Jobs Saved?

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
Republicans didn't want to hear about the number of jobs Obama saved. Remember? Now they're talking about how many jobs trump saved yesterday. Really? Because to me trump gave the company a huge tax break and we lost 1000 jobs yesterday

Republicans didn't want to hear about the number of jobs Obama saved. Remember? Now they're talking about how many jobs trump saved yesterday. Really? Because to me trump gave the company a huge tax break and we lost 1000 jobs yesterday

Indiana and Carrier made the agreement and Trump was instrumental to getting it done.

Carrier: State 'incentives' key to jobs deal

Carrier is getting a modest $7 million in financial incentives over the next 10 years from the state of Indiana to keep 1,000 jobs at an Indianapolis plant, sources familiar with the deal tells CNN.
That is just a fraction of the estimated $65 million a year it expected to save if it had moved those jobs to Mexico. It suggests that the incentives cited by Carrier were not the only factor in its decision to stay put.

The company will get $500,000 per year in state income tax refunds, as long as it keeps at least 1,069 manufacturing jobs in the state.

It's estimated Obungle's automotive bailout cost the American taxpayers between 9.3 billion and 16.6 billion dollars depending on source....7 million is chump change

Republicans didn't want to hear about the number of jobs Obama saved. Remember?
Yeah, I agree with Republicans on this one, I don't want to hear about them either because they were mostly theoretical "jobs saved" (as in; it's all on paper with no living, breath human being that can be pointed to), the Carrier deal saved ACTUAL JOBS held by ACTUAL PEOPLE, there are 1,000 or so families in Indiana that won't be facing imminent unemployment because of the deal.

Take off your partisan glasses for a moment and be happy for those people in Indiana and give the Donald just a little bit of credit, your head won't explode or anything.

What jobs did obaba save again?
Lots, and you didn't care then. Just pointing out your hypocrisy

Lots? That's not an answer, republican.....:lol:

Indiana and Carrier made the agreement and Trump was instrumental to getting it done.

Carrier is getting a modest $7 million in financial incentives over the next 10 years from the state of Indiana to keep 1,000 jobs at an Indianapolis plant, sources familiar with the deal tells CNN.
That is just a fraction of the estimated $65 million a year it expected to save if it had moved those jobs to Mexico. It suggests that the incentives cited by Carrier were not the only factor in its decision to stay put.

The company will get $500,000 per year in state income tax refunds, as long as it keeps at least 1,069 manufacturing jobs in the state.
Great so we lost 1000 jobs and gave the first of many million dollar tax breaks.

How do we pay our bills if we give millions of dollars in tax breaks to EVERY corporation.

Great so we lost 1000 jobs and gave the first of many million dollar tax breaks.

How do we pay our bills if we give millions of dollars in tax breaks to EVERY corporation.

You think we've been paying our bills for the last eight years?

Lots? That's not an answer, republican.....:lol:
Ok, how about every big three job and all their suppliers.

Obama got us out of Bush's great recession. He saved millions of jobs.

Trump lost 1000 and gave money away then made an empty threat to any more companies that tries to leave.

One already tried, carrier, and they succeeded.

Trump gave them tax breaks to send 1000 jobs overseas. No different than bush.

And why didn't carrier wait for Republicans to take charge next year and keep everyone here? So sounds like companies are still going to be leaving next year and trump will pay them millions. Great negotiator. No wonder he went bankrupt 8 times.

Don't change the subject just answer

Democrats didn't want to hear about the H1B programs or the offshoring or outsourcing.

It's estimated Obungle's automotive bailout cost the American taxpayers between 9.3 billion and 16.6 billion dollars depending on source....7 million is chump change
To say nothing of how Big Ears really screwed GM bond holders, but that fact is glossed over by the left and their media.

7 million is "modest" by you?

That's $7,000 per employee! For jobs that pay, what, $30,000 a year?

And that doesn't even count all the military contracts united technologies (Carrier's parent) has been promised we don't know about.

Wasn't this the kind of "Crony Capitalism" that Trumpenfuhrer said he was going to stop?

Don't change the subject just answer

Idiot, I responded to your question. You want to whine about saving 1,000 jobs and giving 7 million in tax breaks to do it. Let's talk about the money still owed to the American taxpayer for the auto bailouts, BILLIONS, or how about the BILLIONS wasted on solar energy...by the way where are all the green jobs the Big Eared disaster promised? Get over your butt hurt and stop your whining

Yup and I wonder who Selybob thinks it will cost the American taxpayer to support the fourteen thousand refugees douchebag is bringing into America. We will be paying for those assholes for decades

On average, each Middle Eastern refugee resettled in the United States costs an estimated $64,370 in the first five years, or $257,481 per household.

Multiply that by years and the 7 million is less than a drop in the bucket.

Democrats didn't want to hear about the H1B programs or the offshoring or outsourcing.

I agree, they didn't address that issue enough. But don't delude yourself into thinking it's going to stop with Trump.

Carrier just bitch slapped him out of $70,000,000.

Don't kid yourself. It is hi-larious to watch a bunch of people give a damn all of a sudden.

Forum List

Back