Jeeps sees a black bear...

BULLSHIT. Again few people dispute that the planet warmed. That is just your attempt to distract. And there is no consensus on who\at caused it and no working theory on how man is the culprit.

No, this is my explanation for why I dismiss most cranks who dismiss the majority of scientists who do believe there is a correlation between mankind's release of CO2, and global warming, Gummy.

If that distracted you, one wonders what my thoughts distracted you from?

Your state of total denial, perhaps?

No, this is my explanation for why I dismiss most cranks who dismiss the majority of scientists who do believe there is a correlation between mankind's release of CO2, and global warming, Gummy.

If that distracted you, one wonders what my thoughts distracted you from?

Your state of total denial, perhaps?

And yet CO2 does not in fact do as the scientist theory claims it does. Or they would not still be trying to figure out how CO2 is causing the problem only sorta. You may want to actually read what it is you are claiming supports your theory.

Coldest summer we've had in this part of the country for quite some time. People are having trouble growing ZUCCHINI, for pete's sakes.

I've seen bear all my life. And yellow jackets. So you saw a bear on a hike. It is not proof positive that the world is coming to an end.

black bear are flourishing here...we've had tons of snow...not even close to being in a drought here....rain for the last 4 weeks, and cold early summer as Allie's area...(though i read that we lost 1/3 of our deer stock, due to the cold and extra snow, last winter)

Gosh, i sure hope we have some sort of indian summer and get some heat this year....curse a bad winter with lots of snow, darnit, how about just average snow...:)

This is not to negate what the Rangers told Jeeps, cuz there are many areas that are in a sustained drought....causing animals to go a bit crazy...fighting for their lives.

black bear are flourishing here...we've had tons of snow...not even close to being in a drought here....rain for the last 4 weeks, and cold early summer as Allie's area...(though i read that we lost 1/3 of our deer stock, due to the cold and extra snow, last winter)

Gosh, i sure hope we have some sort of indian summer and get some heat this year....curse a bad winter with lots of snow, darnit, how about just average snow...:)

This is not to negate what the Rangers told Jeeps, cuz there are many areas that are in a sustained drought....causing animals to go a bit crazy...fighting for their lives.

This is because "animals" are smarter than humans! :eusa_angel:

I could send you some deer, if you like. They infest the town I live in. I have a doe and two fawns who graze around my fence and across the street, there are two bucks who likewise hang around, they're all over town. They get into my horse's hay (for heaven's sakes, it's summer, the lazy bums) and wreak havoc with people's gardens. Anyone who has a pretty flower garden has 12 foot deer fence all around their yards.

I could send you some deer, if you like. They infest the town I live in. I have a doe and two fawns who graze around my fence and across the street, there are two bucks who likewise hang around, they're all over town. They get into my horse's hay (for heaven's sakes, it's summer, the lazy bums) and wreak havoc with people's gardens. Anyone who has a pretty flower garden has 12 foot deer fence all around their yards.

i got a meadow full of flowers, a big one, across the street amd lots of woods with cherries, berries and apples....they don't bother my flowers, they will be eating my apples when ripe though.

they are sleeping on my own property, near the edge of the main road....i can see the normally tall grass broken down, where they bed....

i am new to this rural living, so i am still enamored with the deer!

care

My dog fights with a couple of the squirrelly ones through the fence. They put their heads down at the fence and stamp at her, and she barks her head off.

I don't mind deer....but I like them best in the freezer, really. Not crazy at all with them rampaging through my oat hay.

And yet CO2 does not in fact do as the scientist theory claims it does. Or they would not still be trying to figure out how CO2 is causing the problem only sorta. You may want to actually read what it is you are claiming supports your theory.

It doesn't, huh?

When it comes to science questions, I'm going to choose to listen to scientists rather than you, sport.

I am not at all sure what all is causing this apparent trend toward a warmer earth.

I am inclined to think that mankind spewing enormous amounts of CO2 into the atmosphere certainly has something to do with it.

But as to that being the sole cause of it?

I don't really know.

But what I do know is this...

Pretty much they same players who refused to believe that the climate was changing not so very long ago, now, when the evidence is overwhelming that it is, are going on and on about how they know makind has nothing to do with it.

Now, the same players who first warned us about this trend, are pretty sure that the correlation between industrialization and manmade CO2 is well established.

So should we count on those who refused to even acknowledge the truth until they had absolutely no choice, for opinions about why it is happening?

Or...

..should we count on the scientists who warned us it was happening, and who also have a very science based explaination to explain its root cause, too.

Hmmm...not a very tough decision for me to make.

I'm going to go with the people who actually understood the problem and warned us about it DECADES before most people even admitted that they were right.

You are speaking in generalities. Who are these "same players"? I don't see anyone commenting here who said it positively was not so intially and not are saying man is not the cause.

I for one have never said it was not happening as an absolute statement as I reserved such judgement until further information was made available. My stance is pretty much the same now as it has been -- if man is the cause, show me some evidence. Not some scientist's theory. Not someone's idea of "common sense dictates ...." Some real, hard, factual evidence.

I'm not going to go with anyone who pushes a theory as fact they have been granted millions in reasearch dollars to prove. They have PROVEN nothing.

I have also been a steadfast advocate of minimizing our impact on our environment/nature as much as possible; however, I caveat that with I am not willing to live in a cave and hunt with club and light my cave with a wood fire. There's a happy medium.

So again, WHO are these "same people"?

You are speaking in generalities. Who are these "same players"? I don't see anyone commenting here who said it positively was not so intially and not are saying man is not the cause.

I for one have never said it was not happening as an absolute statement as I reserved such judgement until further information was made available. My stance is pretty much the same now as it has been -- if man is the cause, show me some evidence. Not some scientist's theory. Not someone's idea of "common sense dictates ...." Some real, hard, factual evidence.

I'm not going to go with anyone who pushes a theory as fact they have been granted millions in reasearch dollars to prove. They have PROVEN nothing.

I have also been a steadfast advocate of minimizing our impact on our environment/nature as much as possible; however, I caveat that with I am not willing to live in a cave and hunt with club and light my cave with a wood fire. There's a happy medium.

uh--Gunny ?---You can't use wood either.

It doesn't, huh?

When it comes to science questions, I'm going to choose to listen to scientists rather than you, sport.

And I'n going to look at scientific answers the same as I do politicians' answers ... with a GREAT deal of skepticism considering they have a dog in the fight.

i got a meadow full of flowers, a big one, across the street amd lots of woods with cherries, berries and apples....they don't bother my flowers, they will be eating my apples when ripe though.

they are sleeping on my own property, near the edge of the main road....i can see the normally tall grass broken down, where they bed....

i am new to this rural living, so i am still enamored with the deer!

care

Be careful you don't become the object of the deerticks' affection, Care.

Where deer bed down, there be ticks, and among those sweet parasites is Lyme disease guaranteed.

I hear ya.. and since I am still waiting for proof of god, I find myself agreeing with you. I do however think it a wonderful idea to cut down on pollution... On my hike today there was a dont breath warning just to the east of us.. [linville gorge today] seriously.. this pollution crap just doesnt happen in Bejing. If it takes an anti global warming movemet to cut down on pollution levels then hell yeah, lets do it.. cause obstructing the fight against global warming is doing nobody nogood...

I hear ya.. and since I am still waiting for proof of god, I find myself agreeing with you. I do however think it a wonderful idea to cut down on pollution... On my hike today there was a dont breath warning just to the east of us.. [linville gorge today] seriously.. this pollution crap just doesnt happen in Bejing. If it takes an anti global warming movemet to cut down on pollution levels then hell yeah, lets do it.. cause obstructing the fight against global warming is doing nobody nogood...

Whether or not you choose to believe in God is YOUR decision. Please don't wait for me to get in your way on that one.

I also have zero problem with cutting down on pollution. However, I disagree with sailing under a false flag. I'm not going to support something as a means to accomplshing a different agenda through the back door.

While I believe in attempting to minimize our impact on our environment, I don't believe in cutting our throats to do it. There are a lot of common sense things we could do that would have minimal impact on our lives that lessen our impact on the environment.

Forum List

Back