James Kirchick, Ron Paul's Slanderer, Is Funded By Neo Con Think Tanks

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Paulie, Jan 13, 2008.

1. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,337
    Yes, it seems this guy isn't just some independent editor, he's been funded by neo-conservative think tanks.

I think at this point we should all realize that neo-conservative interests have no desire for a man like Ron Paul to have any high power in government, especially President of the US. Ron Paul is about as anti-neocon as it gets.

http://research.yale.edu/iss/news.php

Upon digging deeper, this is what comes up:

John M. Olin Foundation:
    http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=John_M._Olin_Foundation

All VERY PROMINENT Neo Conservative groups.

It appears there's an obvious agenda here regarding this Kirchick/Paul story.

It's not so independent and out of nowhere anymore.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. onedomino

onedomino SCE to AUX

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +476
    So what? Does that alter the fact that Paul is a blame America isolationist? Those groups mentioned above are anti Paul and rightfully so. Paul's hide behind our borders extremism would be an abject disaster for America and the West. And as underlined by the primary results, most people realize that.

3. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,337
    No, MOST people don't even know about him. Don't speak for America. Funny though, how he has more votes so far than Fred Thompson and Rudy Giuliani.

Second, what you just said has nothing do with the issue involving Kirchick and Paul. It has nothing to do with his policy. We're not talking about his foreign policy here, it's about a slanderous attack on Paul by Kirchick involving unproven allegations that Paul is racist. Kirchick has hurt the image of a man running for president, based on loosely connected circumstantial findings. Once labelled a "racist" in the eyes of people, it's very hard to reverse it, no matter how much proof you show. Case in point is Kathianne. She's got her mind made up already, and doesn't even have proof.

You don't go publishing articles to try and ruin someone's image or career in this way, if you don't have PROOF.

All I'm doing is pointing out an agenda which I've just recently come to find out about.

We already know you're a rabid war hawk, and wouldn't like Ron Paul REGARDLESS of his views on race. Now, do you have anything substantial to add to the ACTUAL topic at hand?

4. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    1. Liberals blame America. Ron Paul blames neocons. Please don't confuse "America" with "neocons." They are two very different things... in fact, the latter hates the former.

2. Hiding Behind Our Borders is otherwise known as "living life in peace and prosperity in a sovereign country." Sounds cool to me. What's your plan, onedomino? Let a few illegals from Guatemala camp in your living room while you decamp to Iran?

3. The primary results in NH show Ron Paul waxing Rudy Giuliani, aka "the best candidate for Israel." Not sure that's a repudiation, exactly.

5. onedomino

onedomino SCE to AUX

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +476
    What a load of crap, racist. Do not attribute things to me I have not said. I am not surprised you jump into a post defending Paul. Paulitics says I am a war hawk. He is a liar. But I agree that Islamic radicalism should not overrun the Middle East, Central, South, and SE Asia. And if we have to fight to prevent that from happening, then that is will happen in the future, and what is happening now. America will continue to engage with the world, regardless of the irrelevant views of extremists like you, Paulitics, and Ron Paul.

6. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    Such a tough guy! But I'll bet that while you've got yourself hyped up to fight "Islamic radicalism" in places you've never been to and can't even spell, you have no problem with open borders or the public funding of Muslim-only schools in the U.S., no? And what goddamn business is it of yours how foreign countries arrange themselves? Do you think China has a right to stamp out "radical Christianity" in the U.S.? America can't keep simple illegal aliens from crossing the border, but we're going to "stop" an ideologically fierce foreign movement with billions of followers that, absent Israeli involvement, poses almost ZERO threat to the U.S.?

Typical neocon crap. You guys are 500 times more of a threat to America than any "racist".

7. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,337
    You're never going to stop individuals with an ideology. And certainly not by invading countries and shoving a gun barrell down the citizens' throats. You can't see that our aggression has caused some people to hate us?

How do you think us invading countries and overthrowing governments is going to stop that one individual who is determined to mount a surprise attack somewhere? No matter what, there will always be another one of those individuals with that same idea. It'll never stop.

I'll never understand how aggressively invading and intervening in another nation's business, or economically sanctioning a nation, or dropping bombs on foreign cities, or covertly overthrowing and installing governments is going to somehow make the ideology of hatred disappear.

I've never seen one instance where anyone who advocates our current foreign policy could explain how they would feel if the whole situation was reversed. If China had been intervening in our nation for 30 years in one way or another, and our standard of living had been dramatically decreasing, and their troops were going in you and your neighbors house, you wouldn't eventually gather together with others and decide how you'd like to plan some type of revenge? Or, if not you personally, you wouldn't at least understand if others would?

My biggest problem is that we are too arrogant in this country. We think we're the best because that's what we're told. Even if that's true to some extent, it doesn't give us the right to spread America throughout the world. Especially at the expense of other innocent people.

We'll never stop the ideology of terrorism. It's been around since the beginning of time, and it'll be here until the end. It's not a new concept, no matter how much our government would like us to feel it is.

If we care about AMERICA'S security, why are our fucking borders wide open? "fight them over there, so we don't have to fight them over here". What a bunch of bullshit. We'll ALWAYS be fighting them over here as long as we open our front door and say Come on In!

Two words: ARMED NEUTRALITY.

8. onedomino

onedomino SCE to AUX

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +476
    Of course it's all about being anti Jew with you isn't it. All of your excretment on these boards always boils down to that. And regarding places I cannot spell, I have lived in China and visted almost every country in Asia. I have lived in Germany and visited almost every country in Western and Eastern Europe. I have spent weeks in St Petersburg. So do not tell me about places I cannot spell, assbreath. And it is certainly our business when radical fanatics produced in the Middle East, Central, South, and SE Asia attack us and our allies around the world. If you do not think we are in a war with radical Islam, then you ought to cut down on the Stormfront poison so you might have a moment of clarity.

9. pegwinn

pegwinn Top of the Food Chain

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +329
    Actually RP isn't an isolationist. I thought he was until I did a bit more homework. More accurately he is a noninterventionalist. So far as I know, he hasn't called for repudiating treaties. That would be isolationist for certain.

Hiding behind the border is not inherently a bad thing. It's the reasoning you need to look at. His reasoning appears to be a mix of "avoiding foreign entanglements", "live and let live", and a stance that there is no Constitutional basis for intervention in other countries affairs.

Finally, I never heard him "blame" America. I did hear him explain his ideas of cause and effect with a historical basis. I don't fully agree with him, but, if he were to blame America we'd have not seen him openly disagree with the 911 Truther crowd.

10. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Yet he's appeared time and again on Alex Jones over years, not disabusing the listeners that he feels differently. It's only been recently, on MSM programs when asked directly that I've heard him say, "Of course not." He's the candidate that keeps using the Gulf of Tonkin as an analogy for 9/11-that to my way of thinking is a 'blame America' for 9/11. Just my opinion.