Japan raises nuclear alert level to seven/Chernobyl level

Japan raises nuclear alert level to seven | World news | guardian.co.uk

Japan is to raise the nuclear alert level at the Fukushima Daiichi power plant to a maximum seven, putting the emergency on a par with the 1986 Chernobyl disaster.
<more>

While I see why they did it. I think this sends a false massage. So far this incident lacks the Massive Graphite Fire and Explosion that propelled radiative material far enough into the atmosphere to make it a global Incident that chernobly had. Basically I guess it could be as bad as Chernobly locally, but I still do not see any reason to think it will have as far reaching effects as Chernobly. Not with out something to propel that radiation into the stratosphere.

Japan is to raise the nuclear alert level at the Fukushima Daiichi power plant to a maximum seven, putting the emergency on a par with the 1986 Chernobyl disaster.
<more>

While I see why they did it. I think this sends a false massage. So far this incident lacks the Massive Graphite Fire and Explosion that propelled radiative material far enough into the atmosphere to make it a global Incident that chernobly had. Basically I guess it could be as bad as Chernobly locally, but I still do not see any reason to think it will have as far reaching effects as Chernobly. Not with out something to propel that radiation into the stratosphere.

Thinking that this is one of the "unknown unknowns" that Rummy talks about. Those hydrogen explosions were not expected. They should have got pumps running sooner. If they lost reactor integrity, it could be a Chernoble, If you look at the amount of fuel in-play its much worse than Chernoble. I'd feel better if robots showed the reactors intact.

The worst part of all this is that we won't know how bad it really is until 10-20 years from now when Cancer rates increase. Everywhere.

Tonight on CNN Michio Kaku said "Fukushima is the biggest industrial catastrophe in the history of mankind". This same quote was spoken to Al Jazeera by Arnold Gundersen, a former nuclear industry senior vice president.

Kaku said that there was a jump in radiation levels of milk in New York City days after the tsunami. The radiation has gone global & is getting much worst. Massive amounts of heavily radioactive water around the plants will find it's way into the ocean. This exceeds Chernobyl!

Last edited:

<more>

Thinking that this is one of the "unknown unknowns" that Rummy talks about. Those hydrogen explosions were not expected. They should have got pumps running sooner. If they lost reactor integrity, it could be a Chernoble, If you look at the amount of fuel in-play its much worse than Chernoble. I'd feel better if robots showed the reactors intact.

Horrific accident they couldn't get the pumps running sooner between the quake and the wave they lost the transmission lines to the plant and the backup generators at the same time the size of the wave did the most damage and that was an unforeseen event that nobody could have prepared for.

Horrific accident they couldn't get the pumps running sooner between the quake and the wave they lost the transmission lines to the plant and the backup generators at the same time the size of the wave did the most damage and that was an unforeseen event that nobody could have prepared for.

Coulda-Woulda-Shoulda. All the same, big time fail.

Coulda-Woulda-Shoulda. All the same, big time fail.

That it is many people lost their lives in that event.

I'm so sorry for the Japanese people having lost so much in this horrendous, tragic natural disaster--cities along the coastline washed away, tons of buildings driven into the sea along with their occupants, families separated and members lost, the cold and the dark of night when it happened, and no one even knew for many days or weeks how many villages and individuals were lost. They lost factories, jobs, safety, electricity, warmth in winter. My heart goes out to all who lost others in Japan. It just wasn't fair.

Forum List

Back