Jimmy Carter Comments On Obama Policy In Iraq.

TooTall

Gold Member
Apr 17, 2013
Add Jimmy Carter’s name to two other Democrats, Hillary Clinton and Leon Panetta, that are critical of Obama’s policy on ISIS.

[W]e waited too long. We let the Islamic State build up its money, capability and strength and weapons while it was still in Syria,” he said, using an alternate name for the terrorist group. “Then when [ISIL] moved into Iraq, the Sunni Muslims didn’t object to their being there and about a third of the territory in Iraq was abandoned.”

“I really object to the killing of people, particularly Americans overseas who haven’t been brought to justice and put on trial,” citing the administration’s acknowledgmentin 2013 that it had killed four U.S. citizens with drones in the Middle East. Carter said those killings “[violate] our Constitution and human rights.”

Jimmy Carter President Obama blew it on ISIL - Jonathan Topaz - POLITICO.com

Add Jimmy Carter’s name to two other Democrats, Hillary Clinton and Leon Panetta, that are critical of Obama’s policy on ISIS.

[W]e waited too long. We let the Islamic State build up its money, capability and strength and weapons while it was still in Syria,” he said, using an alternate name for the terrorist group. “Then when [ISIL] moved into Iraq, the Sunni Muslims didn’t object to their being there and about a third of the territory in Iraq was abandoned.”

“I really object to the killing of people, particularly Americans overseas who haven’t been brought to justice and put on trial,” citing the administration’s acknowledgmentin 2013 that it had killed four U.S. citizens with drones in the Middle East. Carter said those killings “[violate] our Constitution and human rights.”

While Jimmy may be technically right, he of all people hardly has the moral authority to criticize Obama's Islamic policies when his own were certainly questionable and given his well publicized overt support for Palestinian terrorists over the interests of Israel.

Carter sees the opportunity to have his name removed from the "worst ever".....so he is taking advantage of it.

Pretty hysterical when the president recognized as the most incompetent ever is pointing out gross incompetency!!!:boobies::boobies::up:

I have to admit.......as a teenager, I voted for Carter. All these years later and being convinced we'd never see anybody near as incompetent, along comes Soetero. At least Carter had the balls to sometimes own up to fuck-ups..........this guy we have now throws everybody under the bus. Both were amazingly incompetent, but nobody ever thought Carter was a phoney or deceitful.

While Jimmy may be technically right, he of all people hardly has the moral authority to criticize Obama's Islamic policies when his own were certainly questionable and given his well publicized overt support for Palestinian terrorists over the interests of Israel.

You will have to find someone else to argue that, since I completely disagreed with Carter's support of Israel's enemies. I merely find it interesting that he would criticize his fellow Democrat and am waiting for the liberals on USMB to call Carter a racist. How long do you think I will have to wait?

Please hold your breath whilst you wait...

I already knew the answer to my question. Only Republicans or Conservatives are racists when they criticize Obama. Never a Democrat. LMFAO.

Pretty hysterical when the president recognized as the most incompetent ever is pointing out gross incompetency!!!:boobies::boobies::up:

I have to admit.......as a teenager, I voted for Carter. All these years later and being convinced we'd never see anybody near as incompetent, along comes Soetero. At least Carter had the balls to sometimes own up to fuck-ups..........this guy we have now throws everybody under the bus. Both were amazingly incompetent, but nobody ever thought Carter was a phoney or deceitful.

Yes I will give Carter props for owning up to and accepting responsibility for the disappointments and failures in his own administration when they became obvious. He didn't blame the previous administration and he didn't throw people under the bus. I don't question his personal integrity, but only his judgment and competency.

Again he isn't wrong about Obama, but given his own track record, the criticism does come across as somehow inappropriate.

Last edited:

Yes I will give Carter props for owning up to and accepting responsibility for the disappointments and failures in his own administration when they became obvious. He didn't blame the previous administration and he didn't throw people under the bus. I don't question his personal integrity, but only his judgment and competency.

Again he isn't wrong about Obama, but given his own track record, it does come across as somehow inappropriate.

Only cause Ford was good props for Chevy Chase and Carter wasn't...

Again he isn't wrong about Obama, but given his own track record, it does come across as somehow inappropriate.

Only cause Ford was good props for Chevy Chase and Carter wasn't...

The only reason Carter beat Ford in 1976 was because Ford pardoned Nixon. Otherwise Ford had a sufficiently good track record that I think he would have won election fairly easily. But that rang so wrong with most of the American public that they wouldn't overlook or forgive him for it.

Please hold your breath whilst you wait...

I already knew the answer to my question. Only Republicans or Conservatives are racists when they criticize Obama. Never a Democrat. LMFAO.
Well now that will show ya to be a part of the confederate state of the US..
The Confederacy 'disappeared' in 1865. Try and keep up, OK!
Not really . It was alive and well in the 1990's the last time I went to a keg party..

Carter sees the opportunity to have his name removed from the "worst ever".....so he is taking advantage of it.

Dubya left office with a lower approval rating than Jimmy.

Carter had a Democrat majority in the House and Senate to provide cover for him. Bush had a Democrat House and Senate that dumped on him every chance they got. A daily tally of the KIA in Iraq and Afghanistan by the MSM didn't help Bush. That completely disappeared once Obama took office.

Dubya left office with a lower approval rating than Jimmy.
it is not how you are viewed when you leave office. It is how history views you.

Everyday of the current administration, Bush's ratings as a President have risen.

Forum List

Back