Could he win against Republicans?

• Yes

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters

ret54cmh55

Oct 3, 2015
I don't know why more people aren't talking about Jim Webb given everything that's happening overseas. He seems like the only candidate who has the experience to properly deal with the situations, and the leaders, in China, Iran, Russia, and Syria.

WEBB, James H. (Jim) - Biographical Information

Also, how is being a moderate democrat not conducive with winning the nomination? The fact that he's moderate says that he's able to understand and empathize with many perspectives. I feel like that would be a valuable trait for a US president, as well as for someone who needs to manage conflict around the world.

He received the Navy Cross, Silver Star, two Bronze Stars, and two Purple Hearts during the Vietnam war, and he seems very humble about receiving them.

Those decorations are given to people who "show extraordinary heroism" while engaged in battle, and thus, show nobility and courage. Integrity is a rarity in politics. We should feel lucky that someone like him has decided to run for presidency, given that he has already served our country more than most people ever will.

His wide variety of experiences, and his irrefutable character exemplified throughout these experiences, should be enough of a reason for more people to talk about him.

Webb is one of the few Democrats I can stomach.

Kasich and Rubio the only Republicans

Jim Webb doesn't have the temperament to be President.

He didn't have the temperament to be Navy Secretary when he quit over decommissioning ships the Navy didn't really want that badly.

He didn't have the temperament to be a Senator when he threw a hissy-fit at a White House reception.

If George Allan hadn't made a dumb racist comment, we'd have never heard of this guy.

He's a moderate democrat. He's a writer. He's principled. I think he'll do a great job. His temperament is the energy America needs right now. And his vision is where we need to go. I think it's a win-win.

Webb is a respectable man. Ideology not so much but the left are hung up on the biggest losers in their party.
Webb would have to say all the stupid shit Hillary & Bernie say to get any traction.

I don't know why more people aren't talking about Jim Webb given everything that's happening overseas. He seems like the only candidate who has the experience to properly deal with the situations, and the leaders, in China, Iran, Russia, and Syria.

Also, how is being a moderate democrat not conducive with winning the nomination? The fact that he's moderate says that he's able to understand and empathize with many perspectives. I feel like that would be a valuable trait for a US president, as well as for someone who needs to manage conflict around the world.

He received the Navy Cross, Silver Star, two Bronze Stars, and two Purple Hearts during the Vietnam war, and he seems very humble about receiving them.

Those decorations are given to people who "show extraordinary heroism" while engaged in battle, and thus, show nobility and courage. Integrity is a rarity in politics. We should feel lucky that someone like him has decided to run for presidency, given that he has already served our country more than most people ever will.

His wide variety of experiences, and his irrefutable character exemplified throughout these experiences, should be enough of a reason for more people to talk about him.

He'd be my choice, but it ain't gonna happen.

Especially with this: Jim Webb says Democratic Party has lost its way

“The Democratic Party has lost the message that made it such a great party for so many years, and that message was: Take care of working people, take care of the people who have no voice in the corridors of power, no matter their race, ethnicity or any other reason,” Webb said. “The Democratic Party has basically turned into a party of interest groups.”

Last edited:

“The Democratic Party has lost the message that made it such a great party for so many years, and that message was: Take care of working people, take care of the people who have no voice in the corridors of power, no matter their race, ethnicity or any other reason,” Webb said. “The Democratic Party has basically turned into a party of interest groups.”

So true..

Anyone telling the truth would be banned by the party

I created a thread way back when he made that comment. It dropped like a rock. That's why I said he would have to copy the others with their free & pc bullshit to get any traction.

The advent of social media has had a negative impact on our politics just like every other aspects of life imo

I created a thread way back when he made that comment. It dropped like a rock. That's why I said he would have to copy the others with their free & pc bullshit to get any traction.

The advent of social media has had a negative impact on our politics just like every other aspects of life imo

The minute he questioned using the race card he was toast.

I think I have the BLM incident mixed up between Webb & O'Malley. Webb was the one that said the democratic party has gone too far left.
Yeah, that pretty well fucked him.

“I think this is where Democrats screw up, you know?” Webb said. “I think that they have kind of unwittingly used this group, white working males, as a whipping post for a lot of their policies. And then when they react, they say they're being racist.”

Holy crap, that cuts to the very core of the regressive Left. A GOP candidate might well have said, "yeah, that whole God thing is bullshit".

That was it for him.

Jim Webb and the Democrats’ white-man problem

I think I have the BLM incident mixed up between Webb & O'Malley. Webb was the one that said the democratic party has gone too far left.
Yeah, that pretty well fucked him.

“I think this is where Democrats screw up, you know?” Webb said. “I think that they have kind of unwittingly used this group, white working males, as a whipping post for a lot of their policies. And then when they react, they say they're being racist.”

Holy crap, that cuts to the very core of the regressive Left. A GOP candidate might well have said, "yeah, that whole God thing is bullshit".

That was it for him.

Jim Webb and the Democrats’ white-man problem

Well, we can see why YOU Like the guy. He totally supports your sense of White Privilege.

The reality is, he's an ill-tempered oppurtunist who was a shitty senator and a shitty navy secretary. Why would we want him to be a shitty president?

Forum List

Back