Jeter passes Gehrig with 2,722nd hit

xotoxi

Platinum Member
Mar 1, 2009
Yuurmaam
Finally!

Maybe now the national baseball commentators will be able to stop cumming into each others mouths due to their manlove for Jeter!

On local sports radio I heard a guy call in complaining about the broadcaster's mancrush on Jeter. He said that he watched a nationally broadcasted Yankees game, and timed the amount of time that was spent exclusively discussing Jeter or showing images of him. It came out to be a full 32 minutes.

Enough!

As a Red Sox Fan, I tip my hat at Jeter. However, commentators do have an over excessive mancrush on the guy. To be perfectly honest, I didn't realize he had this many hits until a couple weeks ago. He always seemed overrated to me. Though it might be because of the commentators mancrush that makes me put him at a higher standard.

As a Red Sox Fan, I tip my hat at Jeter. However, commentators do have an over excessive mancrush on the guy. To be perfectly honest, I didn't realize he had this many hits until a couple weeks ago. He always seemed overrated to me. Though it might be because of the commentators mancrush that makes me put him at a higher standard.

Sox fan here too.

Sox fan here too.

I'm pretty sure we were all able to guess you are a sox fan

and lol at any retard who thinks hes overrated.

300 career stolen bases, 222 homeruns and well on his road to 3k+ hits possibly could aim for 3500-3800 or more depending how many good years he has.

4 world series rings
1 World Series MVP
4 gold gloves

INSTANT FIRST BALLOT HALL OF FAMER

yes yes

very overrated

most first ballot hall of famers are overrated

Red Sox fans will hate the fuck outta the entire Yankee roster but always maintain a quiet respect for their captain.

I hope he gets 40 more this season then goes 0 for the playoffs.

Sox fan here too.

300 career stolen bases, 222 homeruns and well on his road to 3k+ hits possibly could aim for 3500-3800 or more depending how many good years he has.

4 world series rings
1 World Series MVP
4 gold gloves

yes yes

very overrated

lol at someone using insults cause someone disagree. weren't yankee fans a few years ago saying he was nto good anymore. but now he breaks a record it flip flops.

that said Article 15 is right I also have respect to Andy Pettie for coming clean about Steroids use. Jeter is a person who loves baseball and not about big bucks.

Sox fan here too.

4 world series rings
1 World Series MVP
4 gold gloves

yes yes

very overrated

There's not a Yankee team in their entire history that wouldn't have been better had Jeter been their SS.

There's not a Yankee team in their entire history that wouldn't have been better had Jeter been their SS.

Do you think that fact might possibly be due to the fact that he is the best SS that the Yankees have ever had?

There is not a Red Sox team in history that wouldn't have been better had Ted Williams been their left fielder or Carlton Fisk been their catcher.

Do you think that fact might possibly be due to the fact that he is the best SS that the Yankees have ever had?

There is not a Red Sox team in history that wouldn't have been better had Ted Williams been their left fielder or Carlton Fisk been their catcher.

Not sure what i was watching though it was either mlb network they said when jeter came up there were just going to give him a high number for being a rookie but someone said no.

and he is one of the best almost every red sox fan should respect him. of course you have those people who won't

Not sure what i was watching though it was either mlb network they said when jeter came up there were just going to give him a high number for being a rookie but someone said no.

and he is one of the best almost every red sox fan should respect him. of course you have those people who won't

Don't get me wrong...I respect him. I think he is great and clutch.

But I don't ejaculate at the sight of him like many baseball broadcasters.

Stay fair! Stay fair!

OK, I tried. Lord knows I tried to keep my mouth shut. But I went away from the thread and I HAVE to say it.

The Yankees have SS that have MULTIPLE WS Wins in their history, so the facts that Jeter is still the best speaks VOLUMES about his skill sets

OK, I tried. Lord knows I tried to keep my mouth shut. But I went away from the thread and I HAVE to say it.

The Yankees have SS that have MULTIPLE WS Wins in their history, so the facts that Jeter is still the best speaks VOLUMES about his skill sets

Were any of those aforementioned historical shortstops the best player on their respective teams? Were any of them the team captains? Did any of them have 2722 hits?

Or were their multiple WS wins partially because they were along for the ride?

Probably the latter, which means it is obvious that Jeter would have improved those teams.

Of course.

Jeter is one of the all time greats, outside of Honus Wagner, no other SS is MLB history combines his complete skill sets of excellent fielding, clutch hitting and hitting for average with good speed.

There have been better fielders like Ozzie Smith, and better hitters like Ernie Banks, but Jeter is a complete package.

The Jeter hit record is a non-event.

If anything it just shows that the Yankee hit record was not that impressive. Over a dozen teams have hit records above 3000 hits. The fact that Jeter is up to 2700 hits is not worth stopping the presses.

When Jeter gets 3000 hits he deserves the accolades. Gehrigs record was not worth celebrating

of coruse it is.

First of all 3,000 will be a milestone for nayone

especially since throughout the 100 years of baseball only 27 people have 3k hits or more.

Only 4 people in baseball right now are active with more then 2500 hits...just 4

So, it's quite an accomplishment.

Also, it's the most storied franchise in sports history and to be #1 at anything for it is always an incredible thing.

Forum List

Back