Jewish family sues Panera Bread for their Ivey league daughters death ???

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
The lawsuit should be tossed. I feel bad for the family but it’s no the restaurants fault their daughter made a stupid choice that resulted in her death. I suspect the family is hoping to get a payout because if it goes to trial their daughters name will be drug through the mud and cause them more grief

The lawsuit should be tossed. I feel bad for the family but it’s no the restaurants choice their daughter made a stupid choice that resulted in her death. I suspect the family is hoping to get a payout because if it goes to trial their daughters name will be drug through the mud and cause them more grief

I read a little more:

Her family claims that Katz didn't know there was caffeine in the drink she purchased. Katz suffered from a pre-existing heart condition and avoided drinking energy drinks based on the recommendation of doctors.

Now, the issue becomes just what does "charged" mean.

Also, I thought most energy drinks were just amped up sugar drinks. It was my understanding that most don't have caffeine. So what was she avoiding.

I read a little more:

Her family claims that Katz didn't know there was caffeine in the drink she purchased. Katz suffered from a pre-existing heart condition and avoided drinking energy drinks based on the recommendation of doctors.

Now, the issue becomes just what does "charged" mean.

Also, I thought most energy drinks were just amped up sugar drinks. It was my understanding that most don't have caffeine. So what was she avoiding.
She was at a party hours later when her heart attack happened. Not buying the out daughter didn’t have common sense when it came to a drink that was called charged

I do feel for the family they are looking for someone to blame other than their own daughter. We see this behavior a lot with grieving families, Heck BLM depends on that mindset

The lawsuit should be tossed. I feel bad for the family but it’s no the restaurants fault their daughter made a stupid choice that resulted in her death. I suspect the family is hoping to get a payout because if it goes to trial their daughters name will be drug through the mud and cause them more grief
You shouldn't call it lemonade if it isn't lemonade. Obviously she didn't know it was full of drugs.

Like most people, when I order a lemonade I don't expect to be served a cocktail of CNS stimulant pharmaceuticals.

Last edited:
You shouldn't call it lemonade if it isn't lemonade. Obviously she didn't know it was full of drugs.

Like most people, when I order a lemonade I don't expect to be served a cocktail of CNS stimulant pharmaceuticals.
If you buy a drink named charged anything you should expect something that is more than just a regular drink. If you are extremely sensitive to caffeine and buy a drink that’s charged anything you are a fool. Sometimes people just have to accept the role they played in their own death

If you buy a drink named charged anything you should expect something that is more than just a regular drink. If you are extremely sensitive to caffeine and buy a drink that’s charged anything you are a fool. Sometimes people just have to accept the role they played in their own death
Instead of "charged" lemonade they should have called it "caffeinated" lemonade.

Since when does "charged" mean caffeinated in common parlance? Since never.

So what drug should I expect to be in "refreshing" water rather than regular water? Meth, perhaps? :dunno:

Instead of "charged" lemonade they should have called it "caffeinated" lemonade.

So what drug should I expect to be in "refreshing" water rather than regular water? Meth, perhaps? :dunno:

Only a JEW can end of dead going to panera bread and then suing for billions lol

Charged in a drink meaning it has caffeine has been around since the early 90’s.

Helpful hint is to ask the server if you are unsure and use a little common sense of you have a caffeine sensitivity.

I’m sure it is easier for the parents to make the restaurant out as the bad guy than it is to face the facts their own daughter made a poor choice that may have resulted in her death

Charged in a drink meaning it has caffeine has been around since the early 90’s.
Bullshit. Name one example besides the Panera crap.

Lemonade is the last drink anyone would expect to be laced with caffeine. I've certainly never heard of caffeinated lemonade before this thread.

Bullshit. Name one example besides the Panera crap.

Lemonade is the last drink anyone would expect to be laced with caffeine. I've certainly never heard of caffeinated lemonade before this thread.
The You must not get out, Aussie Lemonade is an energy drink flavor by Monster. Just because you’re ignorant about what’s out there doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist

Try this and tell us how it taste

Forum List

Back