JFK and the Unspeakable

JFK and the Unspeakable

Oliver Stone
Award-winning filmmaker
Posted: July 23, 2009 05:05 PM

The murder of President Kennedy was a seminal event for me and for millions of Americans. It changed the course of history. It was a crushing blow to our country and to millions of people around the world. It put an abrupt end to a period of a misunderstood idealism, akin to the spirit of 1989 when the Soviet bloc to began to thaw and 2008, when our new American President was fairly elected.

Today, more than 45 years later, profound doubts persist about how President Kennedy was killed and why. My film JFK was a metaphor for all those doubts, suspicions and unanswered questions. Now an extraordinary new book offers the best account I have read of this tragedy and its significance. That book is James Douglass's JFK and the Unspeakable: Why He Died and Why It Matters. It is a book that deserves the attention of all Americans; it is one of those rare books that, by helping us understand our history, has the power to change it.

The subtitle sums up Douglass's purpose: Why He Died and Why it Matters. In his beautifully written and exhaustively researched treatment, Douglass lays out the "motive" for Kennedy's assassination. Simply, he traces a process of steady conversion by Kennedy from his origins as a traditional Cold Warrior to his determination to pull the world back from the edge of destruction.

Many of these steps are well known, such as Kennedy's disillusionment with the CIA after the disastrous Bay of Pigs Invasion, and his refusal to follow the reckless recommendations of the Joint Chiefs of Staff in resolving the Cuban Missile Crisis. (This in itself was truly JFK's shining moment in the sun. It is likely that any other president from LBJ on would have followed the path to a general nuclear war.) Then there was the Test Ban Treaty and JFK's remarkable American University Speech where he spoke with empathy and compassion about the Soviet people, recognizing our common humanity, the fact that we all "inhabit this small planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's futures. And we are all mortal."

But many of his steps remain unfamiliar: Kennedy's back-channel dialogue with Khrushchev and their shared pursuit of common ground; his secret opening to dialogue with Fidel Castro (ongoing the very week of his assassination); and his determination to pull out of Vietnam after his probable re-election in 1964.

All of these steps caused him to be regarded as a virtual traitor by elements of the military-intelligence community. These were the forces that planned and carried out his assassination. Kennedy himself said, in 1962, after he read Seven Days in May, which is about a military coup in the United States, that if he had another Bay of Pigs, the same thing could happen to him. Well, he did have another "Bay of Pigs"; he had several. And I think Kennedy prophesied his own death with those words.

Why does it matter? The death of JFK remains a critical turning point in our history. Those who caused his death were targeting not just a man but a vision -- a vision of peace. There is no calculating the consequences of his death for this country and for the world. Those consequences endure. To a large extent, the fate of our country and the future of the planet continue to be controlled by the shadowy forces of what Douglass calls "the Unspeakable." Only by unmasking these forces and confronting the truth about our history can we restore the promise of democracy and lay claim to Kennedy's vision of peace.

But don't take my word for it. Read this extraordinary book and reach your own conclusions.
Link

Any similarity between Oliver Stone and actual history is purely coincidental.:cool:

Hey Gunny, your head's on fire and your brain has been incinerated...

This is a ridiculous thread. Maybe put all that thought into something worth while?
Never mind, you'd come up with the result anyway.

Oliver Stone directs some of the best comedies in hollywood. One of my favorites was JFK. It had me rolling in the aisles.

so the government of the united states murdering someone is funny to you.I see.Bill Clinton and and the Bush presidents love your kind.

This is a ridiculous thread. Maybe put all that thought into something worth while?
Never mind, you'd come up with the result anyway.

You are encouraging him to come up with a thread on how the Kennedys have never done anything wrong in their lives.

Oliver Stone directs some of the best comedies in hollywood. One of my favorites was JFK. It had me rolling in the aisles.

so the government of the united states murdering someone is funny to you.I see.Bill Clinton and and the Bush presidents love your kind.

There is zero evidence supporting the claim that the assissination of President Kennedy was part of any "government" conspiracy.

There IS some reason to believe that if Lee Harvey Oswald was involved in the assassination of President Kennedy at all, that he did not act alone. But that he might have had some accomplices in some kind of a conspiracy is FAR from evidence that the government was implicated in any way.

There is even less evidence that the 9-11-2001 atroctites were inflicted on Americans by our own government.

There is SOLID evidence that YOU are an imbecile.

Pshaw! Here we are in the 21st Century, three years after EVERY JFK assassination conspiracy has been thoroughly debunked, and we still have some idiots who take OLIVER STONE as some kind of expert on it? :rofl:

the only idiots are the ones that ignore the facts that Oliver stone has documented in his film of his.I know cause that film got me interested in the assassination to where I read over a 100 books on it and interviewed witnesses that were there that day.Stone was a 100 times closer to the truth than the fairy tale warren comission was.your right about the Obama thing though,Sealybobo I know is blind to Obama's shortcomings,the other poster you just showed,displayed his/hers as well.

There is zero evidence supporting the claim that the assissination of President Kennedy was part of any "government" conspiracy.

There IS some reason to believe that if Lee Harvey Oswald was involved in the assassination of President Kennedy at all, that he did not act alone. But that he might have had some accomplices in some kind of a conspiracy is FAR from evidence that the government was implicated in any way.

There is even less evidence that the 9-11-2001 atroctites were inflicted on Americans by our own government.

other way around,solid evidence YOU are an imbecile living in denial.

theres tons of evidence out there that proves it,just cause you dont want to see it doesnt mean there isnt.:cuckoo:

also there is even far more evidence that 9/11 was an inside job even more so than there is that the kennedy assassination was an inside job.again just because you only see what you WANT to see,doesnt mean people like me and this thread starter are imbeciles.You and the other deniars clearly are though.

theres tons of evidence out there that proves it,just cause you dont want to see it doesnt mean there isnt.:cuckoo:

also there is even far more evidence that 9/11 was an inside job even more so than there is that the kennedy assassination was an inside job.again just because you only see what you WANT to see,doesnt mean people like me and this thread starter are imbeciles.You and the other deniars clearly are though.

No. There is absolutely no CREDIBLE rational believable evidence that any sane person would place stock in.

You "troofers" are quite plainly goobers. Clinical. Dopey. Stupid. Nuts. Oh, and boring as hell.

So I surmise you believe the Warren Commission got it right? Now THAT is hilarious...:lol:

The Warren Commission did get it right

One day, Lee Harvey Oswald read in the paper that the President was visiting Dallas and that his motorcade would pass right under his window at work. So he brought his gun to work, fired three shots and blew JFKs head off.

Thats all there is....nothing has disproved that scenario in 45 years.

The Warren Commission got it right? your hysterical.Even the house select committe on assassinations done in the 70's concluded the warren commission was wrong,that his assassination was the result of a probably conspiracy but were unable to locate the other shooter.:lol: hundreds of things like the evidence he has presented has disproved that fairy tale of the warren commissions from 45 years ago.:lol::lol::cuckoo: Congressmen Hale Boggs of the warren commission even said he resigned from the commission cause they ignored evidence of a conspiracy and dismissed key items of evidence. also Gaston Fonzi who was a congressmen on the house select committe on assassinations who also resigned from that commission wrote a book about that investigation called THE LAST INVESTIGATION and he talked about how he resigned as well from that commission cause they ignored key evidence and facts and that they also had no interest in finding out the truth.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
The Italian Carcano fired a 160 grain bullet at about 2300 ft. per second. That is a low velocity weopon, less than a 30-30. It would not make a wound like that on the head of President Kennedy. That wound is far more typical of a 220 Swift, or a 25.06. What happened and why, I do not know. But the wound in Kennedys head was not made by an Italian Carcano.

It sure wasnt.the gun Carcano rifle they found was a piece of crap incapable of firing the weapon.The scope was badly misaligned for one thing they discovered when they tried to fire the weapon.

Beyond any question, and I'll never change my opinion, the first bullet did not hit me. The second bullet did hit me."
Governor John B. Connally

The first bullet missed everyone completely, the second bullet passed through Kennedys throat and hit Connaly, the third bullet blew JFKs head off

impossible to have been done as his illustration proves.Kennedy had an entrance wound below his shoulder and the doctors all agreed that he had an entrance wound to the forehead.His face would not exist if it happened in the fairy tale warren commissions way.anybody who knows anything about forensics also knows your head doesnt go violently backward when shot from the back as well.The jetstream effect the government likes to use as the official excuse for that has all been proven to be lies as well.wow people here are in serious denial on this. got to have a magic bullet that has never been created in the history of mankind to accomplish the miracle the warren commission has propagated all these years.

Not only does the physical and forensic evidence disprove the warren commissions fairy tale,but witness testimony and film footage back up their claims as well that witnesses saw a shooter behind the picket fence firing a rifle which you can see in photos taken that day as well.LOL.we know it was the CIA behind it all because during the winding down of the HSCA investigation,two CIA men came forward and confessed they did it.They came forward and said-we did this,we pulled it off,where do you want to go with this investigation? and of course the HSCA did not investigate it cause they ignored anything that pointed towards government involvement which is why Gaston Fonzi resigned from that investigation. You can go up to the national archives in washington and view for yourselfs there the archives where the two CIA men came forward and confessed they did it.I been there,I have seen it myself.of course your never going to hear the corporate controlled owned media ever mention this.

Last edited:

PLEASE go somewhere else if you're even thinking about trying to turn this thread into another 911 debate...

Lee Harvey Oswald read in the paper that JFK was visiting Dallas and his parade would pass right by his window at work. So he brought his gun to work, fired three shots and blew JFKs head off.

Some conspiracy

So I surmise you believe the Warren Commission got it right? Now THAT is hilarious...:lol:[/QUOTE]

yeah thats the funniest comedy of the century.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

PLEASE go somewhere else if you're even thinking about trying to turn this thread into another 911 debate...

Believe me Im not.I only mentioned it cause HE brought it up.I have no intention of wanting to talk about that on THIS thread.thats my ONLY comment I have about it.If HE wants to continue it,tell HIM to pm me cause like I said,"I" had no intention of talking about that on this thread till he brought it up.

Lee Harvey Oswald read in the paper that JFK was visiting Dallas and his parade would pass right by his window at work. So he brought his gun to work, fired three shots and blew JFKs head off.

Some conspiracy

we just proved Oswald could not have fired the weapon and the warren commission is a fairy tale.Not our fault your in denial.

Believe me Im not.I only mentioned it cause HE brought it up.I have no intention of wanting to talk about that on THIS thread.thats my ONLY comment I have about it.If HE wants to continue it,tell HIM to pm me cause like I said,"I" had no intention of talking about that on this thread till he brought it up.

Thanks...

Whoa there cowboy...we're talking the law of physics...You've been confronted with physical and medical evidence that the path of a single bullet passing through the President and hitting the Governor in the back is not possible... you really need to explain in detail HOW a bullet entering the President's back at the level of the third thoracic vertebra traveling on a downward and to the left angle from a sixth floor window can exit his throat from a wound six inches higher?

It was fully explained by the Myers animation. The major problem with the "magic bullet" theory was that they wrongly placed John Conally in the front passenger seat. In fact, he was in a jump seat which was located "down and to the left" of the president. That and the fact that the vehicle was headed downhill which raised the president up higher

THEN, you've been confronted with physical and medical evidence that the path of the fatal head wound came from the other side of the street. And again, you claim a bullet traveling on a downward and to the left angle from a sixth floor window exits a wound that is HIGHER and to the right of the entrance wound??

wrong again, the grassy knoll theory of the direction of the bullet was disproved 20 years ago. You really need to get more up to date conspiracy nonsense

THEN, you need to explain how that bullet traveling on a downward and to the left angle from a sixth floor window hit the President in the back of the head and didn't exit through the President's face???

Once again fully demonstrated by accredited computer animation that the angles line up with the wounds. The bullet blew out the side of JFKs head

AND, You say the first shot missed....tell me, where did it go?

Oswalds first shot missed and hit the curb around the presidents vehicle. This fact has been documented since 1963

Everytime the government defends the warren commission, they always resort to using computer animation with THEORYS instead of facts.:lol: they ignore witness testimony,film footage and forensic and medical evidence.:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back