Jane Park started work after deciding she preferred a “working routine” to a life of leisure

barryqwalsh

Gold Member
Sep 30, 2014
JS59085276.jpg

Jane Park lottery winner working in a chippy

A TEENAGE lottery winner had told how she got a job in a chippy because she was “bored spending money”.

Jane Park started work at the Marmaris Fry in Edinburgh after deciding she preferred a “working routine” to a life of leisure.

The 19-year-old faced criticism online from some of her 2600 Twitter followers for taking the job after her £1 million win.

Jane insists she does not need the cash and enjoys being part of her local community.

Scots teen who won 1million on the lottery and went to work in a CHIPPY says she was bored of spending money - Daily Record

Good luck Jane! You do whatever you want.

I just don't understand why she went public, as the UK Lottery allows winners to remain anonymous.

If she wants a “working routine”, I would have thought staying out of the media is the way to go?

Nice thought. But umm.... isn't she keeping a job away from somebody who needs one?

And of all the things she could be doing -- selling chips?

If $1,000,000 is all she won before taxes she needs to work anyway.

Good luck Jane! You do whatever you want.

I just don't understand why she went public, as the UK Lottery allows winners to remain anonymous.

If she wants a “working routine”, I would have thought staying out of the media is the way to go?

Having a work routine and being known publicly are not opposites...

₤1,000,000 -- not $1,000,000
It's about a million and a half bucks.

Can't see how one could possibly spend that much, even at 19.

Many lottery winners are broke within 5 years.

No doubt. But that's gotta be from blowing it on stupid shit. I assumed spending responsibly.
OK I can see how it's technically possible to spend it. But not possible to need it.

Many lottery winners are broke within 5 years.

No doubt. But that's gotta be from blowing it on stupid shit. I assumed spending responsibly.
OK I can see how it's technically possible to spend it. But not possible to need it.
This chick we'll probably do fine with her money. Time spent working is time not spent spending.

In the UK, all lottery prizes are tax free!

Plus, all winners are allowed to remain anonymous.

I don't understand why Jane did not take that option.

It is much harder to have a normal routine when everyone knows you won a lottery. You can image people asking for help.

Why go public? There is no advantage in doing so.

My wife doesn't need to work. We're financially secure. However, she does work anyways. I think just because she's a very caring soul who wants to help other people.

She worked as a cop and now she's a nurse. I didn't like it when she was a cop. I was up all night listening to a scanner and worrying about her safety. And besides, she went through several years of nursing school and a nurse earns more money than a cop anyways.

Nice thought. But umm.... isn't she keeping a job away from somebody who needs one?

And of all the things she could be doing -- selling chips?

Yes, a Polish immigrant could do with that Job! And send money home to Poland to help her family.

My wife doesn't need to work. We're financially secure. However, she does work anyways. I think just because she's a very caring soul who wants to help other people.

She worked as a cop and now she's a nurse. I didn't like it when she was a cop. I was up all night listening to a scanner and worrying about her safety. And besides, she went through several years of nursing school and a nurse earns more money than a cop anyways.

If your wife won a lottery, would she continue working?

Wouldn't be all that hard to blow it...but also wouldn't be that hard to NOT blow it. Heck...you could invest it & live pretty well on the interest. (Even a low 4% rate of return would mean $60K/year.)

If your wife won a lottery, would she continue working?
Hell no..unless she started her own business, which is my job...

Some people like and want to work..I'm 50/50 on the subject at this age..

Forum List

Back