JFK wouldn't be a Democrap today

today JFK would oppose...

Democraps support of late term abortions.
Democraps calling for more taxes to stimulate the economy.
Democraps slashing the DoD budget to 1940s levels while growing the entitlement monster with no cuts.
Democraps using the race card to win elections and keep the country divided.
Democraps forcing unions upon workers and taxpayers.
Democraps inventing global warming bullshit to tax and regulate people and companies.

JFK, like Reagan would have left the Democrap party years ago.

JFK introduced, ran on, and fought for the creation of Medicare:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI2iV6kbWBs]JOHN F. KENNEDY at MADISON SQUARE GARDEN - YouTube[/ame]

Now, therefore, his basic needs are taken care of. He owns his house. He has twenty-five hundred or three thousand dollars in the bank. And then his wife gets sick - and we're all going to be in a hospital, 9 out of 10 of us, before we finally pass away, and particularly when we're over 65 - now she is sick, not just for a week but for a long time. First goes the twenty-five hundred dollars - that's gone. Next he mortgages his house, even though he may have some difficulty making the payments out of his social security. Then he goes to his children, who themselves are heavily burdened because they're paying for their houses and they are paying for their sicknesses, and they want to educate their children. Then their savings begin to go. . .

So therefore now, what is he going to do? His savings are gone - his children's savings, they're contributing though they have responsibilities of their own - and he finally goes in and signs a petition saying he's broke and needs assistance.

Now what do we say? We say that during his working years he will contribute to Social Security, as he has in the case of his retirement, twelve or thirteen dollars a month. When he becomes ill, or she becomes ill over a long period of time, he first pays ninety dollars, so that people will not abuse him. But then let's say he has a bill of fifteen hundred dollars. . . . But let's say it's fifteen hundred dollars, of which a thousand dollars are hospital bills. This bill will pay that thousand dollars in hospital bills. And then I believe that he, and the effort that he makes and his family, can meet his other responsibilities.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c8l6sfTnlo]JOHN F.KENNEDY AT MADISON SQUARE GARDEN PART 2 - YouTube[/ame]

That's what we are going to do today, we are trying. We are trying. And what we're talking about here is true in a variety of other ways. All the great revolutionary movements of the Franklin Roosevelt administration in the thirties we now take for granted. But I refuse to see us live on the accomplishments of another generation. I refuse to see this country, and all of us, shrink from these struggles which are our responsibility in our time. Because what we are now talking about, in our children's day will seem to be the ordinary business of government. [Note: he was right! He--and his Medicare bill--did help shift our understanding of what the "ordinary business of government" should be.]
Every day I am reminded of how many things were left undone. Thirty years ago they provided that no drugs be put on the market which were unsafe for hogs and for cattle. We want to take the radical step of doing the same for human beings. Anyone who says that Woodrow Wilson, as great a President as he was, and Franklin Roosevelt and Harry Truman, that they did it all and we have nothing left to do now, is wrong.

We ask you, the citizens of this country, the responsible and thoughtful doctors, the hospital administrators, all those who face this challenge of educating our children, finding work for our older people, finding security for those who have retired, all who are committed to this great effort of moving this country forward: come and give us your help.

Last edited:
conservatives-how-see.jpg

JFK introduced, ran on, and fought for the creation of Medicare:

JOHN F. KENNEDY at MADISON SQUARE GARDEN - YouTube

Now, therefore, his basic needs are taken care of. He owns his house. He has twenty-five hundred or three thousand dollars in the bank. And then his wife gets sick - and we're all going to be in a hospital, 9 out of 10 of us, before we finally pass away, and particularly when we're over 65 - now she is sick, not just for a week but for a long time. First goes the twenty-five hundred dollars - that's gone. Next he mortgages his house, even though he may have some difficulty making the payments out of his social security. Then he goes to his children, who themselves are heavily burdened because they're paying for their houses and they are paying for their sicknesses, and they want to educate their children. Then their savings begin to go. . .

So therefore now, what is he going to do? His savings are gone - his children's savings, they're contributing though they have responsibilities of their own - and he finally goes in and signs a petition saying he's broke and needs assistance.

Now what do we say? We say that during his working years he will contribute to Social Security, as he has in the case of his retirement, twelve or thirteen dollars a month. When he becomes ill, or she becomes ill over a long period of time, he first pays ninety dollars, so that people will not abuse him. But then let's say he has a bill of fifteen hundred dollars. . . . But let's say it's fifteen hundred dollars, of which a thousand dollars are hospital bills. This bill will pay that thousand dollars in hospital bills. And then I believe that he, and the effort that he makes and his family, can meet his other responsibilities.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c8l6sfTnlo]JOHN F.KENNEDY AT MADISON SQUARE GARDEN PART 2 - YouTube[/ame]

That's what we are going to do today, we are trying. We are trying. And what we're talking about here is true in a variety of other ways. All the great revolutionary movements of the Franklin Roosevelt administration in the thirties we now take for granted. But I refuse to see us live on the accomplishments of another generation. I refuse to see this country, and all of us, shrink from these struggles which are our responsibility in our time. Because what we are now talking about, in our children's day will seem to be the ordinary business of government. [Note: he was right! He--and his Medicare bill--did help shift our understanding of what the "ordinary business of government should be.]
Every day I am reminded of how many things were left undone. Thirty years ago they provided that no drugs be put on the market which were unsafe for hogs and for cattle. We want to take the radical step of doing the same for human beings. Anyone who says that Woodrow Wilson, as great a President as he was, and Franklin Roosevelt and Harry Truman, that they did it all and we have nothing left to do now, is wrong.

We ask you, the citizens of this country, the responsible and thoughtful doctors, the hospital administrators, all those who face this challenge of educating our children, finding work for our older people, finding security for those who have retired, all who are committed to this great effort of moving this country forward: come and give us your help.
I mean, how much more conservative can you get than that, eh?

The 1960 Democratic platform on which he and the party ran was explicitly dedicated to fulfilling the Second (or Economic) Bill of Rights concept introduced by FDR in the 1944 State of the Union:

The right to a useful and remunerative job in the industries or shops or farms or mines of the nation;
The right to earn enough to provide adequate food and clothing and recreation;
The right of every farmer to raise and sell his products at a return which will give him and his family a decent living;
The right of every businessman, large and small, to trade in an atmosphere of freedom from unfair competition and domination by monopolies at home or abroad;
The right of every family to a decent home;
The right to adequate medical care and the opportunity to achieve and enjoy good health;
The right to adequate protection from the economic fears of old age, sickness, accident, and unemployment;
The right to a good education.

The 1960 platform helpfully numbers each one of these and lists below it how their platform aims to help achieve it.

I guess it's possible JFK wouldn't be a Democrat today--he might have been too far left for the contemporary Democratic party.

they jsut dont want to have to face that people like Bush and Nixon are who their party is

Nixon was a liberal at times: EPA and wage/price controls. Of course he was as dangerous as a Joe McCarthy or an Alan West.

The 1960 Democratic platform on which he and the party ran was explicitly dedicated to fulfilling the Second (or Economic) Bill of Rights concept introduced by FDR in the 1944 State of the Union:

The right to a useful and remunerative job in the industries or shops or farms or mines of the nation;
The right of every farmer to raise and sell his products at a return which will give him and his family a decent living;
The right of every businessman, large and small, to trade in an atmosphere of freedom from unfair competition and domination by monopolies at home or abroad;
The right to adequate medical care and the opportunity to achieve and enjoy good health;
The right to adequate protection from the economic fears of old age, sickness, accident, and unemployment;

The 1960 platform helpfully numbers each one of these and lists below it how their platform aims to help achieve it.

I guess it's possible JFK wouldn't be a Democrat today--he might have been too far left for the contemporary Democratic party.
JFK also signed by Executive Order the creation of the thing the wingnuts today call the Gestapo-like security force, you know, the Beckian labeled brownshirts known as

The Peace Corps.

Actually conservatives really have no problem with Bush or Nixon what we don't want saddled with is Obama.

I see in one post where credit is given to Nixon for being liberal when the liberal likes what was passed. What a crock this democrat party has become.

JFK also signed by Executive Order the creation of the thing the wingnuts today call the Gestapo-like security force, you know, the Beckian labeled brownshirts known as

The Peace Corps.

And don't forget his executive order on public sector unions!

Executive Order 10988 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Executive Order 10988, issued by President John F. Kennedy on January 17, 1962, recognized the right of federal employees to collective bargaining. This executive order was a breakthrough for public sector workers, who were not protected under the 1935 Wagner Act.
Labor historians believe that Executive Order 10988 served as a model for public sector unionism, even for local, municipal and state employees. Membership in AFSCME increased substantially during the 1960s and 1970s, and 22 states legalized collective bargaining for public sector workers.[6][7] Public sector strikes also increased many times over.[7]

Sounds like a hardcore conservative to me.

The Peace Corps.

Well it sure should be easy for you to find someone who made such a quote about the peace corps, we'll wait for you to provide it......waiting..........still waiting.......is it June yet?.............waiting..

BTW, is it Peace corps or pronounced Peace Corpse? The smartest man in the WH said the latter so I just want to make sure.

......and the minister of disinformation puts in his 2 cents worth.

The Peace Corps.

Well it sure should be easy for you to find someone who made such a quote about the peace corps, we'll wait for you to provide it......waiting..........still waiting.......is it June yet?.............waiting..

BTW, is it Peace corps or pronounced Peace Corpse? The smartest man in the WH said the latter so I just want to make sure.
You mean besides Glenn Beck?

When Obama does it, anyway.

FactCheck.org : Obama’s ‘National Security Force?’

Forum List

Back