Eric Cantor's Small-Business Tax Cut Faces Threat Of Presidential Veto

Discussion in 'Politics' started by auditor0007, Apr 18, 2012.

1. auditor0007

auditor0007 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,218

I really have to hand it to the Republicans. They are as incompetent as ever. I would have no problem supporting any tax cut that creates new jobs, given the cost is reasonable. However, here we have a proposal to issue a tax credit that will cost taxpayers $46 billion, and even the Republican supporters state that it will only create around 100,000 new jobs. Now think about this and do the math. That works out to $460,000 of taxpayer money for each and every single new job. And Cons were complaining about the stimulus package? WTF?

To make matters worse, it is stated that it would slash taxes for over 22 million small businesses at an average of $6500. If that is true, then the actual cost is closer to $143 billion making each new job created cost taxpayers $1,430,000. We really need more of these types of tax cuts, don't ya think?

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  2. auditor0007

auditor0007 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,218
    Really, 26 views and not one single comment?

3. auditor0007

auditor0007 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,218
    This really is amazing, nobody has anything to say. I guess I should have started a post about eating monkey brains or giving my cat a bath by forcing it in the toilet and shutting the lid. Those types of posts seem to do well around here.

4. C_Clayton_Jones

C_Clayton_Jones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,869
    Likely because there’s nothing new here from the GOP House, yet another pointless partisan measure designed to be fodder for republican stump speeches this Fall. The intent was for Obama to veto the bill, and never become law.

5. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,903
    True. I started a thread just now about the new law being voted on in North Carolina that would end domestic violence protections and benefits for straight people in civil unions and some dumbass right winger went after me for creating a troll thread. They vote on this Amendment on the 8th.

Instead, they want to focus on the REAL issues. Like Obama possibly eating dog meat when he was 10 years old and his birth certificate. Important things like that.

I have a difficult time believing anything from Eric Cantor being beneficial. This is a guy who said victims of hurricanes and tornadoes shouldn't necessarily get government aid. Then his home state was hit with an earthquake and a hurricane.