Jan Brewer may face recall election

I doubt this will gain much traction. Arizona held an election in Nov, guess what? Brewer won by a 12% margin. Feel free to fantasize though........

I doubt this will gain much traction. Arizona held an election in Nov, guess what? Brewer won by a 12% margin. Feel free to fantasize though........

I agree with you on this. Brewer should be safe. Time will tell about Scott. You do know it is possible to recall a governor: you live in CA.

I agree with you on this. Brewer should be safe. Time will tell about Scott. You do know it is possible to recall a governor: you live in CA.

I think we all realize it is possible (though it is NOT possible with Walker until 2012, unless he breaks a law).

Its just not an easy task.

I agree that there is little chance of removing Brewer.

There is a greater chance of removing Walker, IF THE ELECTION WERE TO OCCUR TODAY.

I have a feeling by 2012, Walker and his Budget will be hailed as a blueprint for success in all 50 States, but we will see in 10 months.

Yeah, I don't see the point.

What has she done that has been so bad over the past three months that people would change their mind so suddenly? Seems like a waste of money to me.

I think this is a new vehicle for American politics.

If you can't get your way, walk out.

If you still can't get your way, start a recall.

If you still can't get your way, recall someone else, in another State.

Who knows where it will end.

My guess is civil war, but I could be wrong.

You are wrong. The recall is a 100 years old. If a CEO screws up, he can be fired. Why not elected officials?

You are wrong. The recall is a 100 years old. If a CEO screws up, he can be fired. Why not elected officials?

I know the process is 100 years old.

But the practice of using it as a partisan tool is a VERY recent development.

That's what I'm talking about, not the process itself.

The process is important, beneficial, and necessary.

The practice is not.

The impeachment as a tool was almost immediately perverted by Jefferson to try and get Federalist judges removed. So has the recall. The recall has been used for a long, long time. That's why it was passed in the legislatures so long ago.

If we were voting today on Brewer, I would vote for her; if it were Walker, I would vote against him, in part because he is a born again liar. Don't need that type.

The impeachment as a tool was almost immediately perverted by Jefferson to try and get Federalist judges removed. So has the recall. The recall has been used for a long, long time. That's why it was passed in the legislatures so long ago.

If we were voting today on Brewer, I would vote for her; if it were Walker, I would vote against him, in part because he is a born again liar. Don't need that type.

And I would vote for keeping both.

I guess that's why its an election, and not a fundraiser?

Anyway, my "I could be wrong" statement was about civil war, not the recall.

I think we're headed there, and sooner than most care to entertain.

It is getting VERY chippy lately, and it is getting worse, not better.

Within the terms of his contract. Shouldn't a similar principle apply when electing officials? We elect them on a temporary basis, to a defined term of office. Shouldn't we honor the same by allowing an official to serve their term (impeachable offenses notwithstanding) and either re-elect them or not based on their job performance?

Within the terms of his contract. Shouldn't a similar principle apply when electing officials? We elect them on a temporary basis, to a defined term of office. Shouldn't we honor the same by allowing an official to serve their term (impeachable offenses notwithstanding) and either re-elect them or not based on their job performance?

What does the State Law say of recall? Any clue there? Each State has thier own as stated in their charters...

My guess is it's just drawing a parallel between the WI legislators leaving the state, and Brewer leaving the state.

Which is ridiculous. She's going on vacation, not fleeing the state to avoid doing her job. Can't imagine what possible difference it would have made if she'd stayed put.

But what can you expect from the Huffington Post, which droolers like Chris insist on thinking is a real news source? I mean, seriously. They think Brewer was APPOINTED to replace Napolitano. They don't even seem to know she followed her automatically, as the next in line.

How bright and accurate can one expect a bunch of partisan hack bloggers to be?

My guess is it's just drawing a parallel between the WI legislators leaving the state, and Brewer leaving the state.

Which is ridiculous. She's going on vacation, not fleeing the state to avoid doing her job. Can't imagine what possible difference it would have made if she'd stayed put.

But what can you expect from the Huffington Post, which droolers like Chris insist on thinking is a real news source? I mean, seriously. They think Brewer was APPOINTED to replace Napolitano. They don't even seem to know she followed her automatically, as the next in line.

Hell...if going on vacation is a preresquite for recall? Let's recall Obama...makes as much sense.:eusa_whistle:

What does the State Law say of recall? Any clue there? Each State has thier own as stated in their charters...

Actually I tried to find AZ's statutes on recall elections, but came up dry. Either way, I'm not criticizing the state law. More expressing my opinion of recall in general. If a recall initiative arose in my state, it would take an extremely high burden to convince me to support it. But each individual has to make that decision for him or her self.

And I would vote for keeping both. I guess that's why its an election, and not a fundraiser? Anyway, my "I could be wrong" statement was about civil war, not the recall. I think we're headed there, and sooner than most care to entertain. It is getting VERY chippy lately, and it is getting worse, not better.

There is no chance for civil war in the U.S. Any who rise against the government will be put down by their neighbors before LEO or national guard have to get involved. The neighbors are armed, too.

Arizona Governor Jan Brewer may have picked a bad time to go on vacation.

Just after the Republican lawmaker embarked on a trip to Alaska -- which she wrote on Twitter marks her first in two years -- local Fox affiliate KSAZ reported that critics of the governor spent part of Saturday collecting signatures to recall her from office at the state capitol.

According to the Grand Canyon State-based outlet, 432,000 signatures would need to be obtained by the end of May to force a recall election.

While Brewer cruised to a another term in Arizona's midterm election last year after being appointed to succeed ex-governor Janet Napolitano in 2009, it seems her tenure as governor can be characterized as anything, but smooth. From contentious debate over illegal immigration and SB 1070 -- a controversial measure addressing the issue she signed into state law last year -- to questionable health care cuts, Brewer's decisions have left some in her state less than pleased.

Jan Brewer Critics Gather Signatures To Force Recall Election

Democrats have been, are and always will be not just sore losers in elections -but intent on depriving the people of their choice in order to impose their own on them. Which is why Wisconsin Democrats are also trying to force a recall election -NOT on the Democrats who ran like cowards, refusing to do their and refused to carry out their oath of office -but those who stayed and DID THE FUCKING JOB THEY WERE ELECTED TO DO.

If I had any respect left for Democrats this attempt to try and grab power after voters already made their decision -would make me puke. This is now their new stunt in several states in order to try and deprive the people of their choice by trying to exploit the recall system to force an off election which will always have less turnout in order to grab it back. Except all I've got left for Democrats is the dry heaves having already puked myself dry.

I hope you haven't deluded yourself into believing this actually represents a real ground swell for removing Brewer from office just three months into her new term. Get real. That DEMOCRATS want her out? This is news? This is just more of the typical stunts by Democrats proving once again how much they despise our system and seek to strip the people of their choice in order to impose their own on us all. Along with that other "democracy-loving" stunt of just running away like cowards and refusing to carry out their oath of office -for which THEY are actually the ones who deserve to be recalled and forced from office frankly. This article ATTEMPTS to portray the illegal immigration issue as something that worked against her when in fact her popularity ratings skyrocketed BECAUSE of it! So the people who found it "controversial" are the very same people who couldn't throw her out of office in a real election in the first place and now want to see if they can exploit the recall system for an off election with much less turnout in order to fuck over the majority who already made their choice last election.

To be a liberal means preferring the totalitarian state and rule of the minority tyrannizing the majority. Liberalism and love of totalitarianism go hand in hand - which is why you hear asshole STUPID liberals like Woody Allen saying Obama should just declare himself dictator and the hell with what the people want and the hell with our RIGHT to CHOOSE our own leaders. Liberals like Allen think they have the greater "right" to force their choice on us all instead and at all times believe THEIR ends justifies the means. Liberals believe they have an inherent "right" to rule over everyone else and attempting to exploit the recall system this way is for the purpose of trying to bypass the election results they didn't even come close to winning in order to try and grab power back just mere WEEKS after the real winners were sworn in (again) -and doesn't surprise me in the least they believe this is a political tool that will benefit them. They honestly believe they are superior to everyone else in every way (such people not only NEVER are, but inclined to brutality and the use of violence to get their way) and as our "superiors", they should be holding a position of superiority over everyone else ramming down all our throats against our will what the "superior" minority knows is actually "best" for us. As THEY define "best" of course since what is best for you is also something else they think you have absolutely no right to decide either. Its your life (although many believe it belongs to the state and NOT the individual) -but THEY believe they can run it better than you and SHOULD. Seriously I'd rather lose a limb than be a liberal.

Why give them time to injure the system if the prove incompetent or false?

I don't think that her going on vacation is being presented as a reason to initiate a recall. I assume any recall movement has to do with general dissatisfaction for her handling of a plethora of issues. I'm just taking a guess as to what the OP means connecting her departure with the start of a recall initiative.

Forum List

Back