Jimmy Carter is making sense finally at 90.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
Carter stunned everyone in an interview with Maureen Dowd including this on President Trump:"I think the media have been harder on Trump than any other president certainly that I've known about," Carter replied. "I think they feel free to claim that Trump is mentally deranged and everything else without hesitation."

He also stated that Obama said lots of pretty words but didn't follow through. The Left is quickly trying to dismiss his comments of course. Nothing undermines the Left more than the Truth spoken from one of their leaders.
Jimmy Carter interview: Five memorable lines - CNNPolitics

Actually he was 90 three years ago.

Fun fact --- Jimmy Carter has far outlived all his relatives. Both his parents and all his siblings died considerably younger and all of the same cause --- pancreatic cancer.

Carter's always been outspoken. He wasn't ever supposed to be part of the game. Never was part of the network.

It is so shocking when a politician speaks the truth, usually by accident but apparently not in this case. But even as a conservative I would add this: Trump has given the media an awful lot of tweets and things for them to jump on, it's like giving them the bullets to shoot him with. It is also however to their discredit that they do not give fair coverage to the good stuff he's done, such as pulling out of that ridiculous Paris Agreement. As for Obama's pretty words, yeah but don't they all do that? Presidents, senators, congresspersons, etc. How many times do we see somebody for something before they were against it, and vice versa.

Never seen the media so untied to overthrow the People's choice. At least they're paying a price for it.

It's gotten progressively worse with every Republican president.

Always thought that Jimmy Carter was the least corrupt of all the living ex Presidents.

Carter stunned everyone in an interview with Maureen Dowd including this on President Trump:"I think the media have been harder on Trump than any other president certainly that I've known about," Carter replied. "I think they feel free to claim that Trump is mentally deranged and everything else without hesitation."

He also stated that Obama said lots of pretty words but didn't follow through. The Left is quickly trying to dismiss his comments of course. Nothing undermines the Left more than the Truth spoken from one of their leaders.
Jimmy is simply trying to piss off the Democratic Party.

Good for Jimmy.
He's right about Trump's coverage. This whole horrible "controversy" over those 4 poor soldiers in Niger is an example. It got stirred and amplified and continued by a blood hungry press in order to trap Trump in yet another of his bumbling bullshit episodes. I don't dispute that he's likely to brag and lie and he's not very empathetic. But honestly, is there anyone who didn't know this already? The fact didn't need to be driven home over the bodies of those four men who DIED, people. They are the ones we should be thinking of, not Trump.
Capiche?

Good for Jimmy.
He's right about Trump's coverage. This whole horrible "controversy" over those 4 poor soldiers in Niger is an example. It got stirred and amplified and continued by a blood hungry press in order to trap Trump in yet another of his bumbling bullshit episodes. I don't dispute that he's likely to brag and lie and he's not very empathetic. But honestly, is there anyone who didn't know this already? The fact didn't need to be driven home over the bodies of those four men who DIED, people. They are the ones we should be thinking of, not Trump.
Capiche?
Are you a fan of "Destroy Israel" Jimmy?

I heard on the BBC World Service last night they say that Jimmy Carter has offered to go to North Korea to attempt to defuse the situation between Kim Jong-un and America and that he has mentioned this to The Donald's National Security Advisor who they said Jimmy Carter is friends with.

Some things transcend politics, averting a war situation is one of them and so respect to Jimmy Carter at the age of 93 years in age he is prepared to get involved.

I heard on the BBC World Service last night they say that Jimmy Carter has offered to go to North Korea to attempt to defuse the situation between Kim Jong-un and America and that he has mentioned this to The Donald's National Security Advisor who they said Jimmy Carter is friends with.

Some things transcend politics, averting a war situation is one of them and so respect to Jimmy Carter at the age of 93 years in age he is prepared to get involved.

He's done that before too.

Carter proudly notes his administration never went to war, never dropped a bomb, never fired a shot. He's the only POTUS since Herbert Hoover (1929-1933) who can say that.

Never seen the media so untied to overthrow the People's choice. At least they're paying a price for it.

Trump is not, was not the 'people's choice.' He did not win the popular vote. It is false to claim he is the 'people's choice.'

Trump is not, was not the 'people's choice.' He did not win the popular vote. It is false to claim he is the 'people's choice.'
Where have you been you old prig?

Matter of fact no less than 45% of eligible voters didn't even bother to go vote at all.

For those scoring at home (or even if you're by yourself) 46% of 55% = 25%.

Good for Jimmy.
Capiche?
I'm not very political, Indee. I would applaud whoever said those words.

He was the people's choice in the majority of states.

He's done that before too.

Carter proudly notes his administration never went to war, never dropped a bomb, never fired a shot. He's the only POTUS since Herbert Hoover (1929-1933) who can say that.
That we know about. And also because they crashed in the desert before they got the chance.

Good for Jimmy.
Capiche?
You mean you don't care for politics or you don't know much about political personalities.

An edited speech by Hitler would make him appear to be a leader to admired by all nations.

He's a bit old for a trip like that, Lucy. I'm sure the spirit is willing, but he should stay home and have a conference with them via Skype.

Good for Jimmy.
Capiche?
You mean you don't care for politics or you don't know much about political personalities.

An edited speech by Hitler would make him appear to be a leader to admired by all nations.
Are you trying to make some kind of point here?

Forum List

Back