Jodi Arias Trial

Yeah, I think that's what turns my stomach, too. The mob mentality. And I bet a lot of these people call themselves Christians. They should be praying for her everlasting soul, not hoping for her death.

Once you know what she did to that guy, you might change your thinking on that.

She killed him several times, stabbing him in the back, slitting his throat, shooting him.. I don't care what happens to that little pig Arias.

Next, we get to see that other moron Zimmerman lie over and over about what happened with that kid he murdered. He's already testing his little story out in the press.

I understand your feelings. I'm sure similar feelings prompted the mob to hop up and down and cheer. All I'm saying is, in spite of the depth of your feelings, react with dignity. Don't grab a torch and a pitchfork and fall in line to pop her out of jail and string her up to a tree. (And I trust you know I am not referring to "you" literally but, rather, to people in general.)

I would like to think we have progressed from the times of public executions where the mob gathered, bright-eyed with expectation, lusting for the moment of death. Frankly, I don't think we have.

The medical examiner will be on the stand on Wednesday to explain in detail the pain and suffering Travis went through. I can see why they cheered, absolutely, especially in light of other cases where jurors let obviously guilty people walk from heinous crimes that they most assuredly committed.

Of course they all claim their innocence. That is an old joke.

Yeah, I think that's what turns my stomach, too. The mob mentality. And I bet a lot of these people call themselves Christians. They should be praying for her everlasting soul, not hoping for her death.

She killed him several times, stabbing him in the back, slitting his throat, shooting him.. I don't care what happens to that little pig Arias.

Next, we get to see that other moron Zimmerman lie over and over about what happened with that kid he murdered. He's already testing his little story out in the press.

.....in spite of the depth of your feelings, react with dignity. Don't grab a torch and a pitchfork and fall in line to pop her out of jail and string her up to a tree. (And I trust you know I am not referring to "you" literally but, rather, to people in general.)

I think there exists a very thin line between learned civility and base human instinct. That's the premise of the novel Lord of the Flies, which most 10th graders in America read, though the idea does not seem to have sunk in, or stayed in, for many people. A very thin line, and an awful lot of people show no hesitation in crossing it. One of the reasons traffic gets really, really bad when there is a major highway accident is rubber necking. Programs such as the Jerry Springer Show draw millions of people to them. Executions in America are attended by the gleeful, waiting to cheer at the moment of death. If we had live executions on TV, millions around the world would be glued to their televisions sets. You can take the animal out of the jungle, but you can't take the jungle out of the animal. At bottom, we are all primitive beasts and civilization is just a veneer.

Last edited:
I didn't even cheer to myself when they read the Arias verdict. Not even a little. I just felt sad for the guy Travis and disgusted with her. He had the misfortune to have her in his life for whatever reason and now there's no getting him back.

It's a crazy world out there.

After hearing 'all of this'/news I attempted to relieve the stress and ran some errands.

As I was leaving the gas station I saw a woman and 2 small children sitting on a blanket outside. I knew the reason would not be good and it wasn't. She said she was sitting there because she had no where to stay tonight--a woman thought she might have a place for her in a shelter tomorrow. So she was hoping to collect enough money --$50 --to get a motel room.

This disturbs me greatly--all of it. #1--Not likely that she could collect that much money before dark--it was around 7PM. Then not many motels in the immediate area---there are a few about 1 mile or so away--might be more expensive. So how would she find a motel --walking along a busy street with two little children?

And --her best option/hope of an option was that a woman might find a spot in a shelter for her tomorrow.

In the meantime, should the gas station choose to do so--she could have been asked to leave and face legal consequences. Perhaps a member of LE would have been able to provide assistance with finding a place for the night--not the jail.

I gave her some money and then told her about the shelters I knew of--even offered to drive her up there--about 5 miles. Not a rational plan, I know.

I know that 'assistance' for this type of problem is practically nil in my area. Probably the same everywhere.

pardon my rant--It is just not right that people should have to live in such a manner.

I searched for some glimmer of hope--'WE', the people are intensively aware --our government is aware---many are motivated to do what they can/volunteer. Beyond any political affiliations--it is the right thing to do--morally--to try to help.

Do what you can when you can --I suppose that is all that anyone can do.

Just curious, when you offered to drive her to a shelter, did she take you up on that offer?

Last edited:
Why are we talking about abuse? Jodi Aria used that defense to try to get away with murder.

I am offended that she dare try to convince people that she, (Jodi) was abused. There was no evidence of abuse whatsoever. And to lend credence to any more of her lies, is demeaning and offensive to those of us that have actually experienced real and true abuse.

She drove a thousand miles to her so called abuser, yeah right

After hearing 'all of this'/news I attempted to relieve the stress and ran some errands.

As I was leaving the gas station I saw a woman and 2 small children sitting on a blanket outside. I knew the reason would not be good and it wasn't. She said she was sitting there because she had no where to stay tonight--a woman thought she might have a place for her in a shelter tomorrow. So she was hoping to collect enough money --$50 --to get a motel room.

This disturbs me greatly--all of it. #1--Not likely that she could collect that much money before dark--it was around 7PM. Then not many motels in the immediate area---there are a few about 1 mile or so away--might be more expensive. So how would she find a motel --walking along a busy street with two little children?

And --her best option/hope of an option was that a woman might find a spot in a shelter for her tomorrow.

In the meantime, should the gas station choose to do so--she could have been asked to leave and face legal consequences. Perhaps a member of LE would have been able to provide assistance with finding a place for the night--not the jail.

I gave her some money and then told her about the shelters I knew of--even offered to drive her up there--about 5 miles. Not a rational plan, I know.

I know that 'assistance' for this type of problem is practically nil in my area. Probably the same everywhere.

pardon my rant--It is just not right that people should have to live in such a manner.

I searched for some glimmer of hope--'WE', the people are intensively aware --our government is aware---many are motivated to do what they can/volunteer. Beyond any political affiliations--it is the right thing to do--morally--to try to help.

Just curious, when you offered to drive her to a shelter, did she take you up on that offer?

At times I just get very frustrated over 'how it is'.

No, she didn't want to be taken to a shelter and even if I had done that I am sure there are policies and procedures--The System.

It was starting to get dark and without transportation of her own that meant rely on the bus or walk. Buses run erratically after dark and how she would have managed the two kids and tried to walk anywhere near the motels in the area I don't know.

On a few occasions I have been without a car and tried using the bus. Not pleasant with only myself to take care of. I have also tried walking and well --your feet get tired and in the dark of night no woman should be walking alone with her children.

What if they were hungry--would they get anything to eat?

snarl--The complexities of bureaucracy. From teaching school I am well informed about just how limited any sort of assistance can be on occasion.

I don't know --I just don't like how hard life is at times for many--through no real fault of their own.

Maybe. And maybe there is just something in people, regardless of OJ and Casey Anthony, that compels them to gather in the streets and pelt the condemned person with garbage as he/she is being carted to the gallows.

I watched the crowds of people cheering and hopping up and down when the verdict was announced, and I thought, show a little dignity, folks. But the mobs never do.

Well, if you don't call yourself a Christian, that's fine. But if you call yourself a Christian you should be praying for her soul. I already know what she did to him and I can actually imagine the level of fear and adrenalin that would result in such an extreme.

I once had a hunting knife held to my jugular. That was an interesting experience, because I actually thought he was going to push...push the point of that knife right into my neck and let me bleed out. I could imagine that same guy threatening my life one too many times and going into a raging self-defense mode. Absolutely believable to me.

I didn't even cheer to myself when they read the Arias verdict. Not even a little. I just felt sad for the guy Travis and disgusted with her. He had the misfortune to have her in his life for whatever reason and now there's no getting him back.

It is indeed a sad thing. Jodi Arias ruined many lives including her own

Now THAT's the Sarah G. I have come to know and love. :eusa_whistle:

.....in spite of the depth of your feelings, react with dignity. Don't grab a torch and a pitchfork and fall in line to pop her out of jail and string her up to a tree. (And I trust you know I am not referring to "you" literally but, rather, to people in general.)

I think there exists a very thin line between learned civility and base human instinct. That's the premise of the novel Lord of the Flies, which most 10th graders in America read year, though the idea does not seem to have sunk in, or stayed in, for many people. A very thin line, and an awful lot of people show no hesitation in crossing it. One of the reasons traffic gets really, really bad when there is a major highway accident is rubber necking. Programs such as the Jerry Springer Show draw millions of people to them. Executions in America are attended by the gleeful, waiting to cheer at the moment of death. If we had live executions on TV, millions around the world would be glued to their televisions sets. You can take the animal out of the jungle, but you can't take the jungle out of the animal. At bottom, we are all primitive beasts and civilization is just a veneer.

Bravo! Well said! I agree with you here.

(Only thing is, "Lord of the Flies" was required reading for my freshman English class in college, not 10th grade. In 10th grade, we were reading "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock.")

No, she didn't want to be taken to a shelter and even if I had done that I am sure there are policies and procedures--The System.

It was starting to get dark and without transportation of her own that meant rely on the bus or walk. Buses run erratically after dark and how she would have managed the two kids and tried to walk anywhere near the motels in the area I don't know.

On a few occasions I have been without a car and tried using the bus. Not pleasant with only myself to take care of. I have also tried walking and well --your feet get tired and in the dark of night no woman should be walking alone with her children.

snarl--The complexities of bureaucracy. From teaching school I am well informed about just how limited any sort of assistance can be on occasion.

I don't know --I just don't like how hard life is at times for many--through no real fault of their own.

I could have guessed that she wouldn't accept a ride. Not all of these people are really in trouble, you know. Seems like if she was really homeless, and especially with a couple of children in tow, she would have jumped at the chance for a ride to a shelter.

I could have guessed that she wouldn't accept a ride. Not all of these people are really in trouble, you know. Seems like if she was really homeless, and especially with a couple of children in tow, she would have jumped at the chance for a ride to a shelter.

There is that possibility and I would rather it be that than what I know is happening a lot around here. She had a little blanket spread out for the kids and they were just sitting there quietly.

Clearly I had heard too much news--Jodi and her problems, the 3 women in Cleveland and whatever else I have heard lately.

Fortunately this area is one of the safer places in town.

If she needed help I hope she found some.

Why are we talking about abuse? Jodi Aria used that defense to try to get away with murder.

I am offended that she dare try to convince people that she, (Jodi) was abused. There was no evidence of abuse whatsoever. And to lend credence to any more of her lies, is demeaning and offensive to those of us that have actually experienced real and true abuse.

She drove a thousand miles to her so called abuser, yeah right

She demeans women who were abused in my opinion. Like I stated before, i hope she fry's.

There is that possibility and I would rather it be that than what I know is happening a lot around here. She had a little blanket spread out for the kids and they were just sitting there quietly.

Clearly I had heard too much news--Jodi and her problems, the 3 women in Cleveland and whatever else I have heard lately.

How many stories have you heard where.people.said, I can't believe ythat happened here. It's such a great neighborhood.

Even after being convicted of premeditated murder of Travis Alexander, Jodi Arias shows zero remorse. She does an interview just minutes after the verdict, and trashes everyone that she thinks wronged her. She is truly a special kind of monster

How many stories have you heard where.people.said, I can't believe ythat happened here. It's such a great neighborhood.

People in this area are pretty vocal about crime and related issues. All it really takes is a random person intent on harming others--anytime and anywhere--that's a given.

I guess I am tired of crime and lack of options for preventing it. The government gets a 'D-' from me for its meager efforts to provide options. I don't care who is running the government, fwiw.

sorry to hijack the thread--I really don't have much to contribute to Jodi's issues. At some point whatever went so horribly wrong in her life there should have been some intervention--but sadly I have come to conclude that maybe there isn't much that can be done, at least for 'some'.

Some choose to build bombs and kill innocent people--for political and/or religious reasons, or so we are told. Others choose other forms of violence. This affects others in many ways.

And then there are natural disasters.

sigh.

Time to focus on baseball, eh? Tired from pulling weeds. Sore muscles, too.

Let me preface this by saying I think that Jodi Arias is guilty as hell and I would have been disappointed in our jury trial system if they had found otherwise.

Having said that, let me ask you something. You speak of "justice" and applaud the guilty verdict. Well and good. But you do understand, don't you, that a not guilty verdict can just as easily equate with "justice" as a guilty verdict? It would not have in this case, but generally speaking. You do understand that, right?

The reason I say this is that, whenever someone is found guilty, I hear poster after poster here talking about how "justice" has been served. I rarely hear that when a not guilty verdict comes in.

Maybe people are so happy when a guilty verdict is reached because OJ and Casey Anthony got a free ride.

Maybe. And maybe there is just something in people, regardless of OJ and Casey Anthony, that compels them to gather in the streets and pelt the condemned person with garbage as he/she is being carted to the gallows.

I watched the crowds of people cheering and hopping up and down when the verdict was announced, and I thought, show a little dignity, folks. But the mobs never do.

Not everybody does that. It is still a heartbreaking situation. I'm glad that justice prevailed, but I am far from happy. No matter what happens to Jodi, Travis will never get his life back.

I understand your feelings. I'm sure similar feelings prompted the mob to hop up and down and cheer. All I'm saying is, in spite of the depth of your feelings, react with dignity. Don't grab a torch and a pitchfork and fall in line to pop her out of jail and string her up to a tree. (And I trust you know I am not referring to "you" literally but, rather, to people in general.)

I would like to think we have progressed from the times of public executions where the mob gathered, bright-eyed with expectation, lusting for the moment of death. Frankly, I don't think we have.

The medical examiner will be on the stand on Wednesday to explain in detail the pain and suffering Travis went through. I can see why they cheered, absolutely, especially in light of other cases where jurors let obviously guilty people walk from heinous crimes that they most assuredly committed.

Of course they all claim their innocence. That is an old joke.

I also think it was because of the OJ and Casey Anthony verdict that people cheered the verdict. They were just relieved that she was not going to walk.

Even after being convicted of premeditated murder of Travis Alexander, Jodi Arias shows zero remorse. She does an interview just minutes after the verdict, and trashes everyone that she thinks wronged her. She is truly a special kind of monster

Actually, I saw her saying that she hopes the verdict will give his family some peace and allow them to move on. Did you miss that part?

Also, why would you show remorse if you didn't think you did wrong?

Last edited:

People in this area are pretty vocal about crime and related issues. All it really takes is a random person intent on harming others--anytime and anywhere--that's a given.

I guess I am tired of crime and lack of options for preventing it. The government gets a 'D-' from me for its meager efforts to provide options. I don't care who is running the government, fwiw.

sorry to hijack the thread--I really don't have much to contribute to Jodi's issues. At some point whatever went so horribly wrong in her life there should have been some intervention--but sadly I have come to conclude that maybe there isn't much that can be done, at least for 'some'.

Some choose to build bombs and kill innocent people--for political and/or religious reasons, or so we are told. Others choose other forms of violence. This affects others in many ways.

And then there are natural disasters.

sigh.

Time to focus on baseball, eh? Tired from pulling weeds. Sore muscles, too.

Don't let it get you down, focus on positive things if you can. And I should take my own advice! : )

I once had a psychologist friend who never watched the news on television, never read a newspaper. That was before the Internet, but I can imagine that she would avoid the Internet like the plague! : ) I couldn't believe it! I asked her if she didn't think keeping up with current events was a civic responsibility. She said that if there was something she needed to know she would find out about it without constantly watching or reading news.

She was a very serene person.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back