Jim Bunning Threatens To Resign

WTF are you talking about?

Abraham Lincoln was a Republican who was both a racist and trampler of human rights. Under your definition, he's a Dem.

Ahh, but you liberals worship him as a liberal messiah. Most liberals are quick to remind us that even thoughLincoln was a Republican, he was also a liberal. Can't have it both ways junior.

This gave me a good laugh.

The GOP just got put in their place badly. Though I wonder if they are truly THAT stupid to continue to do this to him.

depends on what Rush tells them to do. :eusa_whistle:

Actually, I think the GOP has gone all in hoping for Obama to fail. I think they'd rather have 60 seats go to dems for a while that way they can blame the dems if things go south... and if the dems succeed, they're finished anyway. So why not give the dems a filibuster proof majority?

That seems like a really cynical way of looking at things. I'm sure some are hoping Obama will fail but I know many people that are Republicans that don't want bad things to happen to America no matter who is the president. If you really think that how can you even stand to think about politics? :confused:

If we dare to hint that Obama's plans will take us (further) towards economic and social ruin, we are "hoping" for that.

This is the way they cushion defeat. They know their plans will take us to ruin; they don't care, it's what they want and what they think we (as a people...not them, individually...because "they" individually are smarter, better, and are above the rest of the people) deserve. But if they keep chanting "you want failure, you want failure" when failure comes, as it will unless Obama puts on the brakes (and he won't) they can say we somehow "hoped" it into existence. "How could this succeed when everyone wanted it to fail?" they'll whine.

If we dare to hint that Obama's plans will take us (further) towards economic and social ruin, we are "hoping" for that.

This is the way they cushion defeat. They know their plans will take us to ruin; they don't care, it's what they want and what they think we (as a people...not them, individually...because "they" individually are smarter, better, and are above the rest of the people) deserve. But if they keep chanting "you want failure, you want failure" when failure comes, as it will unless Obama puts on the brakes (and he won't) they can say we somehow "hoped" it into existence. "How could this succeed when everyone wanted it to fail?" they'll whine.

I know what you mean I feel that same kind of vibe coming off a lot of people.

Forum List

Back