Jeb Bush: "People Have A Right" To Refuse Services To Gays (You Damned Right They Do)

Didn't you just get done saying Jeb Bush is a Nazi in a thread a few days ago?

He is spot on. I would hope all business owners adopt the right to refuse service based on their religious beliefs. It is their right.

Gay-friendly Jeb Bush People have a right to refuse services to gays - Salon.com

I seriously doubt that the courts are going to get behind that idea. As it essentially dismantled all anti-discrimination laws. In the recent Hobby Lobby decision, the court bent over backward in affirming and reaffirming the ruling was narrow, only applied to this sitution and didn't dismantled said laws.

And this was Kennedy and Scalia talking. It seems unlikely you're going to find more support for religious based discrimination among the more moderate and liberal wings of the court.

Didn't you just get done saying Jeb Bush is a Nazi in a thread a few days ago?
Did I?

"No surprise, Jeb Bush is an anti-Semitic, Nazi A-hole!"

Friday, 9:29 pm (EDT) in Politics

?
bravo pogo!

Of course I didn't actually link the thread, since it's actually not his.

But then if he can run bogus quotes in his sigline and ever have to say where he got them --- so can I.

It's from Salon so there's no way to tell how much if anything is true.
You can see him saying it on video here: Jeb Bush endorses religious discrimination legislation

“I don’t know about the law, but religious freedom is a serious issue, and it’s increasingly so, and I think people that act on their conscience shouldn’t be discriminated against, for sure. There should be protections, and so, as it relates to marriage equality — and that may change, the Supreme Court may change that. That automatically then shifts the focus to people of conscience, and, I don’t know, have their faith make — they want to act on their faith, and may not be able to be employed for example.”

The cry for religious liberty is bullshit. Any Christian who actually believes that they don't have religious liberty in this nation is being duped.

He is spot on. I would hope all business owners adopt the right to refuse service based on their religious beliefs. It is their right.

Gay-friendly Jeb Bush People have a right to refuse services to gays - Salon.com
Any business should have the right to refuse service to any group.....but they should be required to prominently post that policy....on the front entrance, behind the counter, etc.
Where I live, there are signs like you describe everywhere in vast amounts of businesses.

Any business should have the right to refuse service to any group.....but they should be required to prominently post that policy....on the front entrance, behind the counter, etc.
Where I live, there are signs like you describe everywhere in vast amounts of businesses.
do you see them on outings with the rest of the patients?

La La Land ^^^^^^^^

Forum List

Back