Jimmy Carter's Grandson: 'It's Nice To Be Able To Hit Back'

Wouldn't he be the Third?

I always felt bad for Carter not being able to complete the mission of getting the hostages released.

He did complete the mission.

He kept them alive long enough for the Ayatooah and Reagan to conspire for their release.

That's not what I meant.

He didn't get the credit for the release of the hostages, which he would have, had he been re-elected.

That is nothing more than conjecture and hypothesis.

So, let me add mine: If Carter had been reelected, the hostages would not have been released.

He kept them alive long enough for the Ayatooah and Reagan to conspire for their release.

That's not what I meant.

He didn't get the credit for the release of the hostages, which he would have, had he been re-elected.

So, let me add mine: If Carter had been reelected, the hostages would not have been released.

YOU are correct, sir.

The Ayatollah said as much during the election process.

He set out to prove he could influence a democratic election to show his fellow Islamicists one of flaws of democracy.

And by doing so the GOP won the election.

Carter's Presidency was a failure, not because of any one thing, but the cumulative failures and missteps that happened.

From his plan to have a "windfall" tax in the middle of oil shortage to his giving away of the Panama Canal, to the "Malaise in America" speech and finally blaming the American people for "crisis of confidence that had struck at the very heart and soul of our national will.".. Not even mentioning he destruction of Détente started by Nixon with the grain embargo of Russia or the Hostages in Iran.

I am not saying that Carter was a bad man. Just not up for the Presidency, but he won because of Nixon and Carter's promise to bring honesty and morality back to the Government. (Sound familiar?)

His post-Presidency was alright with his work with Habitat for Humanity, but he ruined even that reputation rebuilding with his Anti-Israel stance.

James Carter IV, your grandfather is a good man and was a good president. He was mostly a victim of circumstances beyond his control.

Wouldn't he be the Third?

I always felt bad for Carter not being able to complete the mission of getting the hostages released.

Thanks to Reagan.

And as a booby prize for his efforts, his Iranian buddies released them almost an hour after his inauguration. Good ol' Super Ronnie! Had them quakin' in their shorts.

:lol:

That's not what I meant.

Bullshit.

The very reason they were still alive was do to Carter's efforts. The Iranians wanted to put them on trial for being spies..and Carter told them..if they did that..he would consider it an act of war.

The Iranians were ready to release the hostages until, for some "strange" reason..they weren't.

Carter's presidency was nothing short of disastrous. We're seeing his second term right now.

Guess you forgot about the "stagflation" and the oil company embargo.

Carter had a lot on the plate..and got the country righted again.

Volcker was a brilliant appointment and it was him that set the economy right. After 2 republican administrations completely screwed it up.

That's not what I meant.

Bullshit.

The very reason they were still alive was do to Carter's efforts. The Iranians wanted to put them on trial for being spies..and Carter told them..if they did that..he would consider it an act of war.

The Iranians were ready to release the hostages until, for some "strange" reason..they weren't.

Ah yes.. That super-double secret trip by G.H.W. Bush on a SR-71 to Iran to make a deal with them not to release the hostages until after President Reagan was sworn in.

Carter's presidency was nothing short of disastrous. We're seeing his second term right now.

Volcker was a brilliant appointment and it was him that set the economy right. After 2 republican administrations completely screwed it up.

Yes.. Imposing Windfall tax on the oil companies did a lot to increase the non-existent oil...

Right. And Increasing interest rates to double digits in the middles of a recession.. Another brilliant move.

Nothing was righted during his presidency. It was disastrous and in 1980 he was landslided. Carter was woefully inept at his job.

As a previous resident of the State of Georgia during Jimmy Carter's governorship, I can say for a fact that JC was a 'do nothing' governor. He was arguable the worst president to ever step foot in the White House, that is until Obama walked in. Obama has done more damage in the past 5 years than Jimmy Carter could have done in three lifetimes.

Hey Jimmeh, not to worry,your grandfather is no longer the worst president in history. Obama is.

looks like the apple didn't fall too far from the tree...Carter was a horrible President but he wasn't the low down dirty politics like his grandson..

That boy done made his grand-daddy proud. He also set a precedent. All is fair in the age of recorders and videos. Watch next time a Democrat "mis-speaks". We will get the lame-old "it was taken out of context". Further, if James IV were a Republican and did that to a Democrat, his name would be dragged through the mud by the press, his personal records would be opened, and every and any skeleton from his past would be sought out.

Hey Jimmeh, not to worry,your grandfather is no longer the worst president in history. Obama is.

looks like the apple didn't fall too far from the tree...Carter was a horrible President but he wasn't the low down dirty politics like his grandson..

That boy done made his grand-daddy proud. He also set a precedent. All is fair in the age of recorders and videos. Watch next time a Democrat "mis-speaks". We will get the lame-old "it was taken out of context". Further, if James IV were a Republican and did that to a Democrat, his name would be dragged through the mud by the press, his personal records would be opened, and every and any skeleton from his past would be sought out.

Democrats are a national joke. Obama as President, Biden as VP; Franken, Blumenthal, Warren and Menendez in the Senate. It's the Insane Clown Posse

Last edited:
Sometimes the view of a President get's better with the passage of time sometimes it gets worse in the case of Carter it has stayed the same he is a good man who was a bad President.

It's nice to hit back, man what a scum...but the Democrats wouldn't have anything without dirty politics

Like Obama wasn't hitting enough?, how Romney wouldn't show his tax returns, how Romney killed people, etc etc..nothing Romney said about the 47% was untrue...you people just don't like hearing the truth about yourselves and how dependent people are on the hand outs that you party Champions ALL at the expense of other, TAXPAYERS..
Just look at Obama's video, the life of Julia, perfect example of that in the 47%

I know, you republicans weren't patting that Fitzparick guy on the back for his undercover videos regarding ACORN right? :lol:

James Carter IV, your grandfather is a good man and was a good president. He was mostly a victim of circumstances beyond his control.

Presidential Rankings

26 Gerald Ford

27 Jimmy Carter

34 George W. Bush

Historical rankings of Presidents of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jimmy Carter was singlehandedly the worst president America has ever had. A total disgrace and the man responsible for Islamic terrorism spreading more than any other. Once the Shah of Iran was gone Iran went to Islamic hell on earth and he is the one responsible for it. A real liar, manipulator, communist, definitely not a christian bone in that mans body.

- Jeremiah

That's a CROCK OF CRAP.

Forum List

Back