Jeter passes Gehrig with 2,722nd hit

of coruse it is.

First of all 3,000 will be a milestone for nayone

especially since throughout the 100 years of baseball only 27 people have 3k hits or more.

Only 4 people in baseball right now are active with more then 2500 hits...just 4

So, it's quite an accomplishment.

Also, it's the most storied franchise in sports history and to be #1 at anything for it is always an incredible thing.

The Yankees are a storied franchise....but 2722 is not a storied record. If he had passed the Yankee HR record that would be impressive. But the fact that the Yankees have not had anyone with a large career hit total is not something to celebrate.

Same thing with career wins......Whitey Ford has the most wins as a Yankee...236
If Andy Petite gets to 237 should the world come to a stop? Show me 300 as a Yankee and I will be impressed

Last edited:
I'm gonna say that the reason Yankees didn't have an "impressive" hit record is because I believe ( i may be wrong here) but I don't think the Yanks have had anyone on their team for more 17+ years. Which is what you would need ot get to 3k hits.

4k hits ty cobb and rose had over 20 years in the league.

Also, I dont have time to research it now, but I bet Gherig's and now Jeters records is up there for most hits of all time while being on the same team.

The only people to have had 3k+ hits or more in their careers and stay on the same team are clemente, Kaline, Biggio, and Musial.

I'm gonna say that the reason Yankees didn't have an "impressive" hit record is because I believe ( i may be wrong here) but I don't think the Yanks have had anyone on their team for more 17+ years. Which is what you would need ot get to 3k hits.

Also, I dont have time to research it now, but I bet Gherig's and now Jeters records is up there for most hits of all time while being on the same team.

The only people to have had 3k+ hits or more in their careers and stay on the same team are clemente, Kaline, Biggio, and Musial.

Also Ripken, Gwynn, Yount, Yaz, Brett

Aaron, Mays, Cobb, Wagner, Rose all got 3000 for one team

Jeter will get to 3000, then we can celibrate....2722 is a non-event

Beating out Gehrig is, yea, verily, an event. What a big-ass event! Getting to 3,000 will be an even bigger event.

Also Ripken, Gwynn, Yount, Yaz, Brett

Aaron, Mays, Cobb, Wagner, Rose all got 3000 for one team

Jeter will get to 3000, then we can celibrate....2722 is a non-event

People like right winger are the reason people look for home run record non-event who stoping something? rays and bal clap so did yankees and came out for 5 minutes at top.

i don't see what your problem is

New Topics

Forum List

Back