama promising Hope and Change and the Fundamental Transformation of America, with the redistribution of wealth? Again, how can there be homeless?

Who is evil? The Target employee? The company doesn't have any such policy.

And....YOU getting upset by something like this is awesome. You are one of the least empathetic people who post here.

weird

That is perhaps one thing, but the homelessness going on the Commiefornia is not the typical homelessness you are use to.

Through the marxist feudalist policies, the middle class is being eradicated. All to the gleeful delight of the rich elite leftists.

Besides, someone ought to be able things for someone without being lectured to by, a left wing white elitist.

Again, how can there be homeless?

I can say this because in my job I deal with homeless people on a daily basis.

Homelessness isn't caused by Democrats, it isn't caused by Republicans. It's not caused by the economy or a lack of homes.

The chronically homeless that make up the most visible component of the 'homeless problem' are, because of substance addiction, mental health issues, or both, societally dysfunctional.

They remain on the streets despite the availability of options because they can't deal with the restrictions and conditions such options require. They are literally incapable of self-care.

The explosion of homelessness in America, began in the late '70s, early '80s as a consequence of the repeal of vagrancy and compulsory committal laws for drunks, drug addicts and the mentally ill.

Out of a desire to be more humane (and to save a huge amount of tax dollars) we kicked these people out of crappy hospitals and jails where they received a minimal level of care onto the even crappier streets where they receive no care at all and are frequently the target of assaults and deaths due to starvation and exposure ... that, my friends, is weapons-grade irony.

And yet ... we still think that building more homes is the answer to homelessness.

Oh, I hated Torchwood!

In Target's defense, once people start buying homeless vagrants stuff, they'll never be able to get rid of them.
  • They who?
  • For Target, what's not to like about people with money buying things from Target for people who don't have money?
  • Since when did personal exhibitions of charity become objectionable?
  • Has there been a mass repeal of vagrancy laws?

What this is: Horrible.

What this is not: Politics.

What this is: Horrible.

What this is not: Politics.
EVERYTHING is politics

Fair enough-

I thought it was too depressing. They killed off most of the characters at some point in the series for no good reason, including the ones I actually almost liked.

They really couldn't even agree on what the sexual orientation of the characters were from week to week, as both Toshi and Owen were portrayed as both straight and gay, depending on who was writing the episode.

the third season where Captain Jack's go-to solution was to fry his grandson's brain was the capper for me.

Well, to be fair, he did save 10% of the Earth's children.

Forum List

Back