Jan Brewer may face recall election

There is no chance for civil war in the U.S. Any who rise against the government will be put down by their neighbors before LEO or national guard have to get involved. The neighbors are armed, too.

Yeah, ok.

Don't tell the Libyans, Egyptians, Saudis, or Russians.

Arizona Governor Jan Brewer may have picked a bad time to go on vacation.

Just after the Republican lawmaker embarked on a trip to Alaska -- which she wrote on Twitter marks her first in two years -- local Fox affiliate KSAZ reported that critics of the governor spent part of Saturday collecting signatures to recall her from office at the state capitol.

According to the Grand Canyon State-based outlet, 432,000 signatures would need to be obtained by the end of May to force a recall election.

While Brewer cruised to a another term in Arizona's midterm election last year after being appointed to succeed ex-governor Janet Napolitano in 2009, it seems her tenure as governor can be characterized as anything, but smooth. From contentious debate over illegal immigration and SB 1070 -- a controversial measure addressing the issue she signed into state law last year -- to questionable health care cuts, Brewer's decisions have left some in her state less than pleased.

Jan Brewer Critics Gather Signatures To Force Recall Election

Democrats have been, are and always will be not just sore losers in elections -but intent on depriving the people of their choice in order to impose their own on them. Which is why Wisconsin Democrats are also trying to force a recall election -NOT on the Democrats who ran like cowards, refusing to do their and refused to carry out their oath of office -but those who stayed and DID THE FUCKING JOB THEY WERE ELECTED TO DO.

If I had any respect left for Democrats this attempt to try and grab power after voters already made their decision -would make me puke. This is now their new stunt in several states in order to try and deprive the people of their choice by trying to exploit the recall system to force an off election which will always have less turnout in order to grab it back. Except all I've got left for Democrats is the dry heaves having already puked myself dry.

I hope you haven't deluded yourself into believing this actually represents a real ground swell for removing Brewer from office just three months into her new term. Get real. That DEMOCRATS want her out? This is news? This is just more of the typical stunts by Democrats proving once again how much they despise our system and seek to strip the people of their choice in order to impose their own on us all. Along with that other "democracy-loving" stunt of just running away like cowards and refusing to carry out their oath of office -for which THEY are actually the ones who deserve to be recalled and forced from office frankly. This article ATTEMPTS to portray the illegal immigration issue as something that worked against her when in fact her popularity ratings skyrocketed BECAUSE of it! So the people who found it "controversial" are the very same people who couldn't throw her out of office in a real election in the first place and now want to see if they can exploit the recall system for an off election with much less turnout in order to fuck over the majority who already made their choice last election.

To be a liberal means preferring the totalitarian state and rule of the minority tyrannizing the majority. Liberalism and love of totalitarianism go hand in hand - which is why you hear asshole STUPID liberals like Woody Allen saying Obama should just declare himself dictator and the hell with what the people want and the hell with our RIGHT to CHOOSE our own leaders. Liberals like Allen think they have the greater "right" to force their choice on us all instead and at all times believe THEIR ends justifies the means. Liberals believe they have an inherent "right" to rule over everyone else and attempting to exploit the recall system this way is for the purpose of trying to bypass the election results they didn't even come close to winning in order to try and grab power back just mere WEEKS after the real winners were sworn in (again) -and doesn't surprise me in the least they believe this is a political tool that will benefit them. They honestly believe they are superior to everyone else in every way (such people not only NEVER are, but inclined to brutality and the use of violence to get their way) and as our "superiors", they should be holding a position of superiority over everyone else ramming down all our throats against our will what the "superior" minority knows is actually "best" for us. As THEY define "best" of course since what is best for you is also something else they think you have absolutely no right to decide either. Its your life (although many believe it belongs to the state and NOT the individual) -but THEY believe they can run it better than you and SHOULD. Seriously I'd rather lose a limb than be a liberal.

:clap2:

The impeachment as a tool was almost immediately perverted by Jefferson to try and get Federalist judges removed. So has the recall. The recall has been used for a long, long time. That's why it was passed in the legislatures so long ago.

If we were voting today on Brewer, I would vote for her; if it were Walker, I would vote against him, in part because he is a born again liar. Don't need that type.

And I would vote for keeping both. I guess that's why its an election, and not a fundraiser? Anyway, my "I could be wrong" statement was about civil war, not the recall. I think we're headed there, and sooner than most care to entertain. It is getting VERY chippy lately, and it is getting worse, not better.

There is no chance for civil war in the U.S. Any who rise against the government will be put down by their neighbors before LEO or national guard have to get involved. The neighbors are armed, too.

I'll take: "What is the Posse Comitatus Act for $1,000 Alex..."

Yeah, ok. Don't tell the Libyans, Egyptians, Saudis, or Russians.

Forgive me but your analogy is moronic. The far right wing militia wacks in this country are not oppressed by any mainstream standard.

Democrats have been, are and always will be not just sore losers in elections -but intent on depriving the people of their choice in order to impose their own on them. Which is why Wisconsin Democrats are also trying to force a recall election -NOT on the Democrats who ran like cowards, refusing to do their and refused to carry out their oath of office -but those who stayed and DID THE FUCKING JOB THEY WERE ELECTED TO DO.

That's just stupid. It's okay for Republicans to initiate recall measures, but if Democrats do it they are trying to deprive "the people of their choice in order to impose their own on them." Don't be such a blind partisan hack.

Yeah, ok. Don't tell the Libyans, Egyptians, Saudis, or Russians.

Forgive me but your analogy is moronic. The far right wing militia wacks in this country are not oppressed by any mainstream standard.

Really? You just think what the Gubmint is doing outside the Constitution is just hunky dorey? Really Fakey?

I hope you're right and I'm wrong. I really do.

History says you're a fool, and I'm a genius.

Maybe history is wrong too.....God, I hope so........

And history has a tendancy to repeat...Sad...but true.

Yeah.....but we're different......right???
:cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

Yeah.....but we're different......right???
:cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

Or at least American Style Statism portends to tell us that those that got it wrong throughout History didn't try their way...

American history says I am right on, and you have it wrong. Go read. The force of incorporation of American values, the mainstream, always succeeds: witness the American War for Independence, the results of the civil wars in Maine and the upper west during the war of 1812, the Civil War, the civil rights campaigns, and the eventual failure of the far right to redress what they consider the failure of the sixties.

Not to worry, you still have the right to bear arms and to shoot unarmed bears.

T, you sound like Oddball, and that's not good.

American history says I am right on, and you have it wrong. Go read. The force of incorporation of American values, the mainstream, always succeeds: witness the American War for Independence, the results of the civil wars in Maine and the upper west during the war of 1812, the Civil War, the civil rights campaigns, and the eventual failure of the far right to redress what they consider the failure of the sixties.

Keep thinking that Fakey...please do.

Brewer has one of the hardest jobs in the country and she's doing a masterful job at it.

I particularly like her sticking her finger in the eye of our pompous prick of a President who has no grasp of either State rights or his job to defend our borders

This is going to come as a shock to you, but the world's history didn't start in 1776.

I have to ask....

Where do you live?

This is going to come as a shock to you, but the world's history didn't start in 1776.

I have to ask....

Where do you live?

Many on these boards think history started the day they were born...

I have to ask....

Where do you live?

Arrogance, and ignorance.

Jake's evidently runoft.

But I was especially amused by his "neighbors will put down any rebellion" comment.

I live in Alabama.

I'm going to have to travel 4 States before I find the enemy, and by then, we will be an Army.

I have a feeling Jake has no clue how many guns there are in how many houses he drives by every day.

On my street alone, every house has at least a shotgun and a handgun. EVERY house. I know this because I sold them to them....at cost.

Which of them is going to "put me down?"

I have to ask....

Where do you live?

Arrogance, and ignorance.

Jake's evidently runoft.

But I was especially amused by his "neighbors will put down any rebellion" comment.

I live in Alabama.

I'm going to have to travel 4 States before I find the enemy, and by then, we will be an Army.

I have a feeling Jake has no clue how many guns there are in how many houses he drives by every day.

On my street alone, every house has at least a shotgun and a handgun. EVERY house. I know this because I sold them to them....at cost.

Which of them is going to "put me down?"

Indeed...the Boy has R-U-N-N-O-F-T :lol:

He has no idea...and besides I posted Posse Comitatus Act... which for an expert he proclaims to be...he somehow omitted...

The Founders wrote, and the States ratified the Second for a reason...

Speaking of R-U-N-N-O-F-T? Reminds me of this:

;) :lol:

~Enjoy :)

Last edited by a moderator:
What does the State Law say of recall? Any clue there? Each State has thier own as stated in their charters...

Actually I tried to find AZ's statutes on recall elections, but came up dry. Either way, I'm not criticizing the state law. More expressing my opinion of recall in general. If a recall initiative arose in my state, it would take an extremely high burden to convince me to support it. But each individual has to make that decision for him or her self.

I'm surprised they aren't trying to impeach her. Arizona's been known to do it on occasion.

According to Ballotpedia, which in turn references Article 8 of the Arizona State Constitution, the requirements for recall of any office holder except legislators is that it can't be filed until after the person has served six months of his first term. It can be filed against any public officer for any reason. It gets filed with the same office where that official would file for nomination - so I assume the Secretary of State's office - and you just need valid signatures, 25 percent of the number of votes cast in the last election for that office. Apparently, that's a high hurdle for statewide recalls, but local recalls are quite common here.

If the incumbent wins, he remains in office and no other recall can take place during that term unless the proponents pay the cost of the prior recall election.

Just for the record, in the case of state legislators, a recall petition may commence five days after the start of their first legislative session after their election. That's the only difference in recalling them versus recalling other office holders.

Forum List

Back