James Madison thought we should live by the ten commandments

By the way, for all of you donut smiling cock gobbling cum dumpsters out there that think God promoted slavery?

Got just one word for you.........Exodus.

Incidentally, proletarian, lemmie tell you something about the first 3.......

First one, He's telling us that He brought us into being, and for us to remember who that is. Kinda like a parent actually. And......ever been divorced? Did your ex ever re-marry? Did you have children with her? How would YOU feel if your kids started calling someone else dad?

Basically, remember who He is.

Second one about the graven images and not worshiping them? Well.......if you claim to follow God, and then are seen bowing down to another deity, people will start to question your faith, and, when they question that, they will question everything else about you.

Besides.......wrapping up all your faith into something that was made by man is kinda shorting yourself, ain't it?

Don't take the Lord's name in vain. Why? Simple........do YOU like it when people call you everything BUT your name?

And, remember.......we were created in His image.

Rikrules, you have no concept of what is in the bible or what is the constition. You are a victim of the poor educational system that exsists today. Sorry but there is nothing to comment on in your post, it is a sad example of what the Liberal/Marxist have been able to do through education.

I know that god defends and justifies slavery in the bible in a number of passages

and I know the words "America is a christian nation" are NOT in the constitution.

Rikrules, you have no concept of what is in the bible or what is the constition. You are a victim of the poor educational system that exsists today. Sorry but there is nothing to comment on in your post, it is a sad example of what the Liberal/Marxist have been able to do through education.

I know that god defends and justifies slavery in the bible in a number of passages

and I know the words "America is a christian nation" are NOT in the constitution.

You KNOW that God defends and justifies slavery? Exactly where please, post a link and prepare to have yourself a new asshole stupid.

By the way..........ever hear of some dude named Moses? Ever hear about his story in a book of the Bible called Exodus?

It's about how much God doesn't approve of slavery.

Apparently James Madison did not believe that our civilization was to be held together by laws but by religion and the ten commandments.

"To preserve the Republic, it is in the hands of the people. We have staked the whole future of American civilization not upon the power of government, far from it. We have staked the future of all of our political institutions upon the capacity of mankind for self-government; upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments" James Madison

Madison did not say that. You should fact check. Just because said quote is repeated on the internet does not mean it is accurate.

Last edited:
Why is it that those who had previously responded assumed the quote was true? Do you guys believe everything you read without question?

Why is it that those who had previously responded assumed the quote was true? Do you guys believe everything you read without question?

Of COURSE they believe everything they read or see without question. They're FAUX News viewers!

People with critical thinking skills who actually know what he stood for, upon hearing the quote, would want to verify it with facts (rather than blogs), to make sure.

Conservative lemmings believe that they are smarter than everyone else, and subsequently don't fact check things, resulting in an exceedingly thrilling ride off a very tall cliff.

The GPS isn't always right, neither is FAUX Noise.

As of this time I could care less what some members think Madison said or did not say, I will wait until I can buy half a dozen books written over the past 200 years before I know what is true and what is not.

What is important is the Leftist/Liberal/Marxist are so bent out of shape attacking others beliefs.

Such anger and hatred, whats so wrong with morality, whats wrong with not killing, with not raping children, whats wrong with not stealing.

Still one must study Adams, Madison, Jefferson, Franklin. One must study those that influenced our founding fathers, one must study the Greeks to put everything in perspective.

I find it useful though to see how vehemently the Liberal/Marxist attack simple people who try to live life as they please.

You KNOW that God defends and justifies slavery? Exactly where please, post a link and prepare to have yourself a new asshole stupid.

By the way..........ever hear of some dude named Moses? Ever hear about his story in a book of the Bible called Exodus?

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment. (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property. (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

Yo.......Sick Drools.......quit taking shit outta context.

Incidentally, you DO realize that Leviticus is a manual for Jewish Priests, right? Are you Jewish?

Incidentally, you DO realize that Leviticus is a manual for Jewish Priests, right? Are you Jewish?

slavery is slavery is slavery

you do realize that slavery is slavery....right?

or do you think that some types of slavery are ok?

in the OT......god promotes, endorses and defends slavery.

mdn, in this, as in everything else, you are an idiot. There are rules for the treatment of slaves in the Bible. And the slavery is very much in our constitution, particulary in the counting of people for representation. The 3//5 rule.

OLD TESTAMENT REFERENCES

Exodus 2:23, 13:3, 13:14, 20:2, Deuteronomy 5:6, 6:12, 7:8, 8:14, 13:5, 13:10, Joshua 24:17, Judges 6:8, Nehemiah 5:5, 9:17, Jeremiah 34:13, Micah 6:4

NEW TESTAMENT REFERENCES

Luke 21:24, John 8:33, Acts 7:6, 7:9, Romans 6:19, 8:15, 8:21, 1 Corinthians 9:27, 2 Corinthians 10:5, Galatians 4:24, 25, 5:1, 1 Timothy 6:1, Hebrews 2:15, 2 Peter 2:19

Michelangelo's unfinished 'Bearded Slave' captures
a slave's sense of imprisonment, of being trapped

CASE STUDIES

JOSEPH

Joseph was sold into slavery by his brothers, who hated him. He was taken to Egypt where he was auctioned in an open market to the highest bidder. His future looked black, but the subsequent story shows how a clever and skilled slave could rise in the world - Joseph quickly becomes the trusted overseer of large estates belonging to his Egyptian master, Potiphar.

However, the story also shows how vulnerable a slave was. Potiphar's wife mades sexual advances to him, expecting that she, as his owner, could expect him to respond in the same way as a slave girl might submit to her master. When Joseph rejected her, she was humiliated and outraged, since his refusal contradicted what she saw as normal practice. She accused him of attempted rape. Now the slave's vulnerability became clear: despite his ability and faithful service to Potiphar, Joseph was immediately cast into prison, without trial, where he languished for some years.
(Genesis 37-50).
For more on Joseph, see BIBLE PEOPLE: JOSEPH

ONESIMUS

The Letter of Paul to Philemon describes the slave Onesimus, possibly a runaway, and tells us something about the way that slaves were regarded in New Testament times. He is with Paul, not only serving him but now converted to the Good News.

Paul seems to look on Onesimus almost as his own child, and wants the slave to continue in his service. Nevertheless, Paul knows the legal implications of this, and that he is obliged to send him back to his master, Philemon. He wonders whether Onesimus has wronged his former master? Or perhaps stolen something from him? If this is so, Paul has to tread carefully. He speaks in a deferential way to Philemon, diplomatically asking for the slave to be released.

At the end of the letter, we get another clue to the situation - Paul is about to visit Philemon, probably bringing Onesimus with him. When Paul arrives, can he hope that Philemon will give him Onesimus as a gift?
(Letter to the Colossians 4:9; Philemon)

HAGAR

Hagar is the Egyptian slave of Sarah, wife of Abraham. She was probably acquired when Abraham and Sarah were in Egypt. When Sarah cannot conceive a child, she gives Hagar to Abraham as a concubine, so that the girl may conceive a child that will legally belong to Sarah, and may be named as Abraham's successor. A great deal of guff is written about the injustice of this, but the truth is that Hagar would have leapt at the chance to improve her social status from slave to concubine and possibly mother of the next leader of the tribe.

Hagar becomes pregnant, but it is made clear in the story that Sarah is still the Queen Bee of the tribe. Hagar still belongs to her, even though she is the mother of Abraham's child. It seems then that female slaves were under the legal jurisdiction of the Alpha Female of the tribe, and were not considered the property of the male tribal leader.
(Genesis 16, 21).
For more on Hagar, see BIBLE WOMEN: HAGAR

________________________________________________________________________________________
ACTIVITIES

Slaves and the Law
Make a search for ancient laws governing the treatment of slaves, for example in
· Deuteronomy 23:15-20, on fugitive slaves or
· The Code of Hammurabi

As of this time I could care less what some members think Madison said or did not say, I will wait until I can buy half a dozen books written over the past 200 years before I know what is true and what is not.

What is important is the Leftist/Liberal/Marxist are so bent out of shape attacking others beliefs.

Such anger and hatred, whats so wrong with morality, whats wrong with not killing, with not raping children, whats wrong with not stealing.

Still one must study Adams, Madison, Jefferson, Franklin. One must study those that influenced our founding fathers, one must study the Greeks to put everything in perspective.

I find it useful though to see how vehemently the Liberal/Marxist attack simple people who try to live life as they please.

Reality is that the founding fathers were not at all the pious people that you dingleberries try to make them out to be. They were some of the most brilliant men of the enlightenment, and regarded most religions as advaseral to the freedom of men.

The Christian Nation Myth

Such a view of American history is completely contrary to known facts. The primary leaders of the so-called founding fathers of our nation were not Bible-believing Christians; they were deists. Deism was a philosophical belief that was widely accepted by the colonial intelligentsia at the time of the American Revolution. Its major tenets included belief in human reason as a reliable means of solving social and political problems and belief in a supreme deity who created the universe to operate solely by natural laws. The supreme God of the Deists removed himself entirely from the universe after creating it. They believed that he assumed no control over it, exerted no influence on natural phenomena, and gave no supernatural revelation to man. A necessary consequence of these beliefs was a rejection of many doctrines central to the Christian religion. Deists did not believe in the virgin birth, divinity, or resurrection of Jesus, the efficacy of prayer, the miracles of the Bible, or even the divine inspiration of the Bible.

These beliefs were forcefully articulated by Thomas Paine in Age of Reason, a book that so outraged his contemporaries that he died rejected and despised by the nation that had once revered him as "the father of the American Revolution." To this day, many mistakenly consider him an atheist, even though he was an out spoken defender of the Deistic view of God. Other important founding fathers who espoused Deism were George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, Ethan Allen, James Madison, and James Monroe.

mdn, in this, as in everything else, you are an idiot. There are rules for the treatment of slaves in the Bible. And the slavery is very much in our constitution, particulary in the counting of people for representation. The 3//5 rule.

Old Crock going off half cocked because all Old Crocks does is cut and paste. Look at the great links, good job Old Crock.

Apparently James Madison did not believe that our civilization was to be held together by laws but by religion and the ten commandments.

"To preserve the Republic, it is in the hands of the people. We have staked the whole future of American civilization not upon the power of government, far from it. We have staked the future of all of our political institutions upon the capacity of mankind for self-government; upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments" James Madison

*sending James Madison a zombie cookie*

By the way, for all of you donut smiling cock gobbling cum dumpsters out there that think God promoted slavery?

Got just one word for you.........Exodus.

lol

Incidentally, proletarian, lemmie tell you something about the first 3.......

First one, He's telling us that He brought us into being

He's my real daddy? Does that me me the Son of God?

And......ever been divorced? Did your ex ever re-marry? Did you have children with her? How would YOU feel if your kids started calling someone else dad?

You the other gods do exist?
Basically, remember who He is.

A genocidal misogynist?
Second one about the graven images and not worshiping them? Well.......if you claim to follow God, and then are seen bowing down to another deity, people will start to question your faith, and, when they question that, they will question everything else about you.

Go ahead. I don't blindly follow orders based on who gives them. They tried that defense at Nuremburg.
Besides.......wrapping up all your faith into something that was made by man is kinda shorting yourself, ain't it?

Yet here you are...
Don't take the Lord's name in vain. Why? Simple........do YOU like it when people call you everything BUT your name?

non sequitur

And, remember.......we were created in His image.
God looks like Joseph Merrick? Or did you men spiritually, as in God's nature is like Stalin's?

Except when the Master Race does it :eusa_whistle:

As of this time I could care less what some members think Madison said or did not say,

So the truth doesn't matter?

Typical of a right-winger.

Exactly, what's wrong with being an atheist and refusing to commit rape and genocide and kill children no matter who says their 'god' commands it?

Just because theists have no morals doesn't mean they have to attack they who do.

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment. (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property. (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

lol

Please provide the context in which invading a nation, killing all the men and male children and women who've had sex before and taking the (necessarily predominantly prebuescent, given the marriage rituals of the day) virgin gorls hostage, shaving their heads, and keeping them as sex slaves is moral and just.

slavery is slavery is slavery

you do realize that slavery is slavery....right?

or do you think that some types of slavery are ok?

in the OT......god promotes, endorses and defends slavery.

In the NT, Jesus never condemns it, but rather tells slaves to be good obedient slaves.

Who wants to bet IBS tries to defend genocide by claiming 'well, everyone else was doing it, too!' and 'They were just following orders- it's okay because of who gave the orders!'?

Forum List

Back