Jay Carney is floundering under pressure, say Washington insiders

White House Press Secretary, Opie, is cute and is trying hard. That is one job, I would never want. I wish him well. It is difficult to try to be ethical with the press, while being PC and protecting your boss.

For once, I agree with more than your avatar!

I was in favor of Karen Finney replacing Gibbs, but Carney is a smart dude. Keep in mind that he's a writer, so public speaking is not his forte.

brilliant move to pick a press secretary who's uncomfortable speaking in public. :thup:

maybe a mime could help take up the slack?
McClellan wasn't Mr. Smooth, either.

Karen Finney is on MSNBC right now.

How can ANYBODY answer with a straight face the precious few legitimate questions put to this Administration?

It is mighty difficult for anyone to provide a coherent answer about a a set of policies and decisions which are themselves arbitrary and irrational and inconsistent and incoherent.

It's not as though the Press Secretary has the option of actually just simply telling the truth: "Look, my boss is a bit of an asshat and this policy/action/determination does conflict with much of what he said as a candidate and, previously, as President."

It's not as though the Press Secretary has the option of actually just simply telling the truth: "Look, my boss is a bit of an asshat and this policy/action/determination does conflict with much of what he said as a candidate and, previously, as President."

I agree - not one of Bush's PS said that.

"Compassionate conservative"

"Uniter, not a divider"

"Dead or alive"

"Mushroom clouds"

You can't defend that kind of bullshit!

"Uniter, not a divider"

"Dead or alive"

"Mushroom clouds"

You agree with me about President Obama,

Good to know.

As to your off topic commentary about President Bush, you are (of course) wrong as usual.

It is President Obama who IS the divider. He engages in the divide and conquer strategy by reflex by now.

President Bush was a compassionate conservative. Look at the money he provided to Africa for AIDS.

At the time he said it, the "wanted dead or alive" comment was completely true. Time passed, however, and the focus changed. Not surprising. Mature adults do that all the time.

There was nothing even slightly dishonest about Dr. Rice's comments concerning "mushroom clouds." Only liberals straining to make a point would deliberately misinterpret what was understood in context well enough at the time. It's the way you guys argued ALL THE TIME when President Bush was at the helm, and you generally have chosen not to relent now. You only object to that kind of rhetoric when it gets slapped across your face relative to the Obamessiah.

I don't defend bullshit. I call you on your bullshit.

And I thought Robert Gibbs was bad. This Carney kid is not looking very impressive at all. He in fact looks like he's in over his head and not up to the job.

I think Obama would be wise to replace him ASAP.

There is increasing concern in Washington that Jay Carney, the new White House Press Secretary, isn’t up to the job. Even when faced with an innocuous question that requires only that he trot out the official line, he looks completely stunned, as if the questioner is Bob Woodward asking him about Deep Throat. He gathers himself, embarks on a stuttering reply, pauses for what seems like an eternity, then starts gabbling, tripping over his words, rephrasing what he’s just said, then looking plaintively back at the questioner as if to say, “How did I do? Was that okay? Or would you like me to try again?”

“I think he’s doing very badly,” says a political contact based in Washington. “And I’ve heard others say that he’s really struggling.”
This is a pivotal moment in Barack Obama’s presidency, a moment when the eyes of the world are locked on Washington. In the global battle for hearts and minds, it is essential that the leader of the free world exudes an air of calm authority at this time. Yet the White House’s handling of the media in the aftermath of Sunday’s events has been breathtakingly amateurish, planting seeds of doubt about the legality of the operation and about Osama bin Laden’s death that would not otherwise be there.

The constantly changing narrative – or “fact pattern”, as one White House official described it – suggests that the president and his advisers have been caught on the hop and have no clear strategy for dealing with the fallout from bin Laden’s death. This is epitomised by the halting, timid delivery of Jay – “How’m I doin’?” – Carney, who must bear some of the responsibility for this communications failure.

Jay Carney is floundering under pressure, say Washington insiders – Telegraph Blogs

The problem is they put an honest person in there and then forgot to lie to him.

Poor Mud. President Obama is showing how things should be done, and sour grapes are Mud's primary meal now.

Huge and sudden natural disaster spread over many states, the aftermath of which is being handled very well.

Now a slow and huge natural disaster, a 100 year Mississippi flood, being handled well, with government working together at all levels.

Such a constrast to what happened with the prior resident of the White House. Well, the wingnuts have to find something to whine and puke about.

How does ignoring them indicate that things ar ebeing handled well?

Believe me, were they not being handled well, there would be enough people screaming that we would know about it.

It is not being ignored, it is simply that the things being done make sense, and the local, state, and federal government are doing the neccessary thinks in a timely manner.

What planet do you live on? Back in the real world plenty of people are talking about the things that do not make sense. I even say it on the local news yesterday, and I live in a liberal city.

And I thought Robert Gibbs was bad. This Carney kid is not looking very impressive at all. He in fact looks like he's in over his head and not up to the job.

I think Obama would be wise to replace him ASAP.

jay-carney-460.jpg

There is increasing concern in Washington that Jay Carney, the new White House Press Secretary, isn’t up to the job. Even when faced with an innocuous question that requires only that he trot out the official line, he looks completely stunned, as if the questioner is Bob Woodward asking him about Deep Throat. He gathers himself, embarks on a stuttering reply, pauses for what seems like an eternity, then starts gabbling, tripping over his words, rephrasing what he’s just said, then looking plaintively back at the questioner as if to say, “How did I do? Was that okay? Or would you like me to try again?”

“I think he’s doing very badly,” says a political contact based in Washington. “And I’ve heard others say that he’s really struggling.”
This is a pivotal moment in Barack Obama’s presidency, a moment when the eyes of the world are locked on Washington. In the global battle for hearts and minds, it is essential that the leader of the free world exudes an air of calm authority at this time. Yet the White House’s handling of the media in the aftermath of Sunday’s events has been breathtakingly amateurish, planting seeds of doubt about the legality of the operation and about Osama bin Laden’s death that would not otherwise be there.

The constantly changing narrative – or “fact pattern”, as one White House official described it – suggests that the president and his advisers have been caught on the hop and have no clear strategy for dealing with the fallout from bin Laden’s death. This is epitomised by the halting, timid delivery of Jay – “How’m I doin’?” – Carney, who must bear some of the responsibility for this communications failure.

Jay Carney is floundering under pressure, say Washington insiders – Telegraph Blogs

Imagine having to defend the changing positions of this Administration. :dance:

I agree

Take the handling of the Death of Osama bin Laden.

1)He was armed--He rsisted
2)He prushed his wife--His wife charged at the Seals
3)He was given a traditional muslim Burial--He was dragged, ID'd and thrown in the Sea
4)We get pictures--we don't get pictures

Just circle a phrase from each line and you have the administrations position!

The problem is they put an honest person in there and then forgot to lie to him.

I think it's deeper. I just don't think Carney is capable of the pressure. He looks like a deer caught in my truck lights on a country road. He's bumbling questions that should be very easy to answer.

Obama needs to dump him ASAP.

"Uniter, not a divider"

"Dead or alive"

"Mushroom clouds"

Good to know.

As to your off topic commentary about President Bush, you are (of course) wrong as usual.

It is President Obama who IS the divider. He engages in the divide and conquer strategy by reflex by now.

President Bush was a compassionate conservative. Look at the money he provided to Africa for AIDS.

At the time he said it, the "wanted dead or alive" comment was completely true. Time passed, however, and the focus changed. Not surprising. Mature adults do that all the time.

There was nothing even slightly dishonest about Dr. Rice's comments concerning "mushroom clouds." Only liberals straining to make a point would deliberately misinterpret what was understood in context well enough at the time. It's the way you guys argued ALL THE TIME when President Bush was at the helm, and you generally have chosen not to relent now. You only object to that kind of rhetoric when it gets slapped across your face relative to the Obamessiah.

Good to see you are still living in your fantasy world, where Bush is competent, Cheney isn't a liar, and Rice was qualified for her job.

For those of us living in the real world, THIS president has proven that he makes not only the right decision, but also does it in the smartest way possible. Bush would have sent in a missile to blow the place up, or let the Pakis know and they would have given OBL a heads up.

Instead, we get a treasure trove of information that once again PROVES that Bush had his head up his ass: in the presser where he says "I truly am not that concerned about him" he also said: "And I wouldn't necessarily say he's at the center of any command structure" and "he became -- we shoved him out more and more on the margins". He has also said that bin Laden had been reduced to a figurehead.

And that is clearly wrong. He was still the man approving and directing the actions of his followers. He was no figurehead.

Bush was a disaster for this country. No wonder you love him so much.

"Uniter, not a divider"

"Dead or alive"

"Mushroom clouds"

Good to know.

Good to see you are still living in your fantasy world, where Bush is competent, Cheney isn't a liar, and Rice was qualified for her job.

For those of us living in the real world, THIS president has proven that he makes not only the right decision, but also does it in the smartest way possible. Bush would have sent in a missile to blow the place up, or let the Pakis know and they would have given OBL a heads up.

Instead, we get a treasure trove of information that once again PROVES that Bush had his head up his ass: in the presser where he says "I truly am not that concerned about him" he also said: "And I wouldn't necessarily say he's at the center of any command structure" and "he became -- we shoved him out more and more on the margins". He has also said that bin Laden had been reduced to a figurehead.

And that is clearly wrong. He was still the man approving and directing the actions of his followers. He was no figurehead.

The one living in the fantasy world is you and your ilk, dimwit.

Just because you and your fellow travelers agree with each other that President Bush was a failure, you moron, doesn't make it so.

He was imperfect and made mistakes. That is not something I have ever denied. But his mistakes pale in comparison to PResident Obama's. And President Bush -- quite unlike President Obama -- did much more RIGHT than he did wrong. YOu jerk-offs of the uber-left couldn't admit as much even if you were bright enough to recognize reality in the first place.

President Obama does almost nothing right, but still, I hadda give him his due when he has done a couple of things right.

Did Vice President Cheney ever lie? Probably. Humans lie. President Obama is certainly HIGHLY truth deficient, but such things are glossed over by you slobbering Obamaphiles. And Dr. Rice was not only QUALIFIED for her job, but pretty good at it, too.

President Bush was -- by and large -- the right man in the right spot at the right time for this nation.

It is President Obama who is the cluster-fuck disaster. He HAS to get voted out if the Republic wants a fair shot of surviving the shit-storm his Administration is now brewing for us all.

Too bad that, as always, your partisan blinders are completely covering your vision.

Last edited:

Good to know.

Just because you and your fellow travelers agree with each other that President Bush was a failure, you moron, doesn't make it so.

He was imperfect and made mistakes. That is not something I have ever denied. But his mistakes pale in comparison to PResident Obama's. And President Bush -- quite unlike President Obama -- did much more RIGHT than he did wrong. YOu jerk-offs of the uber-left couldn't admit as much even if you were bright enough to recognize reality in the first place.

President Obama does almost nothing right, but still, I hadda give him his due when he has done a couple of things right.

Did Vice President Cheney ever lie? Probably. Humans lie. President Obama is certainly HIGHLY truth deficient, but such things are glossed over by you slobbering Obamaphiles. And Dr. Rice was not only QUALIFIED for her job, but pretty good at it, too.

President Bush was -- by and large -- the right man in the right spot at the right time for this nation.

It is President Obama who is the cluster-fuck disaster. He HAS to get voted out if the Republic wants a fair shot of surviving the shit-storm his Administration is now brewing for us all.

Too bad that, as always, your partisan blinders are completely covering your vision.
If he was "Truly not concerned about him", why the desperate attempt to get him before leaving office?

And why shit on our special forces by going to the British special forces to get the job done?

If he was "Truly not concerned about him", why the desperate attempt to get him before leaving office?

And why shit on our special forces by going to the British special forces to get the job done?

You lads and lassies love to misinterpret what President Bush said. It is, of course, quite deliberate.

And it is not shitting on our special forces to have a close ally do the deed.

Osama dead or captured is clearly preferable to him free and alive.

Yet even so, as much as I applaud President Obama for finally taking out that trash, the truth is quite clear. The death of Osama bin Pigsucker does NOT eradicate the threat posed by al qaeda. President Bush appreciated that fact.

Why did he want to see if he could "land" the big one, nonetheless, before his time in Office came to end? Gee. That's a tough one. You idiot.

Bush: He was just a figurehead!

Uh, no. He was still directing the show.

Bush: Truly not concerned about him!

Yet you are desperate to find him before you leave office.

Bush: Would Liability defend me even if I was caught in an uncompromising position with a farm animal?

You betcha!!!

c128.gif
c128.gif
c128.gif

Bush: Would Liability defend me even if I was caught in an uncompromising position with a farm animal?

You betcha!!!

c128.gif
c128.gif
c128.gif

Laughing like a retarded hyena at your own lame-ass jokes only further underscores how totally insipid you are Simpleassholic.

Would YOU besmirch former President Bush even if he walked on water to save your worthless life?

You bet you would.

meanwhile, you'd walk over your dopey liberal bretheren to give a hummer to President Obama, you transparent fraud.

he can't suck enough and, evidently, neither can you.

You betcha!!!

c128.gif
c128.gif
c128.gif

Laughing like a retarded hyena at your own lame-ass jokes only further underscores how totally insipid you are Simpleassholic.

Would YOU besmirch former President Bush even if he walked on water to save your worthless life?

You bet you would.

meanwhile, you'd walk over your dopey liberal bretheren to give a hummer to President Obama, you transparent fraud.

Your total avoidance of the points I made about Bush is noted.

You betcha!!!

c128.gif
c128.gif
c128.gif

You bet you would.

What is noted is that you made no "points," douchey.

You regurgitated some talking pointlesses.

It's your M.O.

You remain a void.

You bet you would.

It's your M.O.

You remain a void.
Again, noted.

When you are out-debated, you always go with the spittle-spewing insults. :)

It's your M.O.

You remain a void.
Again, noted.

Again, when you have proved as consistently as you always do that you are unequipped to debate intelligently at all, the spew you perfunctorily provide is amusing.

This explains why all of us laugh at posts like the simpering stupidity of yours I just quoted. But really, at the heart of it, we are just continuing to laugh at you.

You remain a laughable failure.

It's your M.O.

You remain a void.
Again, noted.

Again, when you have proved as consistently as you always do that you are unequipped to debate intelligently at all, the spew you perfunctorily provide is amusing.

This explains why all of us laugh at posts like the simpering stupidity of yours I just quoted. But really, at the heart of it, we are just continuing to laugh at you.

You remain a laughable failure.
We've been arguing since 2004, and whenever you abandon the argument in favor of spittle-spewing insults, I know that I have won.
thumbsup.gif

And you are ALWAYS the one to throw the first insult. ALWAYS. :)

This time is no exception.

Forum List

Back