Jews Wrote Most Christmas Songs

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Did you know that?

White Christmas. Let It Snow. Santa Baby. I'll Be Home for Christmas. Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire. Silver Bells. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.

My adopted father worked on Tin Pan Alley in the 20's and 30s so I've known this since I was a kid. Check out any of the composers. In fact, lots and lots of the most popular tunes in American musical history comes from Jews.

But, who cares where they came from? Let's just sit back and enjoy them.

Read the story @ Why Jews skipped Hanukkah and wrote the most beloved Christmas songs National Catholic Reporter

Did you know that?

White Christmas. Let It Snow. Santa Baby. I'll Be Home for Christmas. Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire. Silver Bells. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.

My adopted father worked on Tin Pan Alley in the 20's and 30s so I've known this since I was a kid. Check out any of the composers. In fact, lots and lots of the most popular tunes in American musical history comes from Jews.

Read the story @ Why Jews skipped Hanukkah and wrote the most beloved Christmas songs National Catholic Reporter
From your list, it appears they didn't write any songs that capture the spirit of Christmas, i.e., the birth of our savior.

Did you know that?

From your list, it appears they didn't write any songs that capture the spirit of Christmas, i.e., the birth of our savior.

. . . Who happened to be Jewish.

Did you know that?

Was it by chance?

Did you know that?

Was it by chance?
God had a choice of all the religions of the world and wanted his son raised a Jew

Did you know that?

Was it by chance?
God had a choice of all the religions of the world and wanted his son raised a Jew
Indeed, God is good.

I just found it amazing that most of the songs we sing and enjoy for a Christian holiday were written by Jews. And yes, NONE of them celebrate the Christianity of the event. In fact, there is no question that they were responsible for the commercialization of almost every holiday we celebrate.

If one really pays attention, it will come out that almost every major figure in movies, television, and stage from the 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s and beyond were/are Jews.

And, the clearly are very, very good at it.

Forum List

Back