Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Infulenced by the left?

• Infulenced by Palin?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just ye ole Nutcase?
... Is winning 12 - nada, maybe this board is saner than I thought. Least we forget the "also not" 's.(is that a thing?) In addition to this not being a Left Wing thing and not being a Right Wing thing it is also not:

A weed thing...

Hit & Run : Reason Magazine

Yesterday Jesse Walker noted David Frum's plea that we not let all the talk about gun control following the Tucson massacre distract us from the importance of drug control in preventing such horrible crimes. In a post headlined "Did Pot Trigger Giffords Shooting?," Frum wrote: (see link)
A Rock and Roll thing...

A new forum for culture-war debate: Jared Loughner’s musical taste - Yahoo! News

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO_QntXc-c4[/ame]

Arizona Tragedy Response - Part 2 | From the Band | Drowning Pool
(you can't make this stuff up)

... or God knows what they will come up with tomorrow.

Hat tip to HA-
It begins: Was Loughner driven to kill by the music he was listening to? Hot Air

I was fine before watching that video...but now I am filled with an intense desire to murder.

Really weird how music can do that.

I'll be back in a little while...my neighbor just arrived home.

Ahhh...that's better!

murderer.jpg

Just for the record, I stole this from masquerade.

THIEF!
I want it back or I'm calling Sheriff Dupnik!

no need to qualify it... You're a huge asshole....

....says the guy trying to score political points from a tradegy.

except i wasn't...

my statement was merely an observation from watching other polls in action... I did not blame the left for this tragedy....

It seems it (my amended version) is actually a correct observation....

goldcatt made a great response and explained why she didn't vote... You accused me of trying to score points... one difference between you two is that goldcatt isn't a whiny bitch like you....

I appreciate the vote of confidence but really don't want to get pulled into anybody's battle here. ;)

I haven't even read the thread. Just giving my answer to the OP.

Go read those threads you will find almost all the board liberals in them and almost all of them agreeing in one form or another that Palin caused it. Claiming otherwise is a straight up lie.

Even Jillian has posted she thinks Palin's map had something to do with it.

This kid has hated the Congresswoman since 2007. Did Palin have a map up in 2007?

http://www.thelookingspoon.com/tlsimages/blog/2011/dlc_target_map.jpg

Democratic Targeting Map - 2004
I see that in your mind a map of states to target for voting gains is equal to a map with gun sights on Democratic politicians.

Typical.

Go read those threads you will find almost all the board liberals in them and almost all of them agreeing in one form or another that Palin caused it. Claiming otherwise is a straight up lie.

This kid has hated the Congresswoman since 2007. Did Palin have a map up in 2007?

That's a mild fail when it comes to comparing to Palin's map...unless the Democrats were suggesting that entire states should be nuked.

Let me be on the record that I do NOT think that Palin's map had anything to do with this event. However, at the time, I felt that Palin's map (and her comments about "reloading") was rather tasteless...and retrospectively even more so based on recent events.

Do people with a mental illness choose to have it?

Nobody's absolving the guy of his actions here, if you read the entire post. Of course there must be a penalty. But I find it fascinating and rather revolting that so many are using this as just another excuse to attack each other instead of taking a good hard look at a common thread among all of these incidents and looking for a way to resolve something that's obviously a problem.

I heard an interesting statistic last nite....haven't researched it's truth yet, so take with a grain of salt.

About 1% of our population can be classified as mentally ill....about 1% of THEM (or about 50,000) can be considered violent. Yet, 50% of all rampage killings are caused by that 1% of 1%.

that statistic gets easily spoiled by just putting any rampager into the mentally ill column.
after the rampage.

If that's what was happening I think it would be higher than 50%. Sure, it's not always the case. But for the ones where it is, why not attack the cause instead of using the effect to attack each other?

I once knew a homeless fellow, one of the nicest, sweetest, even childlike people you ever wanted to meet. He loved to stay at a particular shelter because the water faucet in the bathroom there said nice things to him instead of the "evil" things he heard in other places. That was years ago and he never went on a rampage to my knowledge, but when you're looking at these rampages and also the suicides and other crimes that cause senseless waste or destruction of lives a disproportionate amount of them are linked to proven, serious mental problems.

What if anything should we do about the people who hear the water faucet whispering "evil" things to them? Or who try to escape and/or have some control over their lives by sleeping constantly and controlling their dreams? It's not an easy question, but writing them off or pretending it's not a much, much bigger problem than reading a book or hearing some inflammatory words IMO isn't the solution.

That's a mild fail when it comes to comparing to Palin's map...unless the Democrats were suggesting that entire states should be nuked.

Let me be on the record that I do NOT think that Palin's map had anything to do with this event. However, at the time, I felt that Palin's map (and her comments about "reloading") was rather tasteless...and retrospectively even more so based on recent events.

Maybe that is exactly what the Dems were suggesting. Makes sense, doesn't it? No, of course not. And I don't believe Sara Palin was suggesting that people take up arms and start shooting their elected officials because we all know the average, stable-minded individual would never do such a thing. This young man is seriously disturbed and there is no evidence what-so-ever that he started his shooting rampage because of the crosshairs on Palins targeting map. Yet the media jumped all over it immediately! Many wishing ... hoping this guy was going to be tied to Palin and her Tea Party.

Each of us is responsible for the thoughts we think, the words we use, the way we react to a situation and we're solely responsible for the actions we take. This man needed help a long time ago, yet so many turned a blind eye. Perhaps hoping that someone else would see what they see and step in so they wouldn't have to. ( all my personal opinion )

I see that in your mind a map of states to target for voting gains is equal to a map with gun sights on Democratic politicians.

Typical.

It is now....after Saturday. It's called Damage Control.

You're a moron.

He shot 20+/- people. He probably didn't even know the judge was a judge. Politically motivated assassinations don't take out dozens of people to kill one figure.

So he woke up on this particular day, decided it was time to kill, told the cab driver to drive just anywhere, and then thought this looks like a good enough place? Sure, he did. I think you make it pretty clear who the moron is. PS I didn't say the was politically motivated; you sad sack right wingnuts say that as it helps you ignore reasons.

If Ailes is saying tone it down, then are the criticisms from the so called liberals valid?

Fox News Chief Roger Ailes says the network will tone down fiery rhetoric, defends Sarah Palin

This piece below is well done, and oh so typical of the right when criticized. Jon Stewart's monologue is excellent in a tragic situation.

'Rightbloggers Comfort the Real Victims of the Gabrielle Giffords Shooting: Themselves'

'....Though such extraordinary self-pity may seem from the outside depressing to live with, it has its advantages. It gives the sufferer's life purpose and meaning. Since he's always the victim, he never has to step up and accept responsibility for anything. In short, being a conservative means never having to say you're sorry, which makes it ideal for people who are fundamentally incapable of admitting they ever have anything or anyone besides themselves to be sorry for." Rightbloggers Comfort the Real Victims of the Gabrielle Giffords Shooting: Themselves - New York News - Runnin' Scared

Arizona Shootings Reaction - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 01/10/11 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

no need to qualify it... You're a huge asshole....

....says the guy trying to score political points from a tradegy.

except i wasn't...

my statement was merely an observation from watching other polls in action... I did not blame the left for this tragedy....

It seems it (my amended version) is actually a correct observation....

goldcatt made a great response and explained why she didn't vote... You accused me of trying to score points... one difference between you two is that goldcatt isn't a whiny bitch like you....

What are you yammering about? Didn't you take your ball and go home crying last night?

Forum List

Back