Police arrest man for yelling bible passages at pride parade: Yelling on public property a crime for conservatives

"He was not arrested for reading a bible verse," a police spokesperson told the outlet. "He was arrested for being disorderly. His volume was at a level that he was heckling a preplanned and permitted event. He was given an area he was allowed to protest in, and was asked to keep volume at a level that was not problematic or that was inciting public inconvenience."

Your man is learning that freedom of speech has some limits..
Leftists scream in protests all the time. I’m sure the state/police dept is trying to cover their asses, but even that explanation holds no weight.

When did police become librarians? Shhhh!

Citation from Pennsylvania Criminal Code...

§ 5503. Disorderly conduct.

(a) Offense defined.--
A person is guilty of disorderly conduct if, with intent to cause public inconvenience, annoyance or alarm, or recklessly creating a risk thereof, he:

(1) engages in fighting or threatening, or in violent or tumultuous behavior;

(2) makes unreasonable noise;

(3) uses obscene language, or makes an obscene gesture; or

(4) creates a hazardous or physically offensive condition by any act which serves no legitimate purpose of the actor
It’s also technically illegal to drive 38 in a 35.. I’m sure you’d own and accept the ticket right? You’re really going to pathetically back this woke cop who arrested them because a guy didn’t “show them respect”?

It’s also technically illegal drive 38 in a 35.. I’m sure you’d own and accept the ticket right? You’re really going to pathetically back this woke cop who arrested them because a guy didn’t “show them respect”?

"Woke cop"? This is what they do regularly to all kinds of people.

"He was not arrested for reading a bible verse," a police spokesperson told the outlet. "He was arrested for being disorderly. His volume was at a level that he was heckling a preplanned and permitted event. He was given an area he was allowed to protest in, and was asked to keep volume at a level that was not problematic or that was inciting public inconvenience."

IOW, you're allowed to protest as long as you are not heard or seen. Does anyone else see the cognitive dissonance? "Problematic" and "public inconvenience" is the hallmark of protest, at least that's what we're told when the troglodytes block traffic in the city streets. Let a hundred people snarl up rush hour traffic for hours and it's just a protest. Let one man yell a few things and he's arrested.

Sad for me to say this as I've known a few decent gay people, but, the fags have got to go.

There are so many of them pulling on our society morals and values bar so much they are dragging it right down to the bottom. No good society can exist without having a high bar.

But the fags need to go, they had their chance to be a part of society and just keep their faggotry to themselves and they blew it. Now they need to be expelled from America and go somewhere else.

I would arrest him, for a Christian man in Pennsylvania has been arrested obnoxious for reading the Bible.
Say thing as the abortion clinics. People praying, ha. Don't you know Christ is dead! More than often its Democrats being protested against.

Of course you would. You're a FASCIST!

You accept this quote as fact? Were you there? Do you have a recording of how loud the parade was? I have a feeling that it was not somber and dignified, like a funeral procession.

You have a skewed definition of what the word "freedom" means. "Freedom of speech" means "freedom of speech".

Cliffs notes:
- The incident took place on Tuesday morning at a public Pride Month event in Reading

- The man, Damon Atkins, was captured on video in an altercation with police patrolling near the event after he attempted to shout a verse from Corinthians.

- police protected the pride parade from disagreement, "Let them have their day," an officer said to Atkins. "Respect it."

- “You know who's cheering for us? The people that are in hell," the man responded. "So, you do you, and I'm going to do me. This is public property."

- The officer, as seen in the clip, briefly moved to stand between Atkins and the crowd at the event, but turned back as he resumed reading the verse and arrested him.

"That's it. You're done," the officer said.

A few thoughts:
1. why are BLM/Woke people allowed to scream at conservatives, destroy their property, and police stand by, but this is an arrestable offence?
2. This guy should hire a lawyer yesterday and sue the bejesus out of the police dept/city.

Yelling bible verses on public property to protest = GO TO JAIL!
disobeying a cop, go to jail.

Will the police arrest hecklers at President Trump's preplanned event?

The answer is no, and indeed they should not be. People have a right to speak out on the issues, and the fact that this fellow was using the Holy Bible puts another layer on this as Freedom of Religion is guaranteed as well as speech.
So when they moved those protestors from Lafayette park for the Trump photo op...
Explain that to us... Trump gave no prior notice...

The police has the right to ask people to respect the volume on a street and if protesting a permitted event that they don't interfere...

Many years ago when I was in the Marines the Westboro Baptist folks came to down to protests at the funereal of a fallen Marine. A bunch of us went as a counter protest.

Both groups were given very specific areas they were allowed to protest from, keeping the two groups a good ways apart. Anyone from either group that tried to do things outside of those areas were taken into custody.

Was this an abuse of power by the city police?
In my opinion, no. To me, if the boundaries and restrictions can't be respected, get ready for the handcuffs.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

In my opinion, no. To me, if the boundaries and restrictions can't be respected, get ready for the handcuffs.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I agree with you, and so did the Base CO who told us all that anyone that got in trouble with the police would face the music when he got ahold of us.

Yep, but odd how you and your leftist brethrens standards change depending on the person being arrested. Double standards cripple your credibility

I saw no one defending this guy getting arrested. Some pointing out the arguments made previously concerning someone getting arrested or even killed.

You are making up a hypocritical position to try and defend yours.

Forum List

Back