Joe 'you lie' Walsh a 'Deadbeat Dad'?

As of September;

Judge Orders Joe Walsh To Prove He Doesn't Owe Back Child-Support

After months of dismissing allegations that he owed his ex-wife more than $100,000 in back child support, U.S. Rep. Joe Walsh was ordered Wednesday to provide the court with proof that he isn't a deadbeat dad.

According to the Chicago Sun-Times, Cook County Circuit Judge Raul Vega expressed frustration when the Illinois Republican and Tea Party favorite did not appear in court along with his ex-wife, Laura Walsh.

And the Chicago paper has more info.

Judge-scolds-Rep.-Joe-Walsh-in-child-support-case - Chicago Sun-Times

Cook County Circuit Judge Raul Vega also wanted to know why Walsh wasn’t in court Wednesday — the McHenry Republican’s ex-wife, Laura Walsh, was there — and initially said he expected him to show up for the next hearing.

In court, Walsh’s attorney, Janet Boyle, asked Vega “for what purpose” he wanted the congressman in court.

Vega gave her a puzzled look — to which Boyle responded: “Mr. Walsh is a U.S. congressman.”

“Well, he’s no different than anyone else,” the judge replied.

So, from the court's perspective, the he-said/she-said just got upped to "Prove it, Sir."
Again, I will see what the court has to say. The games during discovery mean nothing to me, other than they are petty games.

Been there tooooooooooooo many times.

I still find this, in the face of THAT, ironic.

In a video lecturing Obama on the need to get the country’s finances in order, Walsh said, “I won’t place one more dollar of debt upon the backs of my kids and grandkids unless we structurally reform the way this town spends money.”

I still find this, in the face of THAT, ironic.

In a video lecturing Obama on the need to get the country’s finances in order, Walsh said, “I won’t place one more dollar of debt upon the backs of my kids and grandkids unless we structurally reform the way this town spends money.”
And, if the court finds he doesn't owe a penny, it wouldn't be ironic.

I'll see what the court orders. It's a coin toss, IMO - exes habitually lie about each other.

It's not surprising that consrevatrash are coming to Dead Beat, Joe Walsh's defense. Middle aged, white males, of the GOP stripe want full control over women's reproduction and economics.

"Not living in poverty" would not be the point. He did put those children on the planet, he does have an obligation: TO THEM.

Here's one of the filings.

Petition for RTSC Against Joe - Part 1 [12!7!10]
Uh huh.

Let's see what the court orders.

It's family/domestic court, for crying out loud - a freaking laughing stock of "civil justice", in my experience.

LOL. Just have to defend a dead beat Dad. The 'Conservative' way.

It does, indeed, reflect on the character of the person. A man is accountable for the welfare of his children!

The guy needs to own up. I get tired of deadbeat fathers...not only financially but the emotional loss of a two parent family setting.
This problem is not a right or a left thing, it's a social thing.
And, how do you know he is a "deadbeat dad"?

See, I hear that shit claim from my fiancee's ex all the time. And, he is far from being a deadbeat dad. In fact, every time she drags his ass into court, she loses, and loses big.

Maybe if she didn't spend in excess of $200K on legal fees, she could take the kids on eight vacations a year, rather than four. Maybe he could, too.

Last edited:
The guy needs to own up. I get tired of deadbeat fathers...not only financially but the emotional loss of a two parent family setting.

Yeah, what a loser.

True story, my stepmom has never seen a penny for her daughter who is now 31. At one time they garnished money from his company account but he said he couldn't meet payroll so the gov't cancelled the check mid-route.

That's how gov't works, if they aren't getting a piece of the money, they moved at a snail's pace or they never move.

See, I hear that shit claim from my fiancee's ex all the time. And, he is far from being a deadbeat dad. In fact, every time she drags his ass into court, she loses, and loses big.

Maybe if she didn't spend in excess of $200K on legal fees, she could take the kids on eight vacations a year, rather than four. Maybe he could, too.

Many times, the reason for the papers being filed is that the ex believes that the guy has an increase in income and they seek to increase the payments. That doesn't make the guy a deadbeat dad, just means the ex wants more money.

The deadbeat dads are those who split without paying anything and their ex and children end up on welfare. I don't expect some to understand the difference. If the children were going without, I'd be furious. If it's a matter of the children having all they need right now and the wife just wants an increase, it's a different story.

No matter, the court will decide, not the posters on a message board.

Last edited:
Settlement. Why would he be settling if he 'doesn't owe a penny'?
Because maybe she won't accept such a settlement?

Pardon? I really like you *because you make me back up my assertions, and I'm getting less lazy*, but your question/answer doesn't answer my question/question.
I'm just skeptical about ANYTHING that goes on in the Court between exes, Boop. I've seen bullshit and inflamatory bullshit for too long leading up to a court order.

Maybe that makes me biased too much, but my skepticism when it comes to any family court matter has served me well so far.

As I said, I give either side a 50% chance of being right. He may owe, he may not. I don't know.

But, I do know that with the situation I personally see on a regular basis, I would not settle for a thing as far as that ex is concerned. The waste of money is stunning and both attorneys are rolling in it.

Many times, the reason for the papers being filed is that the ex believes that the guy has an increase in income and they seek to increase the payments. That doesn't make the guy a deadbeat dad, just means the ex wants more money.

The deadbeat dads are those who split without paying anything and their ex and children end up on welfare. I don't expect some to understand the difference.

No matter, the court will decide, not the posters on a message board.
Exactly. There is a recalculation each time there is a material change in circumstances, change in income is one of those material circumstances.

Disputing what an ex claims is owed does not make for a deadbeat dad.

Forum List

Back