Jim Webb running for president

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/03/us/politics/jim-webb-on-the-issues.html
Jim Webb officially announced that he is running for president. I have no idea why Democrat candidates keep announcing their campaigns. They have no chances to compete with Hillary Clinton who has extremely high support among democrat voters. Is there anything good to say about this man? It's not like I'm going to vote for dems but still...

He was a Republican before becoming a Democrat. He was the Secretary of the Navy, and has a very honorable Military Career, was a Senator and Assistant Secretary of Defense, so yeah there is many good things to write about the man.

I would vote for him even if he is a Democrat and have nothing but respect for the man...

Jim Webb - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
Total asshole.
Webb Bush have terse exchange over Iraq - USATODAY.com
Reading the entire article, I came across this:

Webb left the GOP, in part over the Iraq war. He warned against the invasion, and criticized Bush over Iraq during the Senate campaign. He said he meant no disrespect to the presidency during the reception, but "I've always made a distinction about not speaking personally about my son." In interviews during the campaign, Webb said it was wrong to elevate the role of one Marine over others. Webb also expressed concern that a high profile could subject a Marine to greater peril.

Has your standard been eroded in determining who might or might not be a total asshole that you would regard Sen. Webb one because he did not want to speak personally of his Marine son?
Wow, the Media Matters has been working overtime. Webb left the Reagan administration over disputes about the Military. You might hate his republican affiliation or you might hate his lack of party loyalty but you gotta love his independence. What do you like about Hillary?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/03/us/politics/jim-webb-on-the-issues.html
Jim Webb officially announced that he is running for president. I have no idea why Democrat candidates keep announcing their campaigns. They have no chances to compete with Hillary Clinton who has extremely high support among democrat voters. Is there anything good to say about this man? It's not like I'm going to vote for dems but still...

If the dear leader proved anything, it's the hildabeast is not bullet proof. At this point in 06 she was looking forward to her coronation, just like she is now. All the media was propping her up, just like they are now. All that is subject to change, just like then.

His entry just adds to the depth of the DNC primary field. One party gets a guy like Webb....the other gets the Donald. Think about that for a minute.

Webb is to the right of Clinton and he's not looney tunes. He's as far right as this nation is willing to go. I think many nutters would have a real dilemma choosing between him and Jeb.

Jim Webb, a decorated Marine with a son who served in Iraq, was right to scold Dubya the moron. He was the best at it. A man talking down to a child.

i don't buy that. He was hissy to the President at a formal function. If he wanted to really have a talk about how the Iraq War policy should be changed, then he should have done it in a better way.

His other great claim to fame was resigning as Navy Secretary when Reagan proposed cutting ships the Navy didn't really want to start with.

His Senate Career was one of a guy who really didn't accomplish much and couldn't work with others.

I just don't see how he makes an effective president when he wasn't an effective senator or Navy Secretary.

Wow, the Media Matters has been working overtime. Webb left the Reagan administration over disputes about the Military. You might hate his republican affiliation or you might hate his lack of party loyalty but you gotta love his independence. What do you like about Hillary?

we don't need a President who is "independent". We need a president who can sit down with both sides and work with them on solutions to problems.

Frankly, what I see with Webb is a guy who can't work with either Democrats or Republicans. His own ego is a bit too big.

As a thoroughly independent voter, Webb seems about the most appealing candidate to date. Ms Clinton disqualified herself with the vote to invade Iraq. The Republican offerings are inexplicable unless that party has renounced any possibility of winning the White House.
Third candidates are always welcome. Mr. Sanders is a virtual one. He might shake things up in a positive way. Otherwise, my shopping is not done.

As a thoroughly independent voter, Webb seems about the most appealing candidate to date. Ms Clinton disqualified herself with the vote to invade Iraq. The Republican offerings are inexplicable unless that party has renounced any possibility of winning the White House.
Third candidates are always welcome. Mr. Sanders is a virtual one. He might shake things up in a positive way. Otherwise, my shopping is not done.
He's the only candidate from either "major" party I'm looking at.

Otherwise, it's alternate party for me, again.

we don't need a President who is "independent". We need a president who can sit down with both sides and work with them on solutions to problems.

Frankly, what I see with Webb is a guy who can't work with either Democrats or Republicans. His own ego is a bit too big.
Someone who can sit down with both sides. That leaves out Hilary and probably at least twelve out of fourteen Republican candidates as well.

Jim Webb, a decorated Marine with a son who served in Iraq, was right to scold Dubya the moron. He was the best at it. A man talking down to a child.

i don't buy that. He was hissy to the President at a formal function. If he wanted to really have a talk about how the Iraq War policy should be changed, then he should have done it in a better way.

His other great claim to fame was resigning as Navy Secretary when Reagan proposed cutting ships the Navy didn't really want to start with.

His Senate Career was one of a guy who really didn't accomplish much and couldn't work with others.

I just don't see how he makes an effective president when he wasn't an effective senator or Navy Secretary.
Sounds almost exactly like the kind of superficial characterizations you hear on FOX News every day.

Forum List

Back