JEEP...So Just Who in Hell IS/WAS Lying here?

This is exactly what Romney was talking about when he says China has unfair trading laws.
Romney wants to get them to change their unfair regulations so that Chrysler and others can make all of our products here in American and trade with China and other countries.
The CEO of Chrysler says Chinese regulations makes it very difficult to import foreign vehicles.
They are looking at having to make some of their Jeeps there in China because of this.
Obama wants to keep things the way they are right now.

how do you expect Romney to do anything when we borrow money and owe China so much? Its all luster from Romney and you are eating it up like its going to happen. Use your fucking brain moron

First you people bitch about running up the debt and borrowing from china, and in the next breath you full on believe Romney is going to be "tough" on china.

Its amazing how fucking stupid you people are.

So if they were being made here, stopped being made here to be made in China, we wouldnt be losing any jobs? I might not be an economist, but that shit dont make sense

Politifact has the best sum of this.

"The ad miscasts the government’s role in Fiat’s acquisition of Chrysler, and it misrepresents the outcome. Chrysler’s owners had been trying to sell to Italy-based Fiat before Obama took office. The ad ignores the return of American jobs to Chrysler Jeep plants in the United States, and it presents the manufacture of Jeeps in China as a threat, rather than an opportunity to sell cars made in China to Chinese consumers. It strings together facts in a way that presents an wholly inaccurate picture."

Full Article, WARNING! FACTS and lots of words are used.

I just heard on Fox news its a cover up! bigger than Watergate! Its now called Jeepgate.

Le Sigh.....

Fiat said it. They are part owners of Jeep and own Chrysler and Dodge. Romney saw that and capitalized on it. I dont get how he is still being considered lying on this, but the goddamn owners said they were moving.. Hmmmm

They didn't say they were moving; they said they'd ramp up in China. That doesn't mean moving jobs to China. American jobs making Jeeps for Americans would stay here. The lie was that we'd be losing jobs. They understand that in OH and MI, so Mitt can kiss those states good-bye. :bye1:

plans to return Jeep output to China and may eventually make all of its models in that country, according to the head of both automakers’ operations in the region.

Maybe I dont understand English, but it sounds like we will be losing jobs. Which is the point.

Yeah it's clear you don't understand English. You see they reference China then they say "it's" meaning they are still talking about China. It's called a pronoun. If you've ever watched school hours rock you would know "you got pronouns cause sayin all those nouns over and over can really wear you down"

:eusa_whistle:

I guess you think the USA is owned by China and that makes the USA, Chinese? Maybe Chrysler is a Chinese company in more ways than one?

Italian Fiat SpA (F), majority owner of Chrysler, is in discussions with its Chinese partner, Guangzhou Automobile Group Co. (2238), to make Jeeps in China.

They are owned by Italians. It started here in America, but got bought out I reckon. There is a difference between owning something and owing someone.

Corporate structure. Ownership rules. Majority owners have minority partners too.

So you are saying Chrysler is a Chinese company?

[

Maybe I dont understand English...

I'd say it isn't only English you struggle with

what is Chrysler Group LLC? does it exist?

where are you?

What does it matter - Obama has outsourced yet another U.S. company

Where is he, by the way?

Worshipping Allah on a golf course?

Out the fucking door in less than two weeks with this piece of shit

What does it matter - Obama has outsourced yet another U.S. company

Where is he, by the way?

Worshipping Allah on a golf course?

Out the fucking door in less than two weeks with this piece of shit

crybabyinchieftear.jpg

I guess you think the USA is owned by China and that makes the USA, Chinese? Maybe Chrysler is a Chinese company in more ways than one?

Italian Fiat SpA (F), majority owner of Chrysler, is in discussions with its Chinese partner, Guangzhou Automobile Group Co. (2238), to make Jeeps in China.

They are owned by Italians. It started here in America, but got bought out I reckon. There is a difference between owning something and owing someone.

Corporate structure. Ownership rules. Majority owners have minority partners too.

[

Maybe I dont understand English...

We are not going to get anywhere on this. I think it not American because it is owned by Italians. You think it is because America is the last one in the gang bang line. I think it would be considered American for the sake of globalization. Technically, I think, it is not American.

They didn't say they were moving; they said they'd ramp up in China. That doesn't mean moving jobs to China. American jobs making Jeeps for Americans would stay here. The lie was that we'd be losing jobs. They understand that in OH and MI, so Mitt can kiss those states good-bye. :bye1:

plans to return Jeep output to China and may eventually make all of its models in that country, according to the head of both automakers’ operations in the region.

Maybe I dont understand English, but it sounds like we will be losing jobs. Which is the point.

On the same day Romney first lied, Chrysler announced it was adding 1100 jobs and a third shift at its plant in Illinois.

"Localizing" is the word everyone seems to ignore or not understand. Jeep is going to build Jeeps in China to sell in China.

The same way Toyota builds trucks in the US to sell in the US.

:thup:

It isn't tough to understand so they are just lying.

We are not going to get anywhere on this. I think it not American because it is owned by Italians. You think it is because America is the last one in the gang bang line. I think it would be considered American for the sake of globalization. Technically, I think, it is not American.

If you want to play the 'Technically I think...' card: It is not owned by Italians. It is majority stock owned by Italians. Am I correct?

Can a foreigner own stock in an American company? When you register a company for tax purposes you file papers with the IRS and the state you incorporate in.

Chrysler Group LLC (play /ˈkraɪslər/) is an American-based, multinational automaker, in global strategic alliance with its majority owner, Italian manufacturer Fiat, since 2009.

Chrysler was first organized as the Chrysler Corporation in 1925.[2] Its core brands are: Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram, SRT, Fiat, and Mopar vehicles and products. The Company is headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan, United States.[3]

On June 10, 2009, Chrysler LLC emerged from a government backed Chapter 11 reorganization as Chrysler Group LLC, in alliance with the Italian automaker Fiat.[4][5] Initially holding a 20% interest in Chrysler Group, Fiat's stake was increased to 58.5% (fully diluted) following acquisition of the equity interests held by the U.S. Treasury (6% on June 3, 2011) and Canada (1.5% on July 21, 2011)[6][7][8][9][10] The stake was further increased to 61.8% in July 2012.[11]

Seems that some don't keep abreast of the news. This at 11:46 this morning:

Chrysler CEO: No U.S. Jeep production will go to China

Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne said no U.S. production of Jeep vehicles will be moved to China and U.S. production of Jeeps “will constitute the backbone of the brand,” in an e-mail to employees five days after Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney repeated a false report that suggested Jeep production could be moved to China.

Without citing Romney by name, Marchionne said Chrysler remains committed to “investing to improve and expand our entire U.S. operations, including our Jeep facilities,” according to a company e-mail obtained by the Free Press.
“It is inaccurate to suggest anything different,” Marchionne said.

In his company email, Marchionne confirmed the company’s previous statements that it plans to eventually restart vehicle production in China because the market “would not otherwise be accessible” without making vehicles there. Chinese regulations make it very difficult to import foreign vehicles.
“This ultimately will help bolster the Jeep brand, and solidify the resilence of U.S. jobs,” Marchionne said. “Jeep is one of our truly global brands with uniquely American roots. This will never change.”

Chrysler CEO: No U.S. Jeep production will go to China | Auto news | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne said no U.S. production of Jeep vehicles will be moved to China and U.S. production of Jeeps “will constitute the backbone of the brand,” in an e-mail to employees five days after Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney repeated a false report that suggested Jeep production could be moved to China.

Without citing Romney by name, Marchionne said Chrysler remains committed to “investing to improve and expand our entire U.S. operations, including our Jeep facilities,” according to a company e-mail obtained by the Free Press.

In his company email, Marchionne confirmed the company’s previous statements that it plans to eventually restart vehicle production in China because the market “would not otherwise be accessible” without making vehicles there. Chinese regulations make it very difficult to import foreign vehicles.
“This ultimately will help bolster the Jeep brand, and solidify the resilence of U.S. jobs,” Marchionne said. “Jeep is one of our truly global brands with uniquely American roots. This will never change.”

Chrysler CEO: No U.S. Jeep production will go to China | Auto news | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

o this isnt going to go over well.

what does FOX News have to say about this one?

:eusa_shifty:

o this isnt going to go over well.

Forum List

Back