Joe Biden: 'the Nfl Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet'

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
Joe Biden: 'The NFL Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet'
Speaking at a conference Friday, the vice president was equal measures somber and feisty.
By Emma Roller
1x1.gif

Sept. 19, 2014 in Washington.(Mark Wilson/Getty Images)

In the bowels of the Marriott Marquis in downtown Washington, Joe Biden was yelling.

The vice president was there to speak at the Democratic National Committee's annual Women's Leadership Conference, and he was fired up. Hillary Clinton and President Obama will address the crowd Friday afternoon.

In the run-up to its leadership conference, the DNC has faced somewhat of a leadership crisis of its own. DNC Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz has faced flack from members of her party over the past two weeks for two recent PR blunders. On Friday she took the stage to introduce Biden, who has made a couple gaffes of his own recently.

In an otherwise warmly received speech, Biden did make one apparent slip, when he oddly praised a former Republican senator, Bob Packwood, who was accused of sexual harassment and ultimately resigned. Biden called Packwood "the type of Republican I miss," then continued his speech against sexual assault.

There was no apparent love lost for Biden and Wasserman Schultz—at least in the crowd. Wasserman Schultz called Biden a "national treasure" for his work on domestic violence, including his sponsorship of the Violence Against Women Act, which President Clinton signed into law 20 years ago. She also admitted to sporting a "Biden for President" button on her backpack when she was in college.

Biden in turn called Wasserman Schultz his "little sister," and praised her for her work as chairwoman. "I've never seen anybody work as hard and as tirelessly as Debbie has," he told the crowd.

Both addressed domestic violence in the scope of Baltimore Ravens player Ray Rice, whom the National Football League suspended indefinitely after TMZ uncovered footage of Rice assaulting his then-fiancée in an elevator.

Biden name-dropped Cynthia Hogan, one of his former aides on the Senate Judiciary Committee, who was recently hired as the NFL's senior vice president for public policy and government affairs.

"The NFL ain't seen nothin' yet," Biden said. "They have no idea what they just bought onto." Also on Friday morning, Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel reportedly asked his staff to look into the military's relationship with the NFL.

Joe Biden The NFL Ain t Seen Nothin Yet - NationalJournal.com

Progressives go after everyone else's wealth, successes and freedoms.

The war on football continues. The fascinating thing is that it isn't about money anymore. How much advertising money does NBC bring in on their news/opinion shows verses their sports shows? The NBC weatherman forecasts extended weirdness for the rest of the winter football season.

Does every company need to fire employees charged with spousal abuse or just the NFL?

The NFL refused to support Obama's move to advertize about Global Warming during games. They already wear pink all month in October for breast-cancer awareness, Obama asked them to do something for Global Warming this year and the NFL refused. Then when Michael Sam was cut from the Rams the Dems decided it was time to take what they know about their players and use it. Now everyone is talking about spousal-abuse. Democrats are the ones who will protect women from wife-beaters, sexual-assault, and child-abuse, even though Democrats are just as guilty of the crime themselves. Ted Kennedy, Bill Clinton, Bob Packwood, Rep. Charlie Wilson of Ohio, etc.

Democrat Candidate Admits To Beating Wife NOW Endorsement To Follow Shortly - Say Anything

Last edited:

It is probably just an extortion scheme. Pay the right people enough money, and the problem will go away.

It is probably just an extortion scheme. Pay the right people enough money, and the problem will go away.

It got everyone talking about something other than ISIS, and it's a great way to get special favors from the most popular sport in America. Who cares that dozens of black players are going to lose their jobs. They already have a list of guys who will become targets. I don't know if I'll be able to fill a fantasy team in a month or two.

Bottom line is if you hit a woman you should lose your job. You should be subjected to harsh penalties. We are going to see more and more of this as these thugs and their actions are brought into the public light. Combine that with the concussion stuff and perhaps we are going to see a downturn in the fascination with football. I see more kids turning away from football and going to soccer. As a parent and former football player I don't blame them. Why sacrifice your kids health to play a lousy game?

Bottom line is if you hit a woman you should lose your job. You should be subjected to harsh penalties. We are going to see more and more of this as these thugs and their actions are brought into the public light. Combine that with the concussion stuff and perhaps we are going to see a downturn in the fascination with football. I see more kids turning away from football and going to soccer. As a parent and former football player I don't blame them. Why sacrifice your kids health to play a lousy game?
So are you for people on welfare losing their benefits if they abuse their spouse?

So, what exactly does that have to do with this thread?

As for the NFL, why should they be required to punish people to YOUR satisfaction? Do you understand that if the legal system convicts Rice he will be in jail and not be playing football anyway?

A very convenient reminder, this, that Obama must NOT be impeached.

Remember the consequence of what would seem a patriotic action....Biden would be elevated though certainly never enlightened.

Democrats are shaking down the NFL in the media. Joe Biden essentially tipped everyone off in his speech yesterday.

Time to collect on that Non-Profit status!

So are you for people on welfare losing their benefits if they abuse their spouse?

50% of domestic violence arrests involve pushing and shoving, instead of punching/stabbing/shooting. Hell, those welfare rolls will get cleared in no time flat! :rock:

Joe Biden: 'The NFL Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet'
Speaking at a conference Friday, the vice president was equal measures somber and feisty.
By Emma Roller
1x1.gif

Sept. 19, 2014 in Washington.(Mark Wilson/Getty Images)

In the bowels of the Marriott Marquis in downtown Washington, Joe Biden was yelling.

The vice president was there to speak at the Democratic National Committee's annual Women's Leadership Conference, and he was fired up. Hillary Clinton and President Obama will address the crowd Friday afternoon.

In the run-up to its leadership conference, the DNC has faced somewhat of a leadership crisis of its own. DNC Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz has faced flack from members of her party over the past two weeks for two recent PR blunders. On Friday she took the stage to introduce Biden, who has made a couple gaffes of his own recently.

In an otherwise warmly received speech, Biden did make one apparent slip, when he oddly praised a former Republican senator, Bob Packwood, who was accused of sexual harassment and ultimately resigned. Biden called Packwood "the type of Republican I miss," then continued his speech against sexual assault.

There was no apparent love lost for Biden and Wasserman Schultz—at least in the crowd. Wasserman Schultz called Biden a "national treasure" for his work on domestic violence, including his sponsorship of the Violence Against Women Act, which President Clinton signed into law 20 years ago. She also admitted to sporting a "Biden for President" button on her backpack when she was in college.

Biden in turn called Wasserman Schultz his "little sister," and praised her for her work as chairwoman. "I've never seen anybody work as hard and as tirelessly as Debbie has," he told the crowd.

Both addressed domestic violence in the scope of Baltimore Ravens player Ray Rice, whom the National Football League suspended indefinitely after TMZ uncovered footage of Rice assaulting his then-fiancée in an elevator.

Biden name-dropped Cynthia Hogan, one of his former aides on the Senate Judiciary Committee, who was recently hired as the NFL's senior vice president for public policy and government affairs.

"The NFL ain't seen nothin' yet," Biden said. "They have no idea what they just bought onto." Also on Friday morning, Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel reportedly asked his staff to look into the military's relationship with the NFL.

Joe Biden The NFL Ain t Seen Nothin Yet - NationalJournal.com

Someone forgot to tell Biden that 66% of the football players in the NFL are African-Americans and they are the ones committing the majority of the spousal and child abuse crimes. If the NFL fires them they will be sued and labeled racists. If they don't, Biden wants the people running the NFL fired. Who is the racist POS in this picture?

Forum List

Back