Jim Dement: Obama planning massive Land Grab in U.S.

The federal overnment taking over 10 million acres of private land for federal use is A-OK with you.

Yeah! It's only ok when corporations and private developers do this through eminent domain! Don't you know anything? We are not allowed to have public lands because that is COMMUNIST!!!!

Don't tell that to ranchers who have BLM land!:razz:

I know the guy my brother works for makes money off of BLM land, while paying a cheap rate to rent/lease the land.

How come you're so stupid? Is it a natural gift or did you have to work at it?

Am I? What did I say that isn't true? Corporations are doing everything in their power to GET RID of the labor they have, hence the downsizing and outsourcing in order to bring in even bigger profits for shareholders and CEO's. The last thing they want to do is create more jobs or hire people. That cuts into PROFIT.

The federal overnment taking over 10 million acres of private land for federal use is A-OK with you.

Yeah! It's only ok when corporations and private developers do this through eminent domain! Don't you know anything? We are not allowed to have public lands because that is COMMUNIST!!!!

I know the guy my brother works for makes money off of BLM land, while paying a cheap rate to rent/lease the land.

They don't "have" BLM land. They rent it, and they have to fence off the waterways.

Am I? What did I say that isn't true? Corporations are doing everything in their power to GET RID of the labor they have, hence the downsizing and outsourcing in order to bring in even bigger profits for shareholders and CEO's. The last thing they want to do is create more jobs or hire people. That cuts into PROFIT.

Evidence that medical marijuana does have its down side.

Peepers, you're almost as retarded as coldfusion & dante.

Profit is what drives business. They make profits, they expand, they hire more. There is a recession - had you heard that? In a downturn, companies downsize.... to save their companies and try to secure as many as their workforce as they can.

Is basic economics beyond your comprehension?

They don't "have" BLM land. They rent it, and they have to fence off the waterways.

I think I stated they rent/lease the land, and they didn't have to fence off the waterways on the two ranches my brother worked on.

Last edited:

Obviously, I am not the one with comprehension problems in economics. Do you deny that there is a full-on war on labor that has been going on for decades?

Corporations and developers create jobs.

They do? When? Where have they been the past two years? I know they've been giving their CEO's million dollar bonuses, especially when they eff up, but there haven't been many jobs created...

How convenient of you to dodge the question. Good Tea Bagger you are.

Profit is what drives business. They make profits, they expand, they hire more. There is a recession - had you heard that? In a downturn, companies downsize.... to save their companies and try to secure as many as their workforce as they can.

And offer their key employees huge bonuses......as Peepers said...:cuckoo:

So what? You think you should be able to dictate how people spend their money, put a cap on how much people can earn?

Coiuld you imagine had Bush done this?

My Lord... the lefties would have shat themselves... repeatedly.

Not exactly. A business need to make a profit, otherwise they simply can't operate as no one is going to work for free, or work if it costs them to work. Obviously the only way to make a profit is sell more in your product/service than it takes to produce the product/service. If the buyers aren't there, sometimes the only way to keep turning a profit is to lower your cost of production, and that almost always results in cutting jobs/positions.

Though i think Mr. Peepers is going WAY overboard, especially with this "war on labor" comment. If you think any company is going out of it's way or making it a goal to slash it's work force as much as possible, then you're simply an idiot. Companies hire people as they need to. If business is good and expanding, that usually leads to more hiring, but a business simply can't hire people just to hire people; they need to be able to pay for them.

Jobs are sent overseas simply because the job can be done for exponentially cheaper that way, not because any CEO's hate american workers. I'd bet that the overwhelming majority of business owners would love to employ american workers instead but the costs are just too high. Quite simply, if i don't send some of my jobs overseas for that cost savings and my competitor does, i'm at a big disadvantage. He can now take that saved money and re-invest it in the business while still maintaining the profit margins he needs to keep investors happy.

I'll also say this. If you're upset at CEOs for sending jobs overseas, then your rage is probably misplaced. A giant culprit in the loss of jobs that last 10 years is increased productivity through IT. I'm a business systems analyst and i've personally done some big projects for my company that are almost single handedly responsible for the loss of at least 25 jobs over the last 5 years, and the company has only 500 people or so. That's just my projects while there are many other BSAs at the company. I sure didn't like the feeling of knowing that i had a hand in putting a lot of nice people out of work, but if we didn't pursue things like this, our entire company would eventually be put out of business by a competitor that does, which leads to much more job loss.

Fact is, the more we innovate technologically, the easier and cheaper it becomes to automate people out of jobs. This also applies to car companies (for example) designing robots to do much of their production and assembly.

Last edited:
Now for a post on topic. :)

The piece by DeMint is extremely vague. I wouldn't want to make comments on it either way based on only that. Though i'm a bit naive when it comes to the premise. Could the government basically just kick you out of your own house for no apparent reason if they "need" the land it sits on? What's the procedure/law on that?

Last edited:
How much land is 10,000,000 acres?

10,000,000 acres x .00015625 = 1,562.5 square miles -

That's a square with sides that are 39.52 miles long.

FYI: the lower 48 states are 2,959,064.44 sq mi

There's the numbers for you consideration.

Now, the important question isn't how big but where and who owns it?

This might be a land grab, agreed.

This be also the government buying up their cronny's worthless land.

Or this might be a damned fine idea.

Really... we don't know.

Until we know the particulars about this story, we essantially know nothing important.

Oh noooo, math problem.

10,000,000 acres = 15,625 square miles.

Though i think Mr. Peepers is going WAY overboard, especially with this "war on labor" comment.

There is a war on labor in this country. Wages have been stagnating and are now declining since the 70's. For the wage slave, that is. However, the CEO's wages are now 400x that of the lowest paid employee. With stock options, that can go as high as 500x. You do not see this as a war on labor?

This article was from BEFORE the meltdown in 2008.

Economy’s Gains Fail to Reach Most Workers’ Paychecks

Go figure. The 70s is when the democrats started shutting down land use and decimating industry in this country.

Forum List

Back