JMHO there is not proportionality

aris2chat

Gold Member
Feb 17, 2012
I've seen so much death, I've watched and read a great deal more.
I'm sorry for all innocents, but I can't see how the death of some kids from a beach building being targeted is any worse that people blowing planes out of the air or suicide bombing in Baghdad or dropping canister bombs in syria on civilians and palestinians camps or denying food and water in other countries letting hundreds starve.
As tragic as the beach deaths are, it was no holocaust or massacre. It was no intentional targeting of children. It was the result of war. Wage war on Israel with a few thousand rockets in a week and Israel will fire back. I don't hear the same global condemnations when children die in Lebanon, syria, iraq, Israel or anywhere else. There are real monsters out there seeking to harm children. A few kids that can't run as fast as their friends but they had no parents out there warning them where not to play?
What is worse than their death is the legacy of retaliation and violence that will follow. They will be lauded as heroes for playing and dying, but what of all the other children in the world that die while playing or going about their normal lives? Are they any less? Why are these children so much more important? Lose of any child is tragic but palestinians milk the press as if these are the only children killed in fighting or senseless violence.
Let the parent mourn in private as so many others have had to do around the world, then let them use the deaths not for more war but for peace so no other children on either side have to die. Let palestinians take to the streets in peaceful protest against the rockets being fired out and to call for talks where both sides can "negotiate" not make irresponsible and impossible demands.
I've know kids that have chosen to fight and children who were trapped between two or more sides and fired on from every direction. Death should be a motive to change things so no more have to die because of conflict.

Forum List

Back