Jebbie back pedals

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
No big surprise:

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (R) expanded on his thoughts on Indiana's controversial "religious freedom" law Wednesday night, telling a small group of would-be supporters that although he supported the measure, a "better approach" would have been a "consensus-oriented" process that brought both people of faith and members of the LGBT community to the table.

The likely 2016 Republican presidential contender cited Utah as an example where state leaders passed similar legislation, but included prohibitions on anti-gay discrimination. "There wasn’t a bunch of yelling and screaming. That to me seems like a better approach to dealing with this," Bush said in Silicon Valley, according to The New York Times.

"The better approach would have been the approach that is the more consensus-oriented approach I think," Bush said. "I'm not being critical of [Indiana Gov.] Mike Pence, because I did say that I supported his efforts."

Bush's comments in California differ from his full-throated defense of Pence before a more conservative audience earlier in the week. In an interview with right-wing radio host Hugh Hewitt, Bush said, "I think Gov. Pence has done the right thing."

Jeb Bush Indiana Needed More Consensus-Oriented Approach To Religious Freedom Law

For the third thread over this...we hope this will make all you libbies run right and vote for him now. You can make believe you helped in making him cave like some think they did Governor Pence....

sheeesh

For the third thread over this...we hope this will make all you libbies run right and vote for him now. You can make believe you helped in making him cave like some think they did Governor Pence....

sheeesh
Were there other threads? Here's a tissue.

Old Jebbie is a flip flopper just like Mitten.

The social conservatives are debating with the libertarians and chambers of commerce, and Jeb is debating with himself.

I stole that from Joe Scarborough

Jebs knee jerk support of the party line came back to haunt him

He needs to save those responses for Cruz or Jindal to make. Nobody expects better of them

A classic fence straddle:

...I support gay rights and I support the religious who want to deny gays rights...

...please don't ask me to elaborate...

the people that matter to Conservatives , people like Ted Cruz isn't back pedaling and that's what matters to Conservatives . boosh , no use for any of the family since before gwb 2nd run for pres .

The "small group of supporters" refered to in the article were actually Big Money Donors giving Jebbie his marching orders.

A classic fence straddle:

...I support gay rights and I support the religious who want to deny gays rights...

...please don't ask me to elaborate...

As the leading GOP candidate, Jeb would like the issue of gay rights to just go away

Let the Supreme Court make the decision for the country and then tell party faithful that there was nothing you could do about it

But then, idiots like those in Indiana force your hand and make you take sides.....all Jeb can do is issue platitudes and straddle the fence

Only one who hasn't flip-flopped yet is Rubio.

Or has he and I just haven't heard about it yet?

:lmao:

the people that matter to Conservatives , people like Ted Cruz isn't back pedaling and that's what matters to Conservatives . boosh , no use for any of the family since before gwb 2nd run for pres .

Oh, I think you're right.

Carnival Cruz hasn't flip-flopped yet either.

"I think people have the right to live out their religious faith in their own lives," Rubio said Monday on Fox News. "And when you’re asking someone who provides professional services to do something, or be punished by law, that violates their faith, you’re violating that religious liberty they have."

Prospective White House candidates tussle over Indiana religious law - LA Times
Rubio must believe that someone is forcing people to become bakers, caterers, florists, or some other public accommodation business. And forcing them to sell gay themed items. :lol:

Another thread where liberals are celebrating Jeb Bush's flip flop? ? Listen there's nothing for any of you to celebrate, no conservative likes Bush - he's an irrelevant figure in the republican party, attack him all you want, please.

Another thread where liberals are celebrating Jeb Bush's flip flop? ? Listen there's nothing for any of you to celebrate, no conservative likes Bush - he's an irrelevant figure in the republican party, attack him all you want, please.

He is going to be the GOP Presidential candidate in 2016

You might as well flip flop and support him now

He is going to be the GOP Presidential candidate in 2016

You might as well flip flop and support him now

that'll be the day..

Forum List

Back